LL May Starters

Hello my lovelies!

Finally I feel like I am back in the land of the living! Amazing what some sleep and a bit of relaxation will do for a girl. It also seems to help the scales drop a bit. I really have noticed a correlation in how much weight I loose and how much sleep I get. Last week = very little sleep and a small loss. Hope that this weeks is better. I still do not get how you can have days of nothing, then all of a sudden a drop over night! Our bodies really are strange things. Well some exciting things going on in my life. The first is the most amazing of all, I can now fit into a size 10!!! Never, ever, ever dreamed this would happen, still cannot quite believe it. It was just the other day I was fitting into the 12's and so excited about it. I wonder if you loose sizes more quickly as you get closer to goal? Second bit of hugely exciting news, is that my darling baby girl Lily (yes a cat but still my darling baby girl) went off this week for her "honeymoon" with the most beautiful Oriental Black Spotted Tabby boy in Oxfordshire. I really missed her hugely while she was away, but I collected her from K, yesterday and it is just wonderful to have her home. In about 3 weeks time I should know if she is pregnant, and I am so dying to have some lovely Siamese and Oriental babies in the house, so hold thumbs every one. Will keep you all updated. Third bit of exciting news is that I have an interview on Monday, sadly for a London job, but it might give me better hours until I can find something in Yorkshire or thereabouts. I am not sure at this point if I even want this job, but if anything it is good to have a few practice interviews, and always nice to know that even in these difficult times, one is wanted for a position. My real apologies to you all for being so quiet in the last week, but I really have been hugely busy, and just had no energy for anything. I hope you are all having a fantastic weekend. I look forward to hearing all your news when you next post.

Big skinny kisses

Jez
xx

Hiya Jez,

Congratulations on your new clothes size, it must be so pleasing. Hope we get to see some new piccies soon. Well done on the job interview, I'll cross my fingers for you, please let us now how it goes. xx

Hi Ladies,

You have a great supportive thread here.
Jez, well done and good luck with the job interview. You've done well in these difficult times for jobs.
Do you think your confidence has improved because of your weight loss?
Has that had any impact on the jobs you've applied for?
What will you wear for the interview?
How do you feel about it?
Good Luck. xx

Heya SB

Great questions. Yes LL has made me feel more confident, well my new size, but not quite in the way I expected. I remember when I took the job I am currently in thinking "yay I am not the biggest one here" as most of the ladies I work with are much larger than I ever was. What it has changed for me is the fact that I now realise I can do anything, and can make the changes in my life that are good for me, instead of being stuck in a rut of my own making. Setting this weight loss goal and so far having almost achieved it, has made me see I can do things. The CBT has also helped me re assess my life, my time, and made me really look at how I want my life to be,which is to actually have a life, instead of just existing and living for work. Because the man situation has been dire in my life - well the lack of it(which is a confidence thing) I have always focussed on my work, to the exclusion of everything else, it was one area I have always done well in. So now I realise it is time to do well in other areas, and that my job does not define me, there is more to me than that! Which to my mind is absolutely brilliant. I am taking steps to move out of London, find a job that gives me better quality of life, so even if this job does not pan out, it is a good practice run for the job I want, which will be an interim thing until I can start my own business again which is my ultimate goal. As to what I will wear, probably the black dress in my current pic, with a smart jacket. LL has totally changed my life!

Jez
xx

ps sorry if this is a bit of a ramble, but I just typed whatever came into my head!

Good luck Jez

Yep, the CBT is what makes the difference. If it's ramble, I understand it!
I have also re-evaluated my life.
I feel as though I had gradually lost myself under the layers of fat and now that they've been peeled away the real me has come back again. I've let her out and deposited the baggage in the 12stone that's gone.
Life must move on. I've changed my job, BLs changed hers, Daisy has changed hers and so have many others since doing LL.
Good luck on Monday. They'll probably offer it to you. Remember - you are interviewing them too. You don't have to feel beholden to them and grateful for the chance. You have CONTROL and CHOICE in this area of your life too.
You are like me. I also feel that LL has given me my life back.
I'm dying to know how you get on........ xx

I could just cry, you are all so lovely, I have never had this kind of love and support!!!! Will update you all after interview then WI. I am so greatful for this opportunity to change me and be my authentic self, the person I am supposed to be!

Jez
xx

Jez, I am so pleased for you. Life is pretty darn good eh! I have spent the weekend with my Mum and two of my sisters and they just don't stop talking about me, what I am doing and so on - it is flattering!

Kat xx

Just wishing you all a fantastic week my lovely Maybelles!!! Good luck with the WI's. Mine is tomorrow so will let you know how it goes.

Big Kisses

Jez
xx

Hi Lovely Ladies

A good week on the WI, 4lbs off!! Woohoo. So very happy today. Interview went well, so we shall wait and see what happens from here. Still not 100% sure if it is something that is really right for me, but shall see the outcome of this. The Sous Chef is an old colleague of mine from a previous company, so that could help. Not that he knows I have applied. How was the weekend for everyone? It really is quiet on here these days, I miss you all <G> come out of the woodwork damnit!

Big kisses

Jez
xx

Hi Jez

So, how did you feel at the interview? Confident? Would you take the job if they offer it to you? When will you hear?

Hey Jez, well done on your loss this week and your interview! That is great! Fingers crossed they offer it to you - even if you decide not to take it, it is still an extra confidence boost!

I am good, been rather busy lately but life is good as is LL!

Kat xx

Hi Ladies,

Jez, I'm so glad the interview went well and *woohoo* for the weight loss.

Glad life is good Kat, good luck for this week's weigh-in too!

Thanks hun! I am looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. Hope everyone else is having a fab week!

More lovely compliments tonight from people I haven't seen in an age!

Kat xx

Well I lost 3lb this week :) very pleased with that! I need 4lb for my 4 stone at LL (5 st in total) which will also take me into the next stone bracket! I am hoping for that next week as it will be a double celebration for my birthday :)

Hope everyone else has a fab week!

Here is to week 12 :)

I have been doing foundation a couple of weeks longer so tonight was the last class but LLC has agreed to do one more Wednesday for the 2 of us before we go into developers so that we only overlap the one week! Pleased with that!

Kat xx

Hellllllooooo (it echos) lol

Where are you all hiding? SS you have been sooooooo quiet! Kat, well done on the 3lbs I saw in the August Challenge and LL Girl,good to hear from ya, albeit a brief one :) Come on ladies let's rev the board up again :)

Jez
xx

I am hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! But is does get really quiet round here!

Kat xx

Just wait

till summer school hols are over, the nights draw in, everyone will be back.

Hellooo ladies,

I'm feeling a bit blue ... probably PMS, but also because I've had 3 weeks of poor loss. I can handle 1 week of 0 or low loss if I catch up a bit, but 3 weeks is a bit much. I still have no thoughts of stopping LL or giving up or no desire to eat, but I keep thinking about the extra time it's going to take me to lose the weight at this rate, and I am disappointed about that.

This week is milk week for me ... I considered missing the milk out, but my husband said I should just do the diet as they suggest. That will mean however that I'm likely to have another low loss, if any at all. I feel disappointed.

In group last night, we were asked to say how we'd done compared to our goals and what has changed in our lives as a result of the diet, and I said that I am glad about my lower clothes size and the change in the shape of my body, but that I was disappointed with my last 3 weeks loss, but I was determined to stick with it.

In summary, probably partly due to PMS and due to low losses I feel a bit grumpy and tearful. The end of abstinence is looking just that bit further away and that's hard to come to terms with.

Last edited:
hey every one ,
im here , just lurking a bit , ive gone down to goal again so ive switched to rosemary conley for a slower extra stone loss. missed having enough energy to run and fitting all my 10s and 12s means that i dont really have the same motivation to stick with it .
i always bang on about doing ll right or not at all so i felt a switch was needed.

hope its ok still to come on here , promise not to discuss the f word:D

kat well done on youre loss this week . 4 stone !! wow , wasnt that long ago when you were having youre doctor nightmare !!

ll gal , keep on hunnie im sure it will even out, but tmost importanty , unlike youre classmates , you havent lapsed so you have learned whats intended , they will stumble and fail if they are already messing now . just hold that tought close to youre heart , this is a lesson for life and sticking with it properly is the only way its going to make a lifetime change for us , they will not reach that point if cheating now .xxxx

jez , mrs !!!! you are one hot tamali !!! lol youre doing so well , any closer to the rtm decision ??

well ladies , wishing you all lots of love and skinny's
xxxxx

Back