LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Oooooh - that's miles better isn't it - know which one I'd believe!!

Afternoon everyone. Lovely afternoon here. Got home yesterday about 7pm. Was going to the chippy but it was too busy. As I said I had the cheese Sat morning then had nothing till I got home, even tho` I did a dinner for Faye. I just forgot.
When I got in had 2 cups Beannie Irish Coffee with 7 chocolates that my son gave me with my pressies for mothers day. thought best to eat chocs when having this kind of day rather then later in the week. I thought I would have a free from sw day totally. I had four toast
and a tin of raviola.

I have been shopping and bought plenty of fruit & veg.
Had brunch at 12.45 bacon eggs mushroom toms 1 sausage (1/2) 3 bread (2.1/2)
Dinner will be 4 sausages (2) spuds broccoli & cabbage and onion gravy (1) 10g bisto.
Snacks pears.
I notice you avoided fish & chips too LJ and you avoided the Naan Mo. Better than my avoidence because I had the chocs.
Your extra fibre sounds like it is doing the job LJ.

Enjoy the rest of the day all, I have unpacked and washed all my gear whilst catching up on some TV.

It is so nice to be home and I have sat and worked out some food for the week.

Afternoon everyone. Lovely afternoon here. Got home yesterday about 7pm. Was going to the chippy but it was too busy. As I said I had the cheese Sat morning then had nothing till I got home, even tho` I did a dinner for Faye. I just forgot.
When I got in had 2 cups Beannie Irish Coffee with 7 chocolates that my son gave me with my pressies for mothers day. thought best to eat chocs when having this kind of day rather then later in the week. I thought I would have a free from sw day totally. I had four toast
and a tin of raviola.

I have been shopping and bought plenty of fruit & veg.
Had brunch at 12.45 bacon eggs mushroom toms 1 sausage (1/2) 3 bread (2.1/2)
Dinner will be 4 sausages (2) spuds broccoli & cabbage and onion gravy (1) 10g bisto.
Snacks pears.
I notice you avoided fish & chips too LJ and you avoided the Naan Mo. Better than my avoidence because I had the chocs.
Your extra fibre sounds like it is doing the job LJ.

Enjoy the rest of the day all, I have unpacked and washed all my gear whilst catching up on some TV.

It is so nice to be home and I have sat and worked out some food for the week.

Glad ur at home - nowhere like it is there? And u can have me time after busy week - u deserved the chocs and as u say better to eat them today than nearer WI day - I find it's the times when I don't plan that are the most difficult - so that's a good job done.

That's why I often make a meal for 4 and we have it 2 days running - neither of us are bothered as long as it's tasty and quick! I do freeze meals sometimes but I don't have a big freezer and it's often full! Enjoy ur well earned rest!

Oooooh - that's miles better isn't it - know which one I'd believe!!

Believe the best one. :)

Can someone tell me that the two litres we should be drinking can I count my coffee too?
I have had to pints of sugar free squash so far today also around a pint of coffee with milk.

Hi again - here's a link to the NHS website - it says yes u can count water in tea/coffee - yet some say that tea/coffee dehydrate the body so u can't - I'd go the with NHS!!

I think it's a really good site - there's a review of popular diets inc SW - they're positive about it but say it doesn't teach us about portion control - well we've touched that on here haven't we??

Water and drinks - Live Well - NHS Choices

Thank you upndown. This thread has so much information.

I will have a look at that now.

Well good afternoon everyone!

what a beautiful day it is! Although I have been stuck in a dingy office all day, but was nice to have some sunshine when I sat outside at lunch and ate my potato!

I had had a productive day, and got paid overtime for it :D all done now and at home. The kitties were happy to see me. The all gathered at the top of the stairs lol

Well I am thinking about writing a list and planning some meals for the week. Then get all my jobs done today so I can relax tomorrow!

I actually think you might be onto something with the fibre. I had brown toast this morning and it did fill me up until 2pm when I had a potato. It didn't seem to affect me. But I think I will stick to having it occasionally. I am looking forward to trying LJs smoothies next weekend! :)

I haven't managed to do any exercise. Well apart from generally walking round and my burst of cleaning last night. I may go for a nice walk tomorrow, the weather is supposed to be lovely again.

Nanny D I was reading about the water thing. Even fizzy sugar free drinks count towards your water. Although as Upndown mentioned that caffeine drinks do dehydrate you, so I guess you would need to drink maybe more to compensate for this. Although how much it dehydrates you I don't know??

I suppose it might dehydrate me CJ but I am always in the loo, and up several times during the night, well at least 3.

I don`t reckon I would manage 2 litres without the coffee, but at least 1lt. Gonna be measuring it and see how much I have. Will save on the coffee eh?

Hello Everybody. I swam my 80 lengths this mornng. (40 in ordinay pool) and then had a good brisk 30 minute walk.
Food today {far too much bread) Breakfast _ 1 slice toast. Lunch a crab sandwich. Tea- beans on laughing cow lfight cheese on toast. Hope everyone enjoyed their day.

Hi Mo - well done on the swimming - don't beat urself up on the bread tho'! I bet if u counted the calories instead of SW u'd have done ok!!

Last edited:
I hope everyone's had good day!

Here's my food today:

B: melon & Fat Free fromage frais with 4 dried apricots - part HEB

L: warm cheese salad - 25g parmesan cheese - HEA, broccoli & cauli florets, frylighted onions & leeks, cherry toms, gherkin, beet, cucumber, yellow pepper, balsamic vinegar

T: veg soup, Quorn chilli - 2/3 veg, rice, Bubble's banoffee cheesecake with nuts more than yest Mmmmm... so HEB x 2

Drinks: 1 tea ss milk part HEA, water 1.8L so far

35 mins walk

Last edited:
Hi all, quick food update as forgot to post..

Breakfast - scrambled egg, brown toast (hexb) and passata

Lunch - jacket potato, cheese (hexa) and beans

Tea - Chicken cooked in Italian herb paper (1.5syn), salad leaves, cucumber, beet root, salad cream (1syn), garlic fried potatoes.

Pudding - Frozen berries, chopped up and mixed with fat free natural Greek yogurt, honey (1syn) yummy! Like berry ice cream.

Very low syn day today!

CJ & Upndown - Your food looks great but reading it has made me feel like eating, already had crab sticks and grapes.

Me thinks time for bed. Night

CJ & Upndown - Your food looks great but reading it has made me feel like eating, already had crab sticks and grapes.

Me thinks time for bed. Night

Oooops I know what exactly u mean - especially when I'm reading about people's syns!!

Hi all, quick food update as forgot to post..

Breakfast - scrambled egg, brown toast (hexb) and passata

Lunch - jacket potato, cheese (hexa) and beans

Tea - Chicken cooked in Italian herb paper (1.5syn), salad leaves, cucumber, beet root, salad cream (1syn), garlic fried potatoes.

Pudding - Frozen berries, chopped up and mixed with fat free natural Greek yogurt, honey (1syn) yummy! Like berry ice cream.

Very low syn day today!

WOW a text book day on plan - well done!!

Good morning everybody, what a lovely day it is. Sunshine and warmth and a good food day. What more can a girl want except the encouragement we give each other.

My green plan for today.

B: 2 eggs, lots mushroom & 2 toast.
L: lettuce, toms, baby beets. boiled eggs, peppers, onion and a small potato
D: Lasagne made with 60g minced beef, (h/e) onion, peppers, bns, corgette & carrot
sauce will be fat free nat yog & an egg mixed together with a little cheese on top (h/e).
Gonna make some pudding rice with water and have some frozen berries with it.
(spotted CJ`s berry ice cream and thought I have some berries in freezer)
Will have some fresh fruit and a least one litre of water/juice as well as coffees.

No syns so far today. Oh yes had a sugar drop while doing some gardening & had 3 sugar cubes 1.1/2 syns.

Hello Everybody. I hope everyone has had a good day. I hung the curtains I made this morning and they looked smashing so I was delighted. Food today- 1 slice of toast with flora extra light. Lunch- roast beef, boiled carrots, peas and mashed potato with gravy. ( this started as a Morrisons roast dinner but I gave rmy partner the yorkshire pudding and the roast potatoes) Tea- baked beans on toast with blue laughing cow. Melon. blackberries with mullerlight yoghurt. :)

Hey Upd :), sorry I've been a bit AWOL. Hope your having a lovely mothers day and I wanted to say I hope you have a smashing loss on Wednesday, you've done amazingly well on the sexpress and salad challenge this week. I'm so proud of you hun :D.

Hugs Kay xx

Back