LL January Starters

Well I just got back from my weigh in. First things first....

Spannerwanner, I too have also had to ask my LLC to keep my weight from me. It is totally a decision that benefits those of us who are too hard on ourselves!!!

I think that if this is the way that helps you to remain focused then go for it. It certainly helps for me!! ;)

Monkerella, 1st week is always tough because you have the doubts over whether you can do it and you never really know if it'll work for you etc... but you just wait until tomorrow. That weigh in will give you a real lift. Stick with it hun. It seems your head is in a good place :D

And so what with me and my weigh in!? I lost 9lb. Thought I would lose more than that to be honest, but that is just me expecting too much of myself!! :rolleyes: Hey, ho!

Bekimo that is amazing!! well done you, you've done sooooo well this week its literally dropping off you! xx

Excellent Beki, 9lbs off wow, what a star. Hope I am as lucky tomorrow night.

Becky hope your weigh in has brought you lots of woopeee's!!

Glad to hear yor a lot happier today Emily, just wait until your weigh in, that will cheer you up no end!!

Pete so glad to hear you'll feeling so much better today too,amazing how we are all so pleased with the minging breath eh!

Hi Spannerwanner, welcome to January Starters, your spirits will be lifted real soon!

Hope your 1st day has gone well Rich, and good luck on your 1st day tomorrow Dramaqueen.

Janey xx

Bekimo that is amazing!! well done you, you've done sooooo well this week its literally dropping off you! xx

Thank u muchly. I am hoping it continues!

By the way, I'm munching my way through a nut fudge bar. Oh my god. Its amazing!! I am so glad they brought this in! Best bar by far!

Hey everyone!

Well done to those who's weigh in was today! :)

First day's gone really well, had a bit of a disaster with the porridge it was more like dishwater with floaty bit's, im sure i'll get the hang of it hehe! drank about 4.5litres of water too! I cant wait to try my fudge bar on day 4 ha!

Loved the Thai soup!!

Rich x

Excellent Beki, 9lbs off wow, what a star. Hope I am as lucky tomorrow night.

Becky hope your weigh in has brought you lots of woopeee's!!

Oh I have been quite happy indeed!!! I am sure tomorrow night will be good for you too Janey!!

Hey everyone!

Well done to those who's weigh in was today! :)

First day's gone really well, had a bit of a disaster with the porridge it was more like dishwater with floaty bit's, im sure i'll get the hang of it hehe! drank about 4.5litres of water too! I cant wait to try my fudge bar on day 4 ha!

Loved the Thai soup!!

Rich x

Fudge Bar FTW!!! Don't go mad with the water in the porridge!!! It does make a difference as I discovered when I went a bit mental with it the other day!!! But if you leave it to stand for a couple minutes then it should thicken a bit!!!

:happy036:
Becky - 9lbs is fantastic. Well done you.
You're off!
Pete - beware the snow!I hope you've got all your packs. Don't fall into the toast trap!
Monkerella - you've got a great attitude there and some really good incentives too.

One of the great things about achieving slimness is being able to fit into bus/train /aircraft ( hopefully!) seats
without spilling over and to not see the look of panic on someone's face when they know they've got to sit next to you.
You'll have to get used to not always putting your stuff on the empty seat next to you. People might want to sit next to you!
Good luck everyone xx

Morning all,

Bekimo - 9LBS fantastic. You go girl!

Pete - made me laugh so much about your smelly breath. Nice! Can't wait for that, not.

Janey - Good luck tonight, can't wait to hear how much you've lost.

Rich - How you doing today?

Monkerella - good luck tonight.

Welcome Spannerwanner, hello!

Tonight is the night. I have waited three long months to start and I can't wait. I just want to start feeling good again instead of cringing everytime i look in the mirror.

I just wish it would stop snowing so I would not be housebound.

Drama xxxx

Rich, good to hear your 1st day went well, with the porridge I put 230mls boiling water in a jug,add porridge and whizz in blender for 20secs, put it in a bowl and microwave for 30secs, stir then another 30 secs comes out really creamy if you let it stand for few minutes.
Good Luck for tonight Emily.
Janey xx

Last edited:
Jan 2009 Starters

Hi All,

Sorry haven't checked in recently, I have been really busy with work - which has helped get over my terrible weekend and hunger pangs!!

I went for goup on Monday (as they changed my class from weds to mon eve after 1st wk) and only lost 1lb - was in ketosis though, but got my period the same day. LLC reassured me this was normal and to pop in on Thurs (tomorrow) eve. I have not added anything I shouldn't have and have been enjoying the porridge / cranberry bars / milkshakes - not that keen on the soups.

So fingers crossed that I see a weight loss on Thurs eve as I was really deflated as rest of group lost from 3 to 7lb after 5 days :cry:

Also I have a dilemma, I have won a weekend away this Fri to Sat from my company, which includes match tickets in our executive box, dinner by top chef, 5 star hotel etc. As you can imagine my Husband cannot wait but I am dreading it as I will be breaking my SS .... what I am most worried about is telling my LLC!

I have debated with myself about just taking my packs etc, but I will never get an opportunity to have an all paid star weekend away just Hubby and me again ... unless I win the lotto lol:eek:

Good luck tonight Janey!

Hi everyone!!

Everyone is doing so well and fantastic losses!! Well done Becky!!!

Was just feeling a bit peckish and hadn't had anything, so made my banana porridge (so hooked on that!), and then had a bar, feel stuffed now lol !!

I can't advise on the weekend away, it's a hard decision to make, some would say that you need to stay in abstinence, others would say 'sod it' it's a fantastic opportunity. As long as your conscience can deal with it, do what you feel is best for you.

If you feel you have to eat, then try to be healthy and make a firm committment to get straight back on the shakes after the weekend.

*please don't shoot me down in flames anyone *

Marine i feel really bad for you and have to admit i don't know what i would do, as you say it's a fab opportunity, i put a post up recently about 'cheating' and got some great advice. I'am sure you will have a fab time whatever you decide.

I have a dilemma, I have won a weekend away this Fri to Sat from my company, which includes match tickets in our executive box, dinner by top chef, 5 star hotel etc. As you can imagine my Husband cannot wait but I am dreading it as I will be breaking my SS .... what I am most worried about is telling my LLC!

I have debated with myself about just taking my packs etc, but I will never get an opportunity to have an all paid star weekend away just Hubby and me again ... unless I win the lotto lol:eek:

Good luck tonight Janey!

That's a tough one, the sensible "adult" headed thing to do would be to stay in abstinance (and as someone who has messed up SO many times from having a "special weekend" away I really would avise it), as after all it's 'only food' and you don't need it to enjoy the weekend when the focus is spending time alone with your hubby. HOWEVER as you say it's a once-in-a-very-blue-moon oppotunity and the 5* chef meal would be (I'm sure) fantastically good.

As karmawitch said, if you do decide to have the meal then make yourself the commitment that you will be back in abstinance straight afterwards, and if possible have your packs for all meals except that special 5* chef one to minimise the damage, but even if you do so you'll have to accept that you might not lose anything at you next WI and depending on what you have to eat you might even gain a few lbs due to water retention etc.

Whatever you decide I hope you have a lovely time :)

Hi Guys! Day 2 has been fab again for me! Drank loads of water! and just had my first chilli con carni food pack! ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!! I had a little headache early on today but it seem's to have gone!

Hope your all ok!

Rich

Good luck to all January starters and well done to those who have had their first weigh-ins. To those of you who are struggling, please stick with it, I found it got easier and the more weight you lose the more incentive it is to keep going. :D

Hi All,

Just had my week 1 weigh in and I lost 3.7lbs, which I am absolutely devastated about, my LLC said that my Ketostick was the lightest of the group so she is more than happy that I am doing everything right. She basically explained it that from my weigh in on the info evening to last wednesday and I had lost 7lbs before I had started the diet as I had been so ill with a Chest Infection and then from last wednesday to today I had lost 3.7lbs.

She said that while I was ill and not eating that I would have used all my glycogen stores which was the week 7 loss so in theory this weeks 3.7 was my week 2. That does make sense but I just feel gutted as I haven't had the buzz and the excitment that all the other girls in my group had some losing 10-12 lbs. :(

However weirdly I still feel really motivated, I have just come home and had a chicken soup - my first one which was yummers and I have bought some of the Orange and Lemon drink mix which is delish too and I am about to have my peanut bar!

I think I'm more disappointed that she hadn't had any of the fudge bars in!!

Well on to week 2 I go....

Thanks for the support so far guys, this forum has been a godsend xxxx

Well done Monkerella

What she said makes sense -
Add the 2 weeks together 10.5 lbs - well on the way to the first stone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fandabeedozeee xxxx

Emily, I understand how dissappointed you must feel but look at the positives, you've lost 10 1/2lb in total whichever way you look at it, thats only 3 1/2lbs short of a stone!! Well done madam!
Forget about this weeks weighin move on, looking forward to next wk when I'm sure you'll feel better at the group as you'll all probably be similar losses.
Chin up.
Janey xx

Back