LL January Starters

Twinny. You've had one slip up. Why does that mean you should give up?
Don't wait until tomorrow to 'start again'. Get your head back on track now and put it behind you. Learn from it.
You can do this.

I'm sensing the new bars may be a bit too much temptation for a lot of people!

You could be right Rachel, that's why I avoided the bars - too tempting for me........:cry:

Well done on your losses everyone :clap:

I went for a pop in on Saturday and picked up 2 weeks worth of packs. My first 'official' weigh in / class was supposed to be Weds night (even though I actually started on the 4th Jan) but the snow put paid to that! Apart from not drinking anywhere near enough I was doing really well ..........until tonight.

4 bars..I just ate 4 of the fudge bars! What the hell is WRONG with me???? I might as well just give up :break_diet:

Awww Twinny, sending you hugs sounds like you need them.

Ok well its done, you can't do anything about it now - perhaps try and recognise what it was that made you have them and see if there are any triggers that you could address.

Please don't give up sweetie, tomorrow is a new day.

E xx

Thanks so much everyone - I think I just need a good kick up the a*rse :asskick:to be honest. Im feeling sorry for myself and deprived rather than positive. Its my choice to be on this programme no one is forcing me...

One things for sure - I wont be getting anymore of those fudge bars! They are just too nice.

Thanks for the support its good to know you are all here and we are doing this together.

Hey All

Hiya All,

Hope you don't me joining you, I started LL this time last year and lost 4 stones, but after having been on it 100% for 12 weeks I decided to test myself and ate - all went down hill from there and I couldn't get into it - lesson learnt and I've come back to join you all (back to my original weight).

I'm on day 2 now and enjoying not having to think about cooking/shopping etc.

Just thought I'd say a quick hello to you all and hope to get to know you all and support you in the coming months.

Louale x

Hiya,
Haven't been on for a while and forgotten how to change my goals - New Year, New goals - could someone please remind me how I can remove my old goals so that I can set myself new ones.

Thanks,
Louale x

Hi Loule, Welcome to Jan starters, I am in the same position as you, lost 4st and a bit and have put it all back on!!
Good you've been able to get back into the mindset that gives you the determination to say enough is enough!!
You'll be on day 3 by time you read this so have a good day,keep glugging and stay positive.

Good Luck to everybody for a great day,
Janey xx

p.s. Regarding change goals,if its on your signature then go to user cp up on left hand side at top of page, scroll down to edit signature and change it in the bottom box and press save signature. [I THINK!! ]

@ Twinny : eating a few extra bars is no cause for giving up! And the fact that you stuck to the LL bars and didn't raid the fridge for "real" f**d is good too, as even with 4 bars you're not to going to be have hit anywhere near your calorific needs for the day, and even the few extra carbs shouldn't throw you out of Keto completely. Keep going, LL is a learning process and as long as we learn from our mistakes they are worth making! But do try to identify *why* you did that; it can be hard as often the first answers we go to are the "I don't know/I just wanted them" kind, when actually if you dig deep and think about how you are feeling it is much more likely to be along the lines of "I felt deprived/I had a good loss and wanted a reward/I was bored-tired-lonely-upset-angry-stressed about something" and then you can start to understand how the relationship between a feeling (in my case primarily boredom) and eating comes about (it's something easy to do instead of finding something contructive/worthwhile) and from that point you can start to figure out how to deal with the cause in a different way (taking up new hobbies cured a lot of my boredom) and when your hands+brain are busy, you forget all about f**d! :)

@ DQ : you can take paracetamol but only the uncoated versions, althought I have heard several people say that it doesn't really help, mainly because the "carb withdrawl" headache is not like a typical headache. Be strong, it will be gone very soon!

And yes my WI is tonight, keeping my fingers crossed for a good result, anything 3lbs+ I'll be very happy with! :)

Last edited:
just dropping in quickly! I lost 10lb in week one - although was 8 days between weigh in rather than 7 due to the snow (which seems to have caused total chaos!). Feeling good!

There's two others in my office doing VLCDs at the moment (one is on lipotrim and one on CD) so it's helping to have some peer support this time round.

Hope everyone has a good weekend planned? I'm having a 'chores' day tomorrow whilst my little'un is with her dad, and then on Sunday we have a playdate with one of her little friends.

Big hugs all xxx

Thats fantastic Loule, well done. Go Girl Go
Janey xx

Hey all you Jan09'ers, had my 1st WI tonight and lost 4lbs so happy with that, I've never had huge losses like others (my biggest loss ever in one week is 6lbs and that was my first week at over 20stone!) and 3-4lbs was my average for most of last time so all is good! :) Also got 7 of the new nut-fudge bars so looking forward to trying that tomorrow :)

@loula fantastic loss there, well done you! :)

Well done pete on the loss! its all a step in the right direction :)

and for everyone else who's had a loss well done :)

Day 4 for me today! Feeling really good today! so much so went for a little run earlier! Really enjoyed being able to have the nut fudge bar today! It was yummy! I've already noticed my skin improving! I dont look so dead when i get up in the morning ha! (no more scaring any passengers in the morning's) lol! Really cant wait to get weighed again on monday!

Rich x

DQ,hope your feeling a lot better and your headache has eased.
Have a nice weekend.
Janey xx

Last edited:
Pete well done, 4lbs off in a week is a great in anybodies book!! Every pound off is a step nearer your goal. Have a nice weekend.

Rich, nice to hear your feeling really good today, it's amazing isn't it how you get this feeling of wellbeing, hard to believe the little changes in our skin for example happens so quickly too!!
Enjoy your fudge bars, have a good weekend.
Janey xx

Back