LL May Starters

Morning all you Maybellicious Babes and Boy! Hope your Sunday is as sunny and wonderful as it is down here in London Town!!! What are we all up to today?

Jez
xx

Hello all,

I hope you don't mind me joining the group ... I have a feeling i will need the support.

So far for me week 1 has varied in difficulty. Hunger seems to have reduced for now, and thankfully I had no other side-effects of carb withdrawal apart from mild grumpiness which if I'm honest isn't that unusual for me.

Last night husband and I went to a dinner party. Everyone very supportive of my efforts and it was quite funny me bringing my hand held blender and food packs and having chicken soup followed by strawberry pudding while they had a gorgeous dinner. I'll tell you, when it was over I felt sad to have missed out on the food. It took me by surprise, I expected hunger and grumpiness, but not sadness.

Anyhow, my journey has begun, I hope I make it through. Even if I don't post I'll be following the thread. Thanks to those that post regularly for keeping me going. :)

Last edited:
Hey LLGirl

Welcome! Congrats on getting through your first week, and having the incredible willpower to sit through a dinner party!!! You really are taking all the right steps!!! You must be so looking forward to your first weigh in.. it gets so much easier when you see what fantastic loss you will have that it is totally motivating! You will absolutely make it through.. just take it one day at a time. I am amazed that after 3 weeks I have so many clothes that are so much looser - am in the middle of swapping winter to summer wardrobe currently! But pop on here and post, we are a friendly bunch , and there is always someone about. It really helps me when I feel bored and want to turn to food. The support is amazing, it just gets you through!

Look forward to chatting with you more hunni

Jez
xx

Thank you for the welcome Jezebella. It must be so thrilling to feel the difference in your clothes, I can't wait for that day!

The dinner party was made easier because they are close friends, and so were very understanding and reading this forum is a bit of a lifeline at the mo.

I'm going to have to find a project to distract me for the next few months ... if I get my wish it will be home improvements. Still debating with Husband what we should do.

I am looking forward to midway weigh-in on Monday ... I can't tell whether I'm in ketosis or not so it will good to see, just out of interest.

Hey and welcome on baord this LL ship - you're in for a rocky ride (lol)! its cool on here cos people share the ups and downs, the trials and tribulations (I actually sang that line from a song) well done on doing so well so far, keep it up and think nothing tastes as good as slim feels, dont feel sadness that you're missing food, feel joy that you are empowered and making postive steps towards weight loss. Im very cliched in this post - I dunno why lol. Not that Im trying to get rid of you by any means, but it might be worth you checking out the June starters thread too, as they'll be at similar stages to you seeing as you've started near the end of the month - just a thought, but dont be a stranger with us! Seems like its just me, Jez and SS at the moment rabbiting on (no offence you two lol) x oh and poor kat who through no fault of her own isnt yet a may starter, any news on that kat?

Its glorious here today too, Ive done three loads of washing so far which i always get excited bout (sad I know)

Back to work tommorow for me, so Ive just sorted out some summer clothes in anticipation of it being nice, but who knows!

xxx keep up the hard work me lovelies xxx

welcome llgal ,
this really is a great journey , (im revisiting after 2 yrs maintaining)
dont feel sadness hunnie , it will pass when the weight flies off ,
i do remember feeling a great sadness sometimes tho last time , i think it was because id let it get to that point . but now i see its the best thing ever to refocus and it really can turn around a whole lifetime of bad habits . goodluck hun , we are here if you need any advice or need to vent.
hey jez and rainbow , had a fab time at the lake yesterday, also had friends round last night , for a legal bbq :D for my birthday , they were so drunk, it was hillarious , (pics on facebook) spent the night dancing around my decking and watching the fireworks going on in the harbour while we danced like plonkas and screeched the night away :eek::eek::eek:
my poor neighbours:D.
had a fantastic day today too , rainbow you make me feel so guilty , ive pretty much slothed this weekend away chilling out. went to st bees beach today and it was like being in the med , so warm kids played in the sand and sea and i just soaked up the rays with my sis and friend,
came back here for yes you guessed it , another bbq. seems to be a habit !!
just sat down now , im totally wrecked from relaxing :0)days like today i love living here its so beautifull , if somewhat tucked away.
hows your day been jez ? up to much ?
hope youre all doing well , im getting exited again tues weigh in is coming up :D

add me on facebook ss, Im Victoria Franklin (no network) thers a photo of me and other half as my profile pic! dunno if you'll find me lol. Ive just got back from aquafit so feel refreshed, back to work 2moro! I like living where we are to ss, some lovely countryside walks only 2 mins away, we're rural enough to bebefit from fresh air, but not too isolated ifykwim. Right well, should go dry my hair really - cant wait for Benidorm on at 9, love that programme, its really funny lol. well done gals another week down x amount to go! xxx

Hello lovely ladies and MrC

Well well, another day over and urgh Monday to look forward too!!! Pah, not feeling the love for Monday currently. Happy Happy Birthday for yesterday SS, sounds like you had an awesome time. Add me on FB Joanna Bell London Network or find me on Vix page. Can't wait to see the pix! Good luck with school tomorrow Vix, sure it will all be good in your sexy summer clothes. Today was lovely and chilled, I spent most of it sorting out my clothes and swapping over winter wardrobe to summer, because it looks like summer might be here to stay! *holds thumbs* It was totally great, to find all those things I forgot I owned, and woo even greater that they were loose!!! Will be sad to see most of them go, but hey it means more shopping - I am a totaly shopaholic!!! Have put my winter fat clothes away,but am looking forward to getting them out and finding they are too big in a few months time!!! I did pop out to meet a friend in the pub for ooh a water!! How good am I??? and it was lovely just to catch up and chat. Came home and had a fabby bath and caught up with Kat on FB. Come on guys we need to send totally positive vibes that she finds the right doc who signs her off so she can start this week. How has your day been LLGirl, hopefully all good so far. Ooh btw girls nervous now as I WI tomorrow not tues because of my event on Tues nite. Hoping for a good loss. Will let you all know tho.

Big Skinny Hugs for a Happy Skinny Week!

Jez
xx

Thank you for the welcome Rainbow and Sukie :wavey:

I will definitely check out the June thread when it begins Rainbow

Today has been better ... I think I am in ketosis :innocent0001: as I'm only hungry when due the next food pack or when I see real food! Thankfully my energy levels have been ok so far, but I have been easy on myself the last few days.

Last edited:
I'm starting LL on Wednesday and im so ecited now after seeing the support you get on her and all your weight losses. x

hello all just been weighed last night another 2lb off everyone in the group had very small loss this week of 2 or 3lb our LLC said it was prob coz of the hot weather and we were all retaining water I think we were all guilty of not drinking enough water !! so i'm on it today welcome to all new peeps x x x

Hi all,

Mid-week weigh-in today - I'm in ketosis and lost 7lb :)

Am exhausted as I didn't sleep well last night, so off for a nap...

Last edited:
PS Welcome Charlieblue

We are a week apart, so will be great to encourage each other.

welcome charlieb and well sone LLG thats brill, bet you're really pleased. Good luck Jez, let us know how you get on, any more news Kat?! Will post properly later xxx

Hey hey GOOD NEWS!!

I have an appointment at a private hospital on Thursday at 0930 (£75). I have booked the day off and so has my partner. What I hope to do is go to the appt then go to my LLC to collect foodpacks so I can still start them on Thursday! (I am hoping to do my order on Weds night when I go to CBT)

Happy Kat :)

Ps: staying a Maybelle lol

woohoo hunnie , im sooo pleased for you xxxx

hey jez,
tied to find you on facebook , but plenty of joanna bells from london so didnt want to invite some random as i dont know what you look like (hint hint :0))
vix ive added you xxx
good day today , at work all day , had a good sort and wasnt booked up with treatments all day so got some work (and shopping) done (((blush))))
good luck for today jez , hows it gone ??? cant wait until tomorrow im soooo exited :0)

Thanks everyone, i'm really excited now to go to my first class Wednesday night, a bit nervous now tho. Will definately keep you all posted how i'm doing as this forum is so encouraging. xxx

Hello Lovelies

Woohoo another 4lbs!!!! so over the stone barrier!! It seems I am averaging about 4lbs a week which is fab. Congrats LLGirl and MummyLou and welcome CharlieBlue, good luck on your journey. It is such an exciting one. Vix, how was first day back at work?? Sukie your day sounds like it was fantastic! Well ladies, rather tired, its been a helluva day!!! Good luck for all the WI tomorrow.

Jez
xx

Back