LL April Starters!

LL do special water flavourings (st clements, Sunshine orange and forest fruits) that are available from your LLC. You can have unlimited amounts on the diet and it is great for a change from plain water and is also great for extra fibre!

Thanks for the welcome girls!

and well done kaygillx on your loss! Keep it up :)

I'm on day 6. I had a muffin made from the chocolate pack which was yummy and some sweetened tea for breakfast.

I took a sneaky peak on the scales at home. I think I have lost 5.8 kg according to my scales. I'm trying not to get too excited because there could be a difference in weight from the scales at home and the meeting.

But well done everyone!
:D

Oh LL'ers i think i made a terrible mistake, last couple of days i have been very very ill, not due to the programme i dont think but i have a awful throat and chest along with a head cold, i have had to take medicines and i didnt even think that these could be heavy in sugar and god no's what else!!
My weigh in is tomorrow i dont no if it will have affected anything and whether to tell my counciller or what? HELP!

A friend at work who was on LL as well told me she used to take sugar laden medicines whilst having the flu. She said that it didnt dramatically affect her weightloss or her ketosis, but I guess everyone is different.

Try not to worry and stay away from them now on :)

Kaygill - the most important thing is getting better, you will very quickly drop back into ketosis, if indeed you do come out. Prolonging the illness because of the diet doesn't make sense, you need to be as healthy and as strong as possible! I do know how you feel, I had really bad cystitis a couple of weeks ago, and desperately didn't want to take anything, but came on here and Minerva put me straight :D

Hey!

Starting Lighterlife on Sunday!
Just got to get the doctor to sign off on it! Fingers crossed!
Bring on the weight loss!
only really worried about all the water considering i dont drink any atm!?!
Do you recomend exercise at the same time as the diet or did most people not bother if they didnt already?

Good luck every1

Adam

KayGill - hope you feel better soon chick :)

Welcome Adam - you don't *have* to exercise but if you do you'll find you burn off fat and make muscle and tone up nicely. Don't worry too much about the water now - I find myself quite thirsty naturally on the packs and don't have much problem downing 3l per day. The water flavourings do help, so try and get some of those.

Hope everyone had a good day today :)

Loula x x x

was just being nosey and wanted to say if you have coughs and colds and stuff have a chat with the pharmacist as you can get sugar free cough mixtures and the like for diabetics...prior to my surgery I did Atkins and used them and they didn't put me out of Ketosis's and they didn't when I did my VLC low carb prior to surgery they didn't knock me out of ketosis then:D...will run and hide back in the surgery group.....GOOD LUCK xxxx

Welcome newbies & good luck! kayGill hope you get well soon:)
Excited about my 2nd weigh-in tomorrow - hope its good ! Went out with kids today for a 3mile cycle - sore butt but feel good for the exercise done!

Hi Everyone, another April starter here, I started on the 4th, so far my favorite shake is the vanilla/choc mixed together. Best wishes to all the other April starters and everybody else here.

I spend hours on this site, which is great time filler and takes your mind off the dreaded "F" word. One of my favorites quotes I try to remember throughout the day is "If you're going through hell, keep going" read it somewhere not sure if there should be more to it or not it sounds a bit open ended, I'm sure the wise ones around will enlighten if that is the case.

Anyhoo that's it for now.

JKC :bunnydance:

Hi JKC :)

WELL DONE Great One on a fantastic loss! No wonder you're so chuffed!! You feeling any difference in your clothes yet?

Kik - hope your weigh in goes well - am sure you will do very well!

Loula x x

Hi my name is Brenda I started on the 6th April, I love reading everyones posts and it gets me through when the diet becomes hard going. I have tried LL twice before and never managed to get passed day 3.:cry: On day 8 taking one day at a time.:)
Going to set up my ticker etc tonight.
Love Brenda xx

Got me ticker but can't do the Avatar?

Hi Nanny, and welcome :) Don't think you can do an avatar until you've posted 50 posts (altho someone more in the know pls correct me if I'm wrong!).

I think, if I remeber rightly, you need 20 posts for an Avatar and 50 post to have a bigger signature and to be able to view others albums.

Good luck to all the newbies. It doesn't seem 2 minutes ago since I was writing my first posts. It really will fly by.

Stay 100% abstinent and you WILL see the results that you want.

I have my weigh in tonight and i do not want to go :(!!
My scales at home have jumped up 5.5lbs sinse yesterday making my weight loss crap, now i no that the scales there are different but i feel very down. If i do have a bad loss i no why it'l be because of the medicine and the missed packs but its been a hard week and i wanted a big reward. Arghh!!:mad:

Well never mind i'll be 100% from tomorrow...

Btw does anyone else struggle to have all 4 packs and find them very thick and filling?

Hi Kay - I sometimes struggle to get the final pack down and feel quite full up, so I make my last shake up with loads of ice and eat it with a spoon watching telly :) You need to take all 4 packs daily to get your vitamin allowance, and I think I've read on here that not having all 4 can slow down your weightloss (messes your metabalism up or summat). xx

Back