LL January Starters

Rich, nice to hear your feeling really good today, it's amazing isn't it how you get this feeling of wellbeing, hard to believe the little changes in our skin for example happens so quickly too!!
Enjoy your fudge bars, have a good weekend.
Janey xx

Have a good weekend too Janey! x

Hi everyone, thank goodness the snow is getting less and less here, raining today which sorry to say is a big welcome, a bit fed up of all the inconvenience the snow was causing!!

You know I woke up this morning with such a different outlook on the future and a lovely excited feeling that I haven't felt since I first started LL 3 years ago.
I think I know now that all the attemps to restart LL inbetween must have been very half hearted, I am in such a different place this time yahoooo!!!

Hope your all getting this good feeling now as we move forward, enjoy your weekend everyone.
Janey xx

hi all
joining back after little health blip last year first meeting tomorow night very excited to be back quick question if anyone knows, i can't remember if its ok to have artificial sweetners in hot drinks or not ?
Thanks in advance and good luck everyone this forum was a great support to me last year and I'm glad to be back

lou
xx

Hi Lou, Welcome back, isn't it a super feeling knowing that as well as the group we all have each others support on here too.

Yes we are allowed artificial sweetners but they have to be in tablet form.

Good luck for your meeting. Have a lovely weekend.
Janey xx

thanks janey
and yes its so great knowing that if i'm feeling like giving up i can just come on here and get so motivated by everyones success and positive words.
This forum was my lifeline before, after all, we are all going through the same thing and need all the support we can get.
will keep updating throughout my first week.

thankyou all

lou xxxxxxx

Well done to everyone on their losses. I never added myself to the list so here goes:

SexyBecks1 - Started Fri 1st Jan - Week 2 WI 12th Jan

Richard-ba-crewguy Start's 11th January! Cant come soon enough!!

Karmawitch started 2nd Jan - 8lbs lost

Bekimo - started Tuesday 5th January 2010! - Lost 9lb so far!!

Paigesmum - Started Wed 6th Jan - weighed in at 13st - 7lb lost so far

DramaQueen - starts - Weds 13th Jan

Sugarlump - started 5th Jan 2010 - 7st to lose! 1st weigh-in on Monday night!!

Janey B -- start 7th Jan [13st 11lbs] loss 10.5lb

Spannerwanner – restarted 9th Jan – start weight unknown

(Copy and Paste people, copy and paste!)

I’ve just come back from WI. No idea what I lost as I’m still feeling a bit too fragile to find out but my counsellor said it was a very good loss so I’m happy.

It’s been an odd week. I always drink loads of water but of course my intake goes up like everyone else’s when I’m on LL. However I didn’t really have any extra need for the loo at all for the first few days. Then during Thursday night I got up for the loo nine times (I was seriously knackered on Friday!) and since then I have needed the loo about every 30 minutes. I had my TOTM this week and I think I was probably retaining a lot of water for the first few days and no doubt my body is now releasing that but frankly this is just silly.

Tried the fudge bar, my counsellors had cut one up into little bits so we could try it. Can’t say I liked it at all but then I don’t really like peanuts. I can see if you do it would be good. Sadly I’ve found out they are discontinuing the fruit bar which is my favourite, that will only leave me with the toffee one as I don’t like the others (boo-hoo!).

Have you seen that they have also brought out a mouse mix (no doubt nicked off CD’s Mix-a-Mouse)? If you don’t really like shakes it might be worth trying out, apparently it makes it a bit like Angel Delight.

Twinny – if the fudge bars are a real temptation but you’d still like one then you could always just order one a week and have it on the same day as your weigh-in. I usually order just two bars a week and have them on Saturday and Sunday (weigh-in day and the next day) so that I am not tempted by bars during the week as they are a bit too moorish sometimes.

Pete – what’s wrong with the coated pain killers? I’ve been merrily taking them throughout the diet and I don’t think they’ve affected it.

Best wishes
Susannah

I had heard (or maybe read somewhere on here a while back) that the coated painkillers can contain sugar/sucrose/glucose etc so it's best not have them.

More great weight losses. Congrats to all.

Hi All!
menupop.gif

Well done on the weightloss everyone!

I started LL in April last year, lost 3 stones and went off the bandwagon.

I've put on about 3-4 pounds since then, but I want to get to my goal once and for all!

I plan to stay on LL for another 3-4 months, and start next Thursday. Wish me luck:)

Twinny – if the fudge bars are a real temptation but you’d still like one then you could always just order one a week and have it on the same day as your weigh-in. I usually order just two bars a week and have them on Saturday and Sunday (weigh-in day and the next day) so that I am not tempted by bars during the week as they are a bit too moorish sometimes.

I dont trust myself with them at all Susannah...the last time I was as out of control with anything (other than alcohol!) was wks 2 and 3 of Route to Management when we were allowed fruit - I just went absolutely ballistic with grapes :eek: Hence - no more grapes! I definitely have a lot more issues to address! I still find it hard to believe that I did 10 months of complete abstinence on LL then the 12 week RTM programme and STILL have head issues :confused: Am determined to get to grips with it this time around though - I never really did understand all the parent / adaptive child ego states etc so will concentrate harder in the hope that it helps.

Happy Saturday everyone and don't give in to temptation :devilangel:x

Hey all you Jan09'ers, had my 1st WI tonight and lost 4lbs so happy with that, I've never had huge losses like others (my biggest loss ever in one week is 6lbs and that was my first week at over 20stone!) and 3-4lbs was my average for most of last time so all is good! :) Also got 7 of the new nut-fudge bars so looking forward to trying that tomorrow :)

@loula fantastic loss there, well done you! :)

Thanks everyone!

Pete - 4lbs is great. How are you finding the bars?

How is everyone else today?

Regarding the bars - I'm avoiding them this time round. I might get one or two here and there if I know I have a busy day where I won't be able to make a shake up, but I can't say I find any of them particularly tasty (cranberry, if desperate!) and I am happy enough with the shakes. I guess I'm a bit scared of overdoing the bars - wanting one after another. But they do work really well for lots of people.

L xx

DQ,hope your feeling a lot better and your headache has eased.
Have a nice weekend.

Janey xx

Janey - thank you. Still feeling rotten to be honest. Had to take my four year ols to a soft play party today. Not ideal with a headcahe. Was with people who do not know very well so just sat glugging water and green tea while they scoffed and scoffed! Funnily enough I was not bothered by the food. Just feeling a bit teary . Is that normal? DEf feel better already cos I know I am adressing my weight rather than pretending to ignore it!

Well done Pete - 4lbs off - that is 8 packets of lard!! I always measure my weight loss in lard, that's the drama in me!

I think an early night and some paracetamol is called for. Love to all

DQ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well done for coping with a social situation,especially when it's people you don't know too well. Ah sorry your still a bit headachy DQ but hang in there, tomorrow your day 4 so your coming to end of rough period and it will be plain sailing from there on, believe me!!

Go for that early night it will do you good.

Janey xx

Hi All!
menupop.gif

Well done on the weightloss everyone!

I started LL in April last year, lost 3 stones and went off the bandwagon.

I've put on about 3-4 pounds since then, but I want to get to my goal once and for all!

I plan to stay on LL for another 3-4 months, and start next Thursday. Wish me luck:)

Good luck honey. Finish the journey. 3 months isn't that long after all is it? And you'll be set for a slim Summer!!! :D

:wavey:Bekimo, good luck too!

3 months isnt long at all! Heres's a slimmer 2010 for both of us!

Hi everyone,

I'm on day 6 of LL and reading through this forum has been a great help, so hope you don't mind me joining in...

I have a couple of questions, mainly for the people that have done the diet before...

Firstly, I've read on here that you can use veg boullion instead of savoury broth, is that true? Is it exactly the same? I'm really worried about using something that isn't LL!

And second, does anyone on here think that the bars can slow down your weight loss? Someone told me that they can, but I'm really hoping it's not true because I'm desperate for something to chew!

Well, congratulations to you all so far, I look forward to getting to know you all better...

Laura x

5lb off for me this week !!

SexyBecks1 - Started Fri 1st Jan - Week 2 WI 12th Jan

Richard-ba-crewguy Start's 11th January! Cant come soon enough!!

Karmawitch started 2nd Jan - 13lbs lost

Bekimo - started Tuesday 5th January 2010! - Lost 9lb so far!!

Paigesmum - Started Wed 6th Jan - weighed in at 13st - 7lb lost so far

DramaQueen - starts - Weds 13th Jan

Sugarlump - started 5th Jan 2010 - 7st to lose! 1st weigh-in on Monday night!!

Janey B -- start 7th Jan [13st 11lbs] loss 10.5lb

Spannerwanner – restarted 9th Jan – start weight unknown

Hi everyone, thank goodness the snow is getting less and less here, raining today which sorry to say is a big welcome, a bit fed up of all the inconvenience the snow was causing!!

You know I woke up this morning with such a different outlook on the future and a lovely excited feeling that I haven't felt since I first started LL 3 years ago.
I think I know now that all the attemps to restart LL inbetween must have been very half hearted, I am in such a different place this time yahoooo!!!

Hope your all getting this good feeling now as we move forward, enjoy your weekend everyone.
Janey xx

Totally agree Janey

I've read on here that you can use veg boullion instead of savoury broth, is that true? Is it exactly the same? I'm really worried about using something that isn't LL!

And second, does anyone on here think that the bars can slow down your weight loss? Someone told me that they can, but I'm really hoping it's not true because I'm desperate for something to chew!

1) Yes you can use Marigold Bullion instead of paying LL's OTT prices for the savoury drink. Find it with the OXO etc in supermarkets. You can have 2 teapsons (ie 2 drinks) per day.

2) No, the bars will not slow down your weight loss. LL won't provide you with anything that will hinder your progress. I had 1 bar every day for 3 months last time and it didnt' stop me losing 5 stone in 12 weeks :)

12 days into LL and all i can think about is food! Like, just chewing a piece of cucumber or a boiled egg would be so nice haha. I found it easier at the beginning than i am now. I just wish it would go away. If i thought i was strong enough i could have done the Lite programme but i'd probably find that even harder. Got my 2nd second weighin tomorrow. How is everybody else getting on? Hope you're all doing OK and enjoying losing weight :)

Back