LL April Starters!

Spannerwanner - interesting that you are losing in dress sizes but not on the scales, I seem to be the opposite. I'm still in size 22s (size 20 is too clingy for my liking) despite having lost over 6 stones. I would really like to come down another dress size soon, it's really annoyed me!

I haven't received a new book or anything new at all actually. I've literally walked in, been weighted, got my packs and gone again. I wasn't even aware that there was supposed to be a new book. I'm a little bit grumpy with it, I have to say - if I'm not getting the counselling why am I paying £66 per week rather than doing CD. I would like to ask the question of my LLC but I don't really have the guts.

WI tomorrow night, but it's TOTM at the moment so i'm prepared for a low loss. mind you, having lost 11lbs in 2 weeks, I think I'm due a lower week, I can't complain really.

Hi Snorks,

I did first night of developers last night (lost 4lb from last week in foundation :D). Anyway we all got a new book, there were 4 of us in the class and we worked on the first exercise and for once I had a lightbulb moment when something clicked.

I think it's appalling that you are not getting the counselling nor the book. Iit might be an idea to raise the issue in email to your LLC if you don't want to do it face to face. That way you can have a think about exactly what you want to say/ask. I do hope you get it resolved as I also would be a bit miffed if I was paying £66 for just the packs.

Good luck...:).

hmmm..you might be right Morticia. I spoke to my LLC tonight and she said that it's always like this in the summer - people are on hols, or looking after the kids, or scared of catching swine flu etc etc. I turned up tonight at 7.15 for a 7.30 start and I was on my way home again at 7.25 having weighed in, grabbed my packs and paid.

I might ask a general question on the forum to see if it's just me. I really can't afford £66 just for the packs. I've still not had a new book - not heard any mention of them, and haven't seen my photos from the beginning and end of foundation witch was over a month ago now.

Anyhoo - 2lbs off for me. Less than I would like but bearing in mind I'd lost a total of 11lbs in the previous 2 weeks and it's been TOTM too, I'm not bothered at all!

well done on getting through foundation Donna! It goes really quickly doesn't it? Hope you're back with your old group soon, but just think you might make lots of new friends!

We've still not had a proper session in developers despite having finished foundation over a month ago. we just turn up, get weighed and then go home, there's no talk, chat, counselling or interaction really. I'm a bit :(:confused: about it because of the amount of money we're paying but not sure what I can do, if anything.

Hi SNorks...I just commented on this on another thread too, but it just occured to me you can always call head office and register your dissatisfaction. SOmetimes they can put a little fire under the LLCs if they are lacking.

You really should be getting your classes. That must be really frustrating. And it is an important time too - during the transition - to keep the fires burining.

I think I would call and have a chat with head office myself....if its been weeks of just picking up packs and no sessions, thats not on.

Good luck.

x

Well, it's 3.5lbs for me this week. Things definitely seem to have slowed over the last few weeks. I suppose it's to be expected as I get smaller, it's still slightly disappointing though..

Another 4 lb this week. :) After 16 weeks we have now officially finished Foundation and there is definately no group for me to go into as I can't make the only Developers group my LLC currently does. :( The rest of my group (well the ones who are still around) are all going into Refreshers, Lighter Life Light or RTM. I have a pop-in arranged for next week to sit down and discuss my options but unless there is another LL place nearby with a handy Saturday group waiting it looks like I will be changing to CD or another diet.

Snorks - you should at least ask for the book. Your LLC may just not have thought about it and be perfectly happy to give you one. I raised the £66 issue today and the line is that the packs cost £66 and the councilling is free. However my LLC also said that they wouldn't be happy me just turning up every week like you do, especially given how much I still have to lose.

Hi everyone, I'm back after a few days in York so missed my Wednesday weighin. By my scales it was 4 lbs but well see what next week brings. I have had a couple of planned meals while away, chicken salads. They were nice. I also had a diet pepsi which to say I used to drink loads off pre ll, I wasn't overly fussed about. Had my packs the rest of the days and have been fully abstinant since Friday so we'll see what happens on the scales.
It's my foundation group last week and we all go our separate ways :(

Donna

Afternoon all! WI was last night but I forgot to update. It's another 3lbs off for me which is fine. Last night, I turned up for WI and it was just me again - weighed in, paid and got my packs and went again. I did ask the LLC if anyone else was coming, she said that she had a foundation class ending soon and that she was looking to get a group going. She also said that there are a couple of others - one is on holiday and the other just can't do Tuesday evenings. I'm rubbish at complaining though so don't know what to do.

I went shopping at the weekend which I didn't particularly enjoy, but then I never do. It seems as though in the last two weeks I've lost dress sizes rather than lots of weight. I'm comfortably in a size 20, and can wear an 18 if I wasn't so self conscious! I bought 2 dresses for a wedding in a month's time - one from Monsoon - I never thought I'd be able to shop in Monsoon. I'm just worried that the dresses won't fit me in 4 weeks - eek!

Well done Snorks - nice and consistent! I've got my WI tomorrow night and I will confess to leaping on the scales last night to see a big fat 0lb loss looking at me. I wouldn't be happy with that - still it's tomorrow that counts

well I lost 8lbs this firtnght so having 2 chicken salads and scrambled egg didn't affect me. It was our last group meeting and there was only 2 of us there. The original 2 who started the first week together. Got my photos back and my what a difference.

Donna

Hi gang,
Haven't been posting much recently but have been reading! After losing the plot for 6 weeks and staying exactly the same weight I have now been back on track for 3 weeks and had a 3lb loss last night. Something has finally CLICKED with this diet and I feel fabulous - committed, looking forward to a healthier future, and really enjoying the class. I weighed in at under 15 stone last night for the first time in 5 years so am thrilled - next goal is to be under 14stone!
You guys have all done so very well - wonder how much weight the April started have lost collectively as a group since we started?! xxx

Good to see you back Loula! Keep at it, you will get there
Week 16 WI tonight saw a 3lbs loss which I am quite happy with.

Well done everyone.

I had another 3lb loss this week, which I'm pleased with. Started RTM tonight and had my first protein meal......hopefully RTM won't be too traumatic. :D

Another 3 lb this week. I am now officially over half way! :D

I had a short chat with the LLC about my options this week and I am definately leaving LL although I really want to come back for RTM. I may also come back into a refreshers group (which is at a time I can do) before that so I may well be back on this thread in a while.

I have been having really severe problems with constipation recently and no amount of fibre, laxatives etc. seems to be helping. If anything it is getting steadily worse so I have decided that I really need to get back to some real food for a while. My body clearly doesn't function very well on a lack of vegetables. I have therefore just ordered a week's worth of food from Weight to Go which is about 850kcals and has some real food as well as shakes and bars. I will probably pop back to LL next week for another week of packs to give me some spares but otherwise I want to try going with a real food diet for about 4-6 weeks to see if my insides return to normal. After that I want to get back to a VLCD which will probably be either CD or an LL refreshers group.

I'll update on this thread again next week and pop back from time to time see how everyone is doing. Good luck with all your future weight loss!

:wave_cry:

Hi all, just checking in after WI. 4lbs off this week so I'm pleased about that. I'm in a bit of a low period at the moment though so feeling a bit down.

SW - I've found that int he last month I've had a lot of problems with constipation and the fact that I'm not drinking enough is playing a major part in it. I've got some movicol here which really gets things moving again for me (softens things up rather than laxative effect) and I'm going to start being really strict about having psyllium husks at least once a day.

Hope you're ok going back to real food for a bit, hope to see you back here again...if you need it!

The good news here is that my LLC has said that there is a new developers group starting next week and I can join in that one so hopefully I'll start getting proper counselling sessions again - fingers crossed. It's been 2 months now since I've sat down with a group and talked about stuff.

Well, a bit of a surprise tonight - 4.5lbs! Am delighted, had hoped I would have a good week after a couple of slower ones and I have! We are moving the day of our developers group to Tuesday so is likely to be a small one then but hopefully a bigger one the week after

Well done everyone, only 2lbs this week for me. Not sure why but maybe not drinking enough so will keep an eye on that. Joined my new developers group on Thursday. There were 6 of and it was very strange not being with my friends. I'll continue with it as hopefully it won't be for very long as in 1 stone 3lbs I'll be off to rtm.

Donna

Byesy - bye

I lost 4 lb on my last LL week so that pleased me. :D I have started my new diet (Weight to Go) and it's pretty good. I plan to stick with it until mid-October as I have an exam in early October and the additional calories will help me through that. After that I'll probably be back on a VLCD although it depends how my weight loss goes in the next few weeks.

Snorks - glad to hear you finally have a group to go to. My constipation can't be water as I drink about 7 litres most days. I do have a suspicion it might be the aspartame :yuk:as I have had a few problems with things like diet drinks in the past. Once I have finished dieting I intend to avoid the bloody stuff for the rest of my life!

I've found this thread really helpful in keeping me motivated so I really wish all of you the best of luck with the remainder of your diets:thankyou: - if I knew how to thank people's comments properly I would do it (I note that someone has thanked me so there must be a way).

Pip! Pip! :wave_cry:

:feedtroll:

Attachments

• DSCN4264.jpg
    DSCN4264.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN4410.jpg
    DSCN4410.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
:confused:I think 7litres a day is too much. be careful.It's important to drink enough.
3-4 litres a day seems to work for most people.
The waterwheel ananlogy is a good one.
Just keep it gently going.

Back