LL---> CD? :( any suggestions?

zadra

hello guys, this is something i posted on cambridge forum earlier, was wondering if any of you had any suggestions:

Hello,

I wasn't quite sure which forum to ask about this, guess I'll give it a go here.

I am currently on my 4th week on Lighter Life diet and I love it, I like group meetings and all the support etc. However being a struggling student (also international/EU one which makes things harder as I can't get student loan) I made some calculations and.. I might not be able to afford it. It is my last year and graduation is in 2-3 months, i simply can't get a job as I spend all days slaving away at university >.<

I definately don't wanna give up on VLCD, so I am thinking about options... one of the would be going on CD. Have any of you swapped? Is it any harder? I would definately miss group counselling , nonetheless.. can't argue with my bank account :(

I would love to hear from you, ANY suggestions and advice is welcome..:(

Dancing has swapped - but I think she is swapping back to do RTM once she's lost the weight she wants to lose. Its certainly cheaper to do CD, but PERSONALLY I have found the counselling invaluable and (being on RTM Week 3) I think RTM is essential to re-educating yourself for life.

Have a chat with Dancing though......I'm sure she'd be happy to help!

Hi Zadra
I did 11 weeks LL then changed to CD for the last 9 weeks. I made the move for more variety in foodpacks as I couldn't stomach the old LL bars. As I'm tall I paid £50 pw for cambridge so not much cheaper. I moved direct from one to the other and so didn't come out of ketosis. I thought LL was great altho our counselling wasn't really too good. CD deffo doesn't have the same level of support. However, I was at the end of the counselling part of LL anyway so was ready to change over.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have...and good luck with whatever you decide!

thanks for the replies guys! Personally I would much rather to stay on LL for the counselling as it's actually fun.

Frejja: how do you mean when you say you paid £50pw coz you are tall? o_O

Dancing :thank you for detailed information <3
For some reason I really enjoy my Ll group, even thought the things they say are not exactly new to me. I am pretty sure I would stick to diet even without counsellor at all, but that is not the point. I thought it over,and I think I will at least finish off foundation (one lady who is few weeks ahead got a ball and exercise dvd with the funny guy, i want it! lol) and then see how I am with finances. Like I said, the decision is up to my bank account really lol
Thank you for all the help though guys, you are the best

Back