LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Thx Doreen and good to hear from u - hope all is well with u - must dash to do the school run - will pop back here to catch up on everyone tonight - I keep meaning to ask - what is ur diary called - I'd like to read itx

It is called ` Nanny Doreen, my diaries no matter what it is.`
Ah you found it I noticed afterwards.

Last edited:
Hello. Well I was quite surprised I had stayed the same. I have been good and swimming so thought I might lose a pound or two. Never mind. :)

I guess it`s better than putting on but not so good as losing. Commiserating and congratulating at the same time Mo.

Enjoy your time off plan. xx

My food for today. Delicious it was too.
hexa 1 - milk. hexa 2 - 40g low fat cheese
hexb 1 - 2 bread - hexb 2 - 80g minced beef

B: 2 bread, 2 eggs, baked beans
L: McCains Jacket - 1 syn and baked beans 10g l/f cheddar.
D: Lasagne. BNS, carrot, courgette, passata, dried herbs and minced beef. Fromage frais and egg for topping with 60g cheese on top.
30g the rest of h/e. With fresh vine tomatoes to serve.
Only eaten half of it so will count the rest of the cheese another day.
Later frozen berries and cherry yogurt.

1 syn for the jacket.

Spent quite a bit of time weeding the front garden. My driveway is full of cracks with very long grassy weeds in it. Well it was, have nearly finished it.
Will carry on tomorrow after I have cut the grass.
Maybe I can lose this week with all that body magic today.

Hope you all having a good day and some really lovely food.
I have put the other half of the lasagne in the freezer, good or what?

Last edited:
Well done - I hope u have a good loss this week after all that work - someone told me to use the cheapest table salt I can buy (Lidl - 19p last time) on those awkward weeds in the cracks - it takes a few days to kill them but the effect last for a few months (but sometimes the tough ones need a 2nd dose!)

It is called ` Nanny Doreen, my diaries no matter what it is.`
Ah you found it I noticed afterwards.

Thx - I struggled to find it - there's so many food diaries here! I'm enjoying reading urs!!

Well done - I hope u have a good loss this week after all that work - someone told me to use the cheapest table salt I can buy (Lidl - 19p last time) on those awkward weeds in the cracks - it takes a few days to kill them but the effect last for a few months (but sometimes the tough ones need a 2nd dose!)

I shall definately try the salt tomorrow and hope it doesn`t rain. Thanks for that.

Hope everyone's been ok today - well started off really well up to 5ish - I've had cystitis all week but felt rotten today - started picking whilst making tea then didn't fancy it! So blown it today - have doctor's appointment in the morning - must do better - how syns in antibiotics? :rolleyes:

That can be so painful. They say drink plenty of water or cranberry juice. Never thought about calories in any pills. I take a few --------------- ahh now I know why I have trouble losing weight :p

I hope the Doc helps Upndown. Good luck.

Have a better food day tomorrow hopefully. xx

Time foir bed. Night

Hope everyone's been ok today - well started off really well up to 5ish - I've had cystitis all week but felt rotten today - started picking whilst making tea then didn't fancy it! So blown it today - have doctor's appointment in the morning - must do better - how syns in antibiotics? :rolleyes:

Hope docs ok. Dont syn the ABs body needs them to mend. You're really consistant in your losses mate. Well done. Nearly there now!:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hope docs ok. Dont syn the ABs body needs them to mend. You're really consistant in your losses mate. Well done. Nearly there now!:)

Thanks - usually the tablets sort me out quickly! Not long for ur hol now - have fun!

It is a lovely morning here today. Seems it is not going to last. We should be getting some rain this afternoon, so garden will have to be finished this morning if possible at least the cutting of the grass. Supposed to be worse to the north according to the forecast.
Had a quick walk to the Post Office to post 2 cards to NZ. £4 to send two, it seems to go up all the time. They advise me to get smaller cards, have you ever tried buying a nice Son card that is small. Cannot be done. The other one was one of my cross stitch cards so was slightly padded and as heavy as the bigger one that I bought.
Had toast eggs and beans for breakfast so off to cut the grass now. Have a good day all.

A nice interesting post Doreen - nice to hear what ppl are doing - and clever u for making ur own cards!! That must be very special for the recipient. I've drawn a line over last couple of glitches and doing ok so far!!

Hope everyone's well and had a good day.

Well I haven't been feeling right this week and went to doc's earlier - as I suspected I have a bladder infection but the good news is that the tablets have taken away my appetite which is just as well as I've struggled a few times this week - and I joined another of Kay's salad challenges this week!! Here's how my food went today:

Brunch: bacon, egg, mushroom salad - strange but just what I fancied!

Snack: banana and satsuma

Tea: Gammon and tomatoes

Syns = 5 for a Freddo (I need to be v ill to miss out choc LOL!)

Well Upndown it's very quiet here - yes Mo's off on her break and Doreen's busy with her family - hope they're both having a good time - well at least they won't know that u've been messing about - and don't use being on antibiotics as an excuse - just be honest and post ur food today - ok - here it is:

brunch: lamb salad and fat free toffee yogurt

no appetite for food but fancied ice cream and choc and had quite a bit - don't know how many syns but more than 15 for sure!

Must get back on plan in the morning - I've been upndown too much lately.

Sorry to hear you have been feeling rough. A bonus if you don`t want to eat. Also I noticed you are talking to yourself, is that the medication? Lol. It is quiet eh?

My DIL mum has come today but the grandchildren are not coming. Mum has been given the week off due to a family problem so it is possible I may be going to them at some point in the week.

Food for Thurs
Hexa - milk - 40g low fat cheddar
hexb - 2 bread. 90g x/l minced beef
B: 2 eggs, 1/2 tin baked beans and 2 toast. Coffee
L: 2 McCains jacket spud (2) with h/e cheese & vine tomatoes. Fresh pineapple.
D:Chilli con carni & rice. Made with minced beef, chillie beans, onion, tin toms chilli flakes. 100g rice. Banana
Syns Jackets - 2

FRIDAY FOOD
B: 2 eggs, bacon. few beans & 2 pieces of black pudding (eaten before checking syns- 14.1/2) was lovely though.
D: chicken, broccoli & mashed spud
Syns 17
Black pud - 14.1/2
butter - 1/2
gravy 2

PUT ON 1/2LB TODAY, BUT AM OK WITH THAT.

Last edited:
Quiet here again - here's how my food went:

Brunch - small bowl of chilli con carne (no rice) appetite still low :bliss:
Tea (out): steak, asked for veg (no butter) & salad instead of the chips (gave onion rings to hubby - only cos I'm off my food tho'!) but still had a coffee just so that I'd get the tiny brownie they serve with it!!

Sorry to hear you have been feeling rough. A bonus if you don`t want to eat. Also I noticed you are talking to yourself, is that the medication? Lol. It is quiet eh?

My DIL mum has come today but the grandchildren are not coming. Mum has been given the week off due to a family problem so it is possible I may be going to them at some point in the week.

Food for Thurs
Hexa - milk - 40g low fat cheddar
hexb - 2 bread. 90g x/l minced beef
B: 2 eggs, 1/2 tin baked beans and 2 toast. Coffee
L: 2 McCains jacket spud (2) with h/e cheese & vine tomatoes. Fresh pineapple.
D:Chilli con carni & rice. Made with minced beef, chillie beans, onion, tin toms chilli flakes. 100g rice. Banana
Syns Jackets - 2

FRIDAY FOOD
B: 2 eggs, bacon. few beans & 2 pieces of black pudding (eaten before checking syns- 14.1/2) was lovely though.
D: chicken, broccoli & mashed spud
Syns 17
Black pud - 14.1/2
butter - 1/2
gravy 2

PUT ON 1/2LB TODAY, BUT AM OK WITH THAT.

You've done well on both those days Doreen :clap: and the half pound gain is nothing is it - just equal to two quarters of dolly mixtures! Glad u'll be seeing the children soon - well worth the drive I'm sure!! I'm chuffed that tablets are putting me off food - but u may have noticed that I still had a little choc brownie! ;)

Ooh just remembered I had a Hi Fi bar this morning so that's an HEB and I've had 4 Polos to settle my tum!!

Hi friends! im going on my short hols so just wishing you all a great week on plan. C u soon. X

Back