LL/Ebay on Radio One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sold some CD and LL packs I had (given to me by a colleague who knows I am on CD - sadly they were mostly flavours I don't like) and made a ridiculous amount for 16 packs. I have no qualms about this whatsoever - I need the money. I explained how it works and the need to see a doctor on my listing, if people choose to ignore it, on their heads be it.
I can't be, or feel responsible for people I don't know, they're adults and make their own choices. I'd do it again if I had packs to get rid of with nothing on my conscience whatsoever. We could go to town on selling people products that might harm them, what about all the diet pills being sold, dodgy electrical equipment and the rest of the millions of items currently being listed on Ebay? Ebay works on the premise that you can sell what you don't want onto people who do want it - end of.
There are far too many other concerns in my life to be worrying about what happened to the woman I sold my packs to.

MM x

I have a lot of concerns in my life too! Dosen't stop me being considerate to others though!!!

Tracey

Wonder how many weight watcher dieters would stick up for their diet regimes quite as fiercely as those on CD and LL? :)

Quite a few I suspect :) I know I would if I felt someone was doing something that was either against WW ethics or was potentailly harmful to someone starting the diet.

I think whatever diet we're on, if its successful we get fiercely protective over it.

hey, am just adding my two cents worth as someone who has bought and used LL packs from ebay.
I spend the same amount on the packs on ebay that i would have if id attended a LLC, and that includes postage. however, i was actually saving money as the nearest LLC to me is a 2hour drive away (so 4 hours for entire journey) and i couldnt afford the time or the petrol to do this. i wasnt contraindicated, i discussed the diet with my doctor before i started and she was fine with it. i was made aware of the issues concerned with doing LL and i regularly consulted the LL website to ensure i was following the diet correctly and not endangering myself. i eventually swapped to CD for monetary reasons and also bought CD packs briefly on ebay (as i didnt think there was any CD counsellors in northern ireland) and then i found our very own debz on minis who is now my CDC.
i suppose what im saying is that i dont disagree with people selling LL/CD packs on ebay but i hope that those people who are buying them take the same sensible route to using them that i have.
i know some people wont take this approach, but i dont have the right to sit here and judge them. theyre adults and theyre entitled to make their own decisions, and even though i may disagree with their decisions, im sure that they would disagree with some of the decisions ive made as an adult!

theyre adults and theyre entitled to make their own decisions, and even though i may disagree with their decisions, im sure that they would disagree with some of the decisions ive made as an adult!

Hopefully, they are adults, and some teen with a Kate Moss obsession and an eating disorder.....;)

I would just like to say, that if the whole of this thread has been read, then you would see that my original post just stated my feelings and my opinion to selling CD or LL on Ebay. It was not posted with a quote or to anyone in particular.

I then had a post written to me personally, questioning my opinion and my reasons for this opinion.

I was told in that post that the only reason I was bothered was that it was taking business away from me. This in my opinion was a personal attack, and far from the truth, so I have carried on this debate.

I answered a whole lot of questions put to me to try and trip me up, I answered all of them honestly.

I asked one question, this got ignored and I was told to let it rest as neither of us would agree on the topic. How convenient;)

Tracey

minilady I'm pleased to hear that some CDCs take packs back - I've had a counsellor who would not. So I guess there are some out there who aren't as morally sound, I guess.

hope nothing I wrote was taken as a personal attack on you - all general comments

You posted your honest opinions too:) Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I honestly wasn't upset by anything you said:):):)

Minnie64 is entitled to her opinions too, what has upset me is that by trying to prove her point she tried to undermine my character. Her tactic was to defend herself by attacking me. However when the tables were turned and I asked a question, it was ignored.

I think I need a chill pill now:p

Tracey
x

I feel that both sides of the argument have now be well and truly aired so I am closing the thread until I have had time to discuss whether or not to reopen with Admin.

This was always going to be a heated debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back