LL January Starters

Good Evening shrinking lovelies!!

I have returned from the scales. And this week I lost (drum roll please) 5lbs!!

I am sooooo pleased! 22lbs in 3 weeks!

SexyBecks1 - Started Fri 1st Jan - Week 2 WI 12th Jan
Richard-ba-crewguy Start's 11th January! 13.9lbs off week one!!!!!!!!!!:)
Karmawitch started 2nd Jan - 13lbs lost
Bekimo - started Tuesday 5th January 2010! - Lost 22lbs so far!!
Paigesmum - Started Wed 6th Jan - weighed in at 13st - 11lb lost so far
DramaQueen - starts - Weds 13th Jan
Sugarlump - started 5th Jan 2010 - 7st to lose! 1st weigh-in on Monday night!!
Janey B -start 7thJan wk3 loss 4.0lb==19lb total
Spannerwanner – restarted 9th Jan – start weight unknown
Missy: restart 5th Jan 10 Week 2 -9lbs Total -19lbs :D

Arggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Day 20 has so far been an absolute killer!!! My AF is about to start any second and I keep weighing myself every morning and I don't think I have lost a lb, not a bl00dy lb - I've worked my @ss off surviving on 500 blimmin calories a day!!!!!!!!! I know its water retention blah blah blah but I think that because it is a total abstinence diet and I am literally eating 500 calories a day I have to be losing weight?!! so where the hell is it?
huh.gif

Urgghhh, I need to just chill out, I am so hungry today I could actually eat my arm - ate all my food packs already and just feel fed up today.

WI tomorrow. Not looking forward to this one.

I also have a decision to make, do I break the diet for some wine on Friday for hubs GD's funneral? I want to toast him but I don't want to break the diet either.

Bad day today, its all been going a little too easy.

First of all, if you want to toast him, get a champagne glass and put some nice cold mineral water in it. You wont feel left out then.

Secondly, pick up your scales. Do it now. I will wait. . . . have you picked them up? Now walk to the back door, open the door and throw the scales as far as you can. Scales are the devil. The only ones you need to worry about are your councellors. Honestly sweetie, I fell into that trap before and it did me no favours. Plus, scales lie.

This week, I was convinced that I had not lost an ounce. But I popped onto LLC's scales and low and behold, lost 5lbs. If you are sticking to this plan 100% you WILL lose weight. It is physically impossible not to!

Now come on, monkey!! You can do it. Just a little confidence and you will be on fire.

Thanks Beki, I just need someone to talk some sense into me this week - my family are having such a hard time I feel moaning about the diet and feeling rubbish is a bit self indulgent.

I'm feeling heavier this week if that makes sense, I have been constipated all week with really bad cramps, I don't know what has kicked it off but my IBS is going nuts this week. I really wouldn't be suprised if I gained with the lack of pooping!!! Hubs has now hidden the scales because I am being so grumpy!

I'm so sorry for sounding like a whinger :(

Congratulations for this week sweetie you are doing fabby xxxx

I love these forums because you can whinge or rant away and there is always someone that will be there to help you out.

It's a good thing that you are there for your family, especially at a time like this. Just remember to be there for yourself too!

I also have a decision to make, do I break the diet for some wine on Friday for hubs GD's funneral? I want to toast him but I don't want to break the diet either.

I recenly went to a good friends wedding, I don't drink alcahol, so asked for orange juice for the toast. If I was on LL at the time it would have been water. The toast meant no less from me because I had different drink and I know that my friend would have wanted me to choose whichever drink made me happy.

The people serving the drinks were completely happy to oblige. I'm sure you hubs GD wouldn't want you to break your diet, he would want you all to look after yourselves.

Hang on in there, you'll do fine xxx

A huge well done to Bekimo and Karenlisa, your both wee stars.
Emily Good Luck for your weighin today[and anybody else with a Wednesday one] I agree fully with advise from Bekimo, throw out them scales and don't weigh between meetings!!!

Have a good day all,
Janey xx

Just got back from my third weigh in and have lost 5lb, Thats 15lb in just under 3 weeks, very pleased. Well done everyone.

Wooo! You go girl!!

It's such a good feeling isn't it!! Who would have thought you could lose 1 stone (with a pound to spare) in 3 weeks!! THAT is why I love this diet!!

6 pounds more and you've reached 1 and a half stone. And this will most definitely be off by Valentines Day!

Well done you!

Well last night i had a big lapse :break_diet:i didn't even crave a particular food and what i ate didn't taste great, i just didn't want to feel empty. There was no upsetting reason, i was absolutely fine, just wanted to feel full. Felt like giving up but a stern talking to from a friend put me on the straight and narrow. am probably out of ketosis, will find out at weigh in tonight. I'm dissapointed with myself as it's only food!!! but i'm going to draw a line, learn from it and try to carry on with what i started :(

Hi Guys,

Can't thank you all enough for the amazing encouragement... First WI tonight so I should have some updates for the board tomorrow. Its only Day 3 for me and I'm wondering if I'm in ketosis yet? I guess the ketone sticks will tell me tonight. :sigh:
Anyways the 'board' has increased my determination so thank you for that...

have an amazing day and well done with all the great great losses...

Miss Ade :)

Well last night i had a big lapse :break_diet:i didn't even crave a particular food and what i ate didn't taste great, i just didn't want to feel empty. There was no upsetting reason, i was absolutely fine, just wanted to feel full. Felt like giving up but a stern talking to from a friend put me on the straight and narrow. am probably out of ketosis, will find out at weigh in tonight. I'm dissapointed with myself as it's only food!!! but i'm going to draw a line, learn from it and try to carry on with what i started :(

hey TA .. so glad your friend was there to help yu ... the best part is your deciding to learn from it... remember we're all in this together and if you do feel like this again... stick a note up before yu decide to act and we'll help fill the gaps between 'impulse and action'... so we're back on now right!, yu'll get back into ketosis again (if yu're out of it) before yu realise... remember a lapse is not failure... proud of yu, extremely! Stay determined hun...

Completly echo what Miss Ade has just said, you'll have taken something from this, even if its just how lousy you feel today.
You've already drawn a line under yesterday, this is a new day so move forward and keep that chin up!!!!

Good luck for weighin tonight sure it won't be as bad as you think, prob still in ketosis.
Also good luck Miss Ade for your weighin too.

Janey xx

Thank you both for the encouragement. Today seems to be going fine, not hungry and still have that ketosis taste! So fingers crossed i haven't done too much damage :)

Thank you both for the encouragement. Today seems to be going fine, not hungry and still have that ketosis taste! So fingers crossed i haven't done too much damage :)

We all have stumbles. It is what you do afterwards that matters. Well done for making positive steps & good luck for weigh in. Hope it hasn't affected you at all!

Hiya All,

Just popped on to check up on everyone.

Some good weights from everyone! Everyone seems to be just over the 1 stone mark, and making their way into their second stone.

Second weigh in for me and only 3lbs this week, which was a little dissapointing, but I think it might be something to do with not drinking enough water, so down it will go this week.

Have a good week.

Louale x

hi everyone

just got back from my 3 day weigh in and i'm 4.8lbs lighter , yaaay! this is so exciting as I really felt like eating today... this would keep me motivated till the end of the week! taking it one day at a time definitely not thinking about the entire journey now :wave_cry:... too much to take on!

Oh i'm so pleased for you Miss Ade and Emily,well done, your both wee stars.
Just proves Emily, keep away from scales at home,they're soul destroyers!
Miss Ade, going strong on your mid week weighin so just imagine what you'll lose by day 7!!
Keep up the good work girls.
Janey xx

Woo hoo! I have officially started! I can now call myself a January starter!

The meeting was fab last night and the ladies were lovely. I started eating LL last night as I'd only had a small lunch and had no food in the house. I had a Thai Chilli Soup for dinner (yum yumity yum!) and a choc shake (ok-ish) for later.

Just had a porridge this morning which was nice and I have a couple of soups and a shake left for the rest of the day.

I have a feeling i'm going to like the soups/savory more than the shakes, I will definately try some of the bars next week (might get the mousse mix for the shakes as it's the texture I don't like)

Here goes the first week!

Woo hoo! I have officially started! I can now call myself a January
starter!
Just had a porridge this morning which was nice and I have a couple of soups and a shake left for the rest of the day.

I have a feeling i'm going to like the soups/savory more than the shakes, I will definately try some of the bars next week (might get the mousse mix for the shakes as it's the texture I don't like)

Here goes the first week!

Brilliant BelleBee, you go girl!!!
Good Luck for rest of your week.
I was extatic this morning, put my trousers on [first time in 3 weeks]and I can get them on and off without opening the button and zip, now these trousers were snug to say the least so this has really made my day!
Hope everyone enjoying the exciting journey like I am!
Janey xx

PS. good luck to all who have a weighin tonight.

Back