LL January Starters

Woohoo, its official, had my mid week weigh and im 12 lbs down and in full ketosis (checked with on of those ketostix). My aim is to lose another 2 pounds by monday night which will be my 1st week over and hopefully 1 stone down.:) Keep up the good work guys, first few days were really hard for me but each on got easier.

welcome to all you 'new' ones, I'm loving reading this thread, it's helping me on my last stretch of this now!

Well done Karma on a great first week WI, 8lbs is great. Good luck for the rest of you, most of you will be in ketosis soon and then it's plain sailing... well expect for that brain of ours, wish that wasn't so loud right now! x

Hi Pete, great to see you back, your taking the right action, I too am returning, had a go last year as a returner but didn't put my all into it, returning now to take care of this burden once and for all!!!
Look forward to accompanying you on our journey.

Janey xx

Day 4 and have woken up today feeling dreadful, no get up and go at all just want to curl up again in bed!! Positive thoughts needed to remind me that this will pass,will do a stick test tomorrow so fingers crossed will show i'm in ketosis!
Have a good day everybody.

Janey xx

Morning Janey, what's wrong? Do you feel rough with diet or coming down with something?

I am still hungry tested yesterday and light pink, so that means I'm in ketosis right? Or should it be darker?

Do you think a splash of skimmed milk in my tea would harm ketosis .... ?

Have a good day everybody.:)

Morning Janey, what's wrong? Do you feel rough with diet or coming down with something?

I am still hungry tested yesterday and light pink, so that means I'm in ketosis right? Or should it be darker?

Do you think a splash of skimmed milk in my tea would harm ketosis .... ?

Have a good day everybody.:)
Hi, dont think it would be a good idea to have any milk in your tea, especially if your ketostix is only pale pink. It probably wouldnt take you out of ketosis but i think it would slow you fat burning down? You may also get into the mindset that if you can get away with a splash of milk you might be able to get away with other things later on down the line??

Just my thoughts but I might be wrong, hoped this helped and good luck. x

Good luck to all you January starters. :party0019:

I started at the beginning of November and have to say that for the most part it has been pretty easy going.

My tips are: -

Break you weight loss goal into small targets. I look at a stone at a time but every meeting means I am near to losing another half a stone. It really keeps me motivated.

A tip someone else gave me was to make a note of all the half-stones you have to lose and cross then off as you lose them.

Treat yourself when you hit your goals, little non-food treats obviously :). I have some new ear-rings and posh new filofax thanks to my weight loss.

If, and it's a big if, you fall off the wagon, don't panic or beat yourself up, just start again the very next day. This is about changing your habits for life so there are bound to be a few trips along the way.

Some days are easier than others so fight to get through the tough days, you will be so proud of yourself when you do.

Thank you for your tips Phoenix.
Janey are you feeling better today?

This cold weather really does not help. I have just ordered an electric blanket! Have a good day everybody.
Drama x

Don't think i am coming down with anything, think its purely the rough time before ketosis!!
Trying to wish today away,I know from last time that day 4 was my worst day, going to have my porridge now and wrap up in my blanket.
good luck to all for today.
Janey xx

Morning Guys

Really looking forward to going to my 1st lighterlife meeting tomorrow to get all my food pack's etc, have been drinking quite a bit of water to try and get me used to it! also tried to buy some ketostix from boot's yesturday and they refused to sell them to me as i am not diabetic? :-( also what's the best mouth spray you guy's use! can't have bad breath! when im out on the town haha!!

Rich x

Good luck Richard

Your LLC should do the ketostix test when you go for WI every week.

Hi Richard, i just picked up the stix from a local chemist no questions asked, i tested yesterday (day 2) and only small traces, it was very slightly pink now day 3 it is def pink! I personally have found this very encouraging and make me think things are going in the right direction! Good luck

Just to let you guys know, the darker the ketostix is not better. It needs to be somewhere in the middle. The reason being is that if it too dark it means that you are dehydrated. You will also find that if you do it at home first thing in the morning it will always be darker as there will be a build up of ketones through the night.

Well done everyone who has had their pop in/weigh in. That's a brilliant start.

Marnie, please do not add anything that you're not allowed. It WILL knock you out of ketosis so please do not do it. Plus, if you do decided to have it, it WILL lead to other things, especially if it does not impact on your loss. You will start to think 'i got away with that maybe I can have this or that'. DON'T DO IT!!!!

So I am on day 10 now and am finding it suprisingley easy. It has been hard to try and get to the gym with the weather but I haven't been too hard on myself because I just thought that, well I am in ketosis so I don't really need to go. I have't had a WI yet as last weeks was cancelled due to the snow. Hopefully this weeks should be ok. I have weighed myself at home and the scales are showing 7lbs so I am really pleased. Can't wait to see what the official scales say.

We can all do it, even those who have done it before, which includes me. So if I can do it, anyone can. Good luck to everyone still to WI x x

Hello January's!

Well I can happily say that I have hit ketosis today - have got that lovely not-hungry feeling at last! Have only had one pack so far today - must sign off soon and have my 2nd!

My skin is looking better (all the water) and the dry patches on my knees and elbows which won't shift with any amount of moisturiser are clearing up already, just as they did last time on LL.

I love this diet!

Hope all those who are just starting stick with it thru those first few days - it is so worth it!

Lou xx

Less with the "stupid" lady! We all have our bad moments. Important thing is that you have stopped now before all the weigh went back on. Some of us. Not that clever! :rolleyes:
LLC told me the price increase was due to VAT. I find it amusing that I get taxed for losing weight. I suppose if I was a different kind of person it would anger me, but I find it less stressful to laugh at the stupidity of Parliament people. We are in fact ruled by Apes!

Aww good lucky Twinny!

...and owww first headache :(

Hi Twinny, welcome to the forum. I too started this week (on Tuesday) so just completed day 4! How did you find the Chilli con carne pack. I think it looks awful but actually tastes OK! lol

Welcome Twinny. I am in the same boat as you. Lost 8 stonbe and have piled it back on. My excuse was that I have just had a baby but to be honest I have put more weight on since I had the baby. You can see yourself doing it and you know you are gonna have to pay the price! So here we are!!! Good luck. You can do it

DQ xxxx

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind, encouraging words everyone. Am on day 7 now but dont get my first official weigh in until Wednesday, although I may weigh myself tomorrow morning just to see how I'm getting on after my first week.

Sugarlump I agree with you about the chilli - looks awful but doesn't taste too bad... might have it as an odd one now and again but I still love my porridge and banana and vanilla milkshakes. LOVE LOVE LOVE the new fudge chocolate bar though. WOW

Good luck everyone - onwards and 'downwards' :D

Hi everyone, well thank goodness thats me in ketosis today, lovely pink stick, but not so nice stinky breath!!!

How is everybody else today? I hope all who are on wk1 are over that first hurdle[ into ketosis] and to others who start this week, good luck, this is a really exciting time for you.

Janey xx

Hi Janey i am on day 4 and have to say it's got easier, i feel like my brain is a bit fluffy and i don't have my normail concentration levels but thats it. Good luck to you too.

Back