LL April Starters!

How did u make the burger?? You will find it easier and def in a few days once you lose your appetite. I found the drop in really helpful and very encouraging. It is hard, and especially when others around you are suggesting you should eat but just think how great it will feel in three of four months when you are 3-4 stone lighter and you can sit and have a nice dinner with the added bonus of being healthy and happy. Its going to be a tough few months for us but we can do it! Are there any that you do like?

I though the vanilla shake was ok but havent tried the others, the soup not too good at all but im not fussed on soup anyway and the bars were disgusting but i think i will like the cranberry one so il have to see.

I made the veggie burger by mixing a veg pack with around 80ml of water and mixed it up, added sweetener and popped in the microwave for 30secs at a time untill it was thick and gloopy, let it stand for a minute and then put it on a plate shaping it in a circle, popped under the grill and browned both sides.

If you like the chocolate packs i would recommend making a chocolate bar, just mix up the pack with abit of water to make a paste and spread onto a plate and pop in the freezer for around an hour or however long you want.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest, il keep positive :D
How are you doing in your second week? Is it much easier for you now?

Hiya Kaygill,
I have found the packs to be okay to be honest. I am a firm believer in mind over matter and I think the more you tell yourself that you are not gonna like something then the more you will not like it. Its all about keeping positive in your mind. Tell yourself how great the packs are and you will soon start appreciating them (ish lol) Also your tastes do change whilst doing LL. I started off really not liking the thai soup mix or any of the soups to be honest but after the 3rd week I tried them again and now I like them all. I do add tobasco to the soups and that makes them really spicy.
Also as Hellbelly said....GET A BLENDER! An absoloute must for the milk shakes.
Good luck hun and keep focussed.
xx

Does anyone know if we're allowed 2 porridges in one day? I can make the soups in my hotel room but have no microwave for the porridge.
Only 1 porridge a day, sorry!

Only 1 porridge a day, sorry!

I figured that would be the case! oh bum, I'll have to go back when I get back home and swap some of the porridge packs back. Thanks for replying though, I'm glad I checked first.

I'm another one who was told no bars in the first week :confused: By the way if you don't like the texture of the fruit bars, don't try the lemon ones, they're plasticiney too.

The hunger does subside when you get into ketosis, but I do find it sometimes jumps up and bites me. It's manageable though I think

Hi

Can I join you guys? I've just finished my 1st day:)

I had a vanilla shake with coffee granules for breakfast.

Chicken soup for lunch

Banana Shake for a snack

and chicken soup again for dinner

I've drunk 2litres of sparkling water with fruits of the forest flavouring.

It's been a good first day:p

mmmm that veggie burger sounds nice! I must admit I quite like the packs and have quite a variety, I have a shake for breakfast, soup for lunch & dinner & a bar a night with a cup of tea. Again we were told no bars in the first week, The cranberry is lovely:D

Im just back in from my first social outing - at a friends house girls night in lots of drink & f**d. I told everyone when I arrived I was on LL and they were all really supportive and kept telling me how great I was doing with my water & bar LOL ! I feel quite proud of myself & I make a great taxi driver:p

Hi caramelcherry welcome:wavey:

sounds like youve had a good first day - you seem positive - well done! This is a great place for support.

I'm another one who was told no bars in the first week :confused: By the way if you don't like the texture of the fruit bars, don't try the lemon ones, they're plasticiney too.

The hunger does subside when you get into ketosis, but I do find it sometimes jumps up and bites me. It's manageable though I think
I think we were told no bars for the first 3 days as they are higher carb and delay ketosis. Personally I can't stand any of the bars but have a spare couple of crispy peanut one for emergencies e.g. days away from home.

As time goes on, the "hunger" is more psychological - responses to stress, tiredness, habit, social situations. No less real, but honestly your physical body doesn't need anything but the packs!

Welcome to CaramelCherry - great start!

And Kik - way to go! well done for managing your girls' night in so successfully and honestly - and what great friends too!

Arghh i feel so stupid, im starving, i didnt like the thai soup and the fruit bar is the most revolting thing ive ever tasted what is that crap made out of ? Play Doh?

So far today i had porridge, this was good would of been better if i had a blender. Lunch was the soup which was just not very nice so i had a vanilla shake instead and drank half of it.. it was quite powdery. Got home and made a veggie burger which was actually quite nice but couldn't eat it all as it was sickly..

So here i am hungry and got a headache. Im not usually a fussy eater i just really wanna like the packs :sigh:

Am i gonna fail.. does the hunger go? Do the packs taste better with time lol?:confused:

I wana soldier through these next few days but i feel im gonna struggle.. to top it all of i come home to the smell of lamb in the slow cooker, im dyin here.
It is hard but it does get easier I promise! Your tastes do change over time (I couldn't possibly have the chicken or mushroom to begin with but grew to like them both more than the choc).
Just a word of suggestion - try to stop focussing on f**d, trying to turn the packs into f**d. They are nutrition, medicine, vitamins and minerals. and necessary levels of protein to avoid muscle wastage. The packs are there to keep us healthy (actually by the end of foundation you skin will be radiant as you're probably better- nourished than you've ever been!) LL is a chance to forget about f**d and instead work on whatever issues you have with over-eating/making choices/responding emotionally.
LOL I still have a lot of work to do on this, hence second time lucky!:eek:

Hi Kaygill, do you mean the veggie soup not burger? I hope you do! I found the first day really hard as I didn't like the pacs either. I then got some great advice. GET A BLENDER! I got mine for a fiver in Tesco. A simple hand blender will do and a measuring jug. They taste so much better when this is used as beforehand I just tasted the powder.
Yes totally agree, any cheap stick/hand blender will do, mine was from Argos, came with a jug, v cheap and has served me well! Abstinence doesn't have to be horrible! Make the soups/shakes with love for yourself, add any approved condiments/herbs if it helps, serve them in a pretty bowl or mug or glass, sit down with friends or family at mealtimes. These three months are the beginning of the rest of your life, a pivotal point - enjoy!:D

Welcome Caramel Cherry :) You'll like it here!

Well done to all the weigh-ins - all FANTASTIC losses!

I had my first weigh in last night and lost 9lb - am absolutely thrilled! (Must update ticker when I figure out how to!!).

I've been feeling really good the last couple of days - not hungry at all, focused, motivated! My size 20 jeans that were quite literally cutting off the blood supply to my legs a couple of weeks ago are now a little more comfortable. Still a long way to go tho! I have rooted out my faveourite pair of non-stretch size 18s and am having those as my first target.

Loula x x x

Well done Loula - great loss !!

Ive not got any smaller clothes - Ive been this size for so long now, will have to treat myself to a pair of cheap jeans from Adsa every size !! LOL :D

Thanks Kik :)
Here's to fitting into the smaller jeans soon!
Loula xx

Ive not got any smaller clothes - Ive been this size for so long now, will have to treat myself to a pair of cheap jeans from Adsa every size !! LOL :D

That's absolutely the way to do it - I am finding things only fit me properly for a couple of weeks at most. Being a clothes snob it's hard, but I have to say I bought a really nice pair of jeans from Asda this week!! (I cut the George label out though!!) Really not worth spending much on clothes at all right now :)

:)
That's absolutely the way to do it - I am finding things only fit me properly for a couple of weeks at most. Being a clothes snob it's hard, but I have to say I bought a really nice pair of jeans from Asda this week!! (I cut the George label out though!!) Really not worth spending much on clothes at all right now

Just think Lucy how much you'll be able to splash out on 'posh' clothes once you're at target! Think you've got the right idea not to shell out now on expensive labels when you'll slim out of them in a couple of weeks :)

:)

Just think Lucy how much you'll be able to splash out on 'posh' clothes once you're at target! Think you've got the right idea not to shell out now on expensive labels when you'll slim out of them in a couple of weeks :)
Charity shops are useful too for finding things to wear for a few weeks - donate them back when you're too slim for them!

Back