LL/Ebay on Radio One

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone mentioned we are all adults and can sell and buy as we like.

If I were to sell on ebay I would consider this: The packs sell for far more on there, than I sell them for at my one to one meetings with clients, so why would anyone want to spend more with a total stranger who is just out to gain financially from selling, rather than buying more cheaply from a trained counsellor who wants to help them?????

Perhaps because most people who buy products from ebay are in some way contraindicated.

My conscience would stop me, I could be selling to someone who is severely depressed, pregnant, suffering serious heart conitions, the list is endless.

Maybe it's a case of ebay being impersonal, after all if someone were to suffer due to reckless use of a diet product, the seller on ebay would never know would they.

Let your conscience be your guide.

Tracey

Tracey

I hear what you are saying BUT you would be against it as it is taking business away from you. We are all adults. We all know what needs to be done and what precautions should be taken - is life not about choices? I was not "out to gain financially" I was prepared to accept less than I had paid for the packs! I did not see the point of just throwing them away - I cant afford to throw away £330! I recouped that money back.

If they are contraindicated or suffer from any other health problem then surely they would know that and know the risks involved - again their choice. I don't know how much training nor what sort of training CDC have to go through to become qualified Counsellors. How long does it take?

My conscience is clear.

But Tracey how would you know?

Exactly my point!!!!!!!!

You don't know who you are selling too, it could be someone taking Lithium and consequences could be disasterous.

But people don't seem to care, they are making money and they will never know the consequences of their actions.

I thought I'd made my point clear that I feel it's wrong to sell LL or CD on ebay:confused:

Tracey

Tracey

I hear what you are saying BUT you would be against it as it is taking business away from you. We are all adults. We all know what needs to be done and what precautions should be taken - is life not about choices? I was not "out to gain financially" I was prepared to accept less than I had paid for the packs! I did not see the point of just throwing them away - I cant afford to throw away £330! I recouped that money back.

You should think before you type!

You are in no way taking business from me or any other CD counsellor or LL Counsellor, as I said in last most, most people who buy from ebay are CONTRAINDICATED, perhaps you don't undersand what that means:confused: But if they are, then we couldn't counsel them anyway, so no monetary loss there.

Why did you buy £330 of LL products if you weren't going to use them.

If they are contraindicated or suffer from any other health problem then surely they would know that and know the risks involved - again their choice. I don't know how much training nor what sort of training CDC have to go through to become qualified Counsellors. How long does it take?

You obviously don't know much, that's a true comment! It is their choice, but people do stupid things out of desperation, also how are they going to know full effects just by you putting at the endx of your listing " should consult a doctor"

My conscience is clear.

Well that's ok then:rolleyes:

Through your stupidity someone could become extremely ill, but as long as your conscience is clear, that's fine.

For everyone else reading this post, I apologise if I offend, I have been posting on Mins for over a year and have never posted anything other than encouraging posts to people.

But I can not encourage this sort of negligent behaviour!

Tracey

Each to their own and yes I do know what contraindicated means actually.
Before embarking on CDC I presume your clients also have to be signed off by their Dr or how would you know their medical history.
Please tell me, just how much training did you have before you became a CDC.
I can assure you Tracey I am far far from being stupid.
Well done on the weight loss by the way and maintaining for so long

Each to their own and yes I do know what contraindicated means actually.
Before embarking on CDC I presume your clients also have to be signed off by their Dr or how would you know their medical history.
Please tell me, just how much training did you have before you became a CDC.
I can assure you Tracey I am far far from being stupid.

How reassuring that someone intelligent is selling LL packs on ebay, I feel so much better now.

Well done on the weight loss by the way and maintaining for so long

Backhanded compliment I feel:D

If you are not doing anything wrong, why so defensive?

Cd clients have to fill out a medical record form and if they are on certain medications or have particular medical conditions then their GP has to either give consent to them starting the diet and in most cases has to be actively involved in their weight loss, i.e givng BP checks, blood tests etc.

As for training, no we are not medically trained, we are trained to counsel our clients to use the CD product correctly, that is safely.

Tracey

Backhanded compliment I feel:D

If you are not doing anything wrong, why so defensive?

Cd clients have to fill out a medical record form and if they are on certain medications or have particular medical conditions then their GP has to either give consent to them starting the diet and in most cases has to be actively involved in their weight loss, i.e givng BP checks, blood tests etc.

As for training, no we are not medically trained, we are trained to counsel our clients to use the CD product correctly, that is safely.

Tracey

Not a backhanded compliment at all Tracey - I really did mean well done - I know it's not easy.

It's not a case of being defensive - I do not have lots of spare cash and could not afford to just throw away £330 worth of food. The reason I had them was was going on holiday to Barbados but the group actually started 2 weeks before I went away. I had to join on the first week. I was told I could not join the group after week 3 so I had to join week 1 and pay for the "missed" weeks plus the final week! I have now stopped LL and had all the packs left over.

Tracey unless clients declare it, how do you know what medication they are on or what medical conditions they have - I am not having a go I am just saying if you just rely on what the client tells you and if they say there is absolutely no reason why they cannot do the plan - do you follow that up by writing to their Dr?

BP checks can be done free of charge at a local pharmacy - do your clients show you the results? As far as blood tests are concerned, how do you actually know they go for them? Again do you see the results?

I guessed you would not be medically trained Tracey basically no need to be. Had a quick look on CD website and, please correct me if I am wrong, but training is initially given by the CDC who was your counsellor and followed up by an intensive one day training course.

Perhaps the answer would be for LL/CD to buy back unused packs?

Under our Code of Conduct, we are obliged to buy back unused packs within a 14-day period. I always buy unused packs back which are in good condition if clients don't need them anymore (provided they are still within the sell-by date) at the price I sold them for.

I would also swop packs if a client wishes without any quibble at all.

Oh dear girls I do love a good debate but this seems to be going round in circles.:eek:

Round 1 over and out:D

Not a backhanded compliment at all Tracey - I really did mean well done - I know it's not easy.

Then I thank you :D

It's not a case of being defensive - I do not have lots of spare cash and could not afford to just throw away £330 worth of food. The reason I had them was was going on holiday to Barbados but the group actually started 2 weeks before I went away. I had to join on the first week. I was told I could not join the group after week 3 so I had to join week 1 and pay for the "missed" weeks plus the final week! I have now stopped LL and had all the packs left over.

Barbados couldn't have been cheap!

Tracey unless clients declare it, how do you know what medication they are on or what medical conditions they have - I am not having a go I am just saying if you just rely on what the client tells you and if they say there is absolutely no reason why they cannot do the plan - do you follow that up by writing to their Dr?

This is true, we do not know if our customers are telling the truth when filling out forms.

CD rules now state that ANYONE who is embarking on the Sole Source programme has to have a letter sent by their CDC to their GP telling them of the diet. So even if the customer does not tell all about their health, their GP would soon alert me if they diabetic for instance.

However, I see my customers weekly and check on progress, i.e how they are feeling, how much weight they are losing etc.

How often would you see your ebay customer?

BP checks can be done free of charge at a local pharmacy - do your clients show you the results? As far as blood tests are concerned, how do you actually know they go for them? Again do you see the results?

I guessed you would not be medically trained Tracey basically no need to be. Had a quick look on CD website and, please correct me if I am wrong, but training is initially given by the CDC who was your counsellor and followed up by an intensive one day training course.[/quote]

I have now answered many of your questions, so I will ask you one thing.

If you sold your LL products to someone and you became aware that they had become ill as a direct result of you doing this, would that prick your conscience?

Tracey

hang on a Miniute mini I havnt rang the bell for round 2 yet:D

OK I have rang it now:p

Then I thank you :D

Barbados couldn't have been cheap!

That is really none of your business and nothing to do with what we are discussing to be honest but just for the record, it was not as much as you think - we stayed in a friends apartment.

This is true, we do not know if our customers are telling the truth when filling out forms.

CD rules now state that ANYONE who is embarking on the Sole Source programme has to have a letter sent by their CDC to their GP telling them of the diet. So even if the customer does not tell all about their health, their GP would soon alert me if they diabetic for instance.

Hmm - would that not be against Data Protection and all that??? Feel sure Drs would not be allowed to alert you.

However, I see my customers weekly and check on progress, i.e how they are feeling, how much weight they are losing etc.

How often would you see your ebay customer?

Never. But as they are adults I am sure they are able to decide for themselves what is best for them just like your clients could lie to you.

I guessed you would not be medically trained Tracey basically no need to be. Had a quick look on CD website and, please correct me if I am wrong, but training is initially given by the CDC who was your counsellor and followed up by an intensive one day training course.[/quote]

I have now answered many of your questions, so I will ask you one thing.

If you sold your LL products to someone and you became aware that they had become ill as a direct result of you doing this, would that prick your conscience?

Of course it would.

Tracey

We are getting nowhere here - let's just agree to disagree. We are all entitled to our own opinion (even if yours are wrong - only kidding it's a joke ;))

xxxx

hang on a Miniute mini I havnt rang the bell for round 2 yet:D

OK I have rang it now:p

:D:D:D I could keep going all night!!!!! Hang around though Ladylite, I think we need an adjudicator, there have been a couple of low blows already:p

I'm not normally as aggressive as this (honestly I'm quite nice really;)) but I feel very strongly about this subject.

Tracey

:D:D:D I could keep going all night!!!!! Hang around though Ladylite, I think we need an adjudicator, there have been a couple of low blows already:p

I'm not normally as aggressive as this (honestly I'm quite nice really;)) but I feel very strongly about this subject.

Tracey

I don't feel you have been aggressive at all - nothing like a good debate. What a boring world it would be if everyone agreed on everything.

Low blows on boths sides I would say ;)

Off home now

xxxx

Last edited:

I guessed you would not be medically trained Tracey basically no need to be. Had a quick look on CD website and, please correct me if I am wrong, but training is initially given by the CDC who was your counsellor and followed up by an intensive one day training course.

I can only speak for CD. Under DSA rules you can receive money back or exchange within 14 days of purchase. I only supply customers with the amount of product they need and monitor it closely. I know of no CDC who would expect you to pay for weeks you did not need.

All our packs are batch coded and can be traced back to their individual counsellor so if clients are stockpiling and then sell on Ebay they are actually risking the livlihood of their counsellor without even realising it.

Approximately 18 counsellors have been terminated during the last year as their stock has appeared on Ebay.

As from 1st Feb every client wishing to SS will have to give permission for the CDC to write to their GP advising them that they are following a VLCD. Up until now we have had to accept what the client tells us and they sign their medical record form confirming the information given is correct.

Re training we have initially a 2 day training followed by various modules including a medical one (specific to CD usage) followed up with advanced training in certain things, ie. Diabetes for those who wish to do this. New counsellors are also supported by their mentors.

We are supported by a Medical Department headed up by one the top endocrinologists in the UK (who is also a GP).

CD follow all government recommendations relating to VLCD's and comply with COMA and NICE.

I sold some CD and LL packs I had (given to me by a colleague who knows I am on CD - sadly they were mostly flavours I don't like) and made a ridiculous amount for 16 packs. I have no qualms about this whatsoever - I need the money. I explained how it works and the need to see a doctor on my listing, if people choose to ignore it, on their heads be it.
I can't be, or feel responsible for people I don't know, they're adults and make their own choices. I'd do it again if I had packs to get rid of with nothing on my conscience whatsoever. We could go to town on selling people products that might harm them, what about all the diet pills being sold, dodgy electrical equipment and the rest of the millions of items currently being listed on Ebay? Ebay works on the premise that you can sell what you don't want onto people who do want it - end of.
There are far too many other concerns in my life to be worrying about what happened to the woman I sold my packs to.

MM x

We are getting nowhere here - let's just agree to disagree. We are all entitled to our own opinion (even if yours are wrong - only kidding it's a joke ;))

xxxx

You have avoided my question, perhaps you don't wish to answer? I think you are not as intelligent as you profess!

Maybe if you had answered the one and only thing I've asked you, I'd have more respect for you. Afterall I answered several of your questions.

If you wish to leave this debate here, that's fine with me.

My conscience will always be clear, I know I do what I do to help other people. Can you say the same?

Tracey

Tracey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back