LL May Starters

Hello Kat hun, I know I wished you last night, but Happy, Happy Birthday!!. So glad it has been a fantastic day for you, how did it all go this afternoon?

Jez
xx

Really well thanks Jez. I got up at 0900 and spent until 1430 sorting the garden, preparing food and making the house and myself beautiful. Garden party went really well!

Thank you :)

I am shattered now and off to bed! :)

Kat xx

So glad you had a lovely day Kat, sweet dreams :D

Kat, glad you had a lovely day.
Jez, photographic evidence shows me you had a super afternoon too.
I'certain they enjoyed the tea, what did they say about your weight loss?
You're looking good.
y

Gooooooooooooood Morning Vietnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!! Lol , sorry really England, but I have always wanted to say that!

Had a wonderful sleep last night, housework is all up to date, so really have nothing huge to do today. Am heading to westfield later with James and his Mom. Don't know how he thought he could have his mom over from Canada and not take her there!! Good thing is that he always insists on using the Valet parking which makes me feel so posh!! Woohoo. I will resist the temptation as much as I can, because payday is only tomorrow - what a cruel twist of fate huh?? The one thing I will do however is go into the Levi shop and try on some jeans!! I remember so well going into the one in Regent street some years ago and the lady saying to me "oh we don't make them in a size over a 36" waist" and feeling so awful, because I know they actually do make them in all sizes in the USA. It really did make me feel like a second class citizen!!! So today will change all of that. Thinkt he weatherman has lied about the weather, it is supposed to be sunny and 25c but its cold and grey currently.

Good news on the cat honeymoon front. Got a lovely call from Cat husbands owner yesterday to say the honeymoon had well and truly begun and she was finally accepting his advances. Please please ladies hold thumbs and fingers and toes that this time she gets pregnant. If not she will be spayed after this which I really don't want to do without one litter from her, because that will be the end of her line entirely. As the lady I got her from is in Spain and no longer breeds.

Kat my darling, so glad that your Birthday was such a happy one and you are really looking fabulous. It makes all the shakes and soups seem so worthwhile. LLG how is it all going in your part of London? Have you manged to get any gardening done? Sukie whereeeeeeeeeee are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu? Missing your rambles my lovely. Vix messaged on FB and said she would be back but not entirely sure when. Hope she is doing ok, but it looks like she had a fabulous time in Cyprus.

SB my friend and his mom were so impressed, I saw James when I was 3 days into LL then again when I had hit about a size 14, so it has all come as a bit of shock. I did feel really embarrassed though because his mom had a go at him about his weight and basicaly told him he needs to loose, but in that loving mother kind of way. I did get the feeling he felt a bit picked on. But perhaps it is the wake up call he needs??? It seems most South Africans put on weight when they move over to the UK. Lol well all the ones I know anyway.

Well ladies have a beautiful day with whatever you do.

Big kisses

Jez
xx

Hey Jez ... when I woke I had similar worries about the weather today, but sun is blazing here now! Will definitely sit in the garden sipping a cool drink (we rarely "garden" but prefer to let the weeds roam free most of the year ;) apart from the occasional lawn mowing by hubby - fortunately it is usually relatively tidy).

Have fun at Westfields. I haven't been there yet ... my time will come :). I know what you mean about the range of clothes sizes in some stores. I remember my last big trip to the US years ago, I was so impressed with the variety of plus-sized clothes and the quality too ... I know it's preferable to be a small size, but if one is a plus size, it is nice to have the option of more variety of good quality clothing. So often, unless I was in 'Evans', I would have to search so hard for things in my size I stopped bothering going to 'regular' stores! In the US, their 'Gap' had so many lovely things in my size that they remain some of my favourite clothes, (at that time a size 18 then I grew out of them and I'm now finding them a bit too big *yay*). Their quality is so good compared to some of the things on offer in 'Evans' or 'Simply Be'.

Sorry for the rant ... the frustration's been pent up for years!

Anyway ... going to get ready, hubby wants to go to the park, or something.

Have a lovely day ladies.

Good to hear everyone is well today. It is dry here but yet to have blazing sunny weather. The gazeebo is still up in the garden from my garden party yesterday which is a good thing as we have a friend coming for dinner tonight.

I am enjoying a lazy day after the last 3 days which have kept me really busy!

I am going to go to the local garden centre for a wander round now.

Have a good day folks!

Kat xx

Well, well, well

I faced my nemesis, namely the Levi shop and I won!!! Not sure why it stuck in my head so much from years ago, but I just felt so insulted at the time. So when I finally managed a small escape from the general sightseeing whilst the others had lunch, I popped in. Well quite amazing how solicitous the shop assistants were, now that I am thinner, they couldn't do enough for me!!! I tried on the first pair and they fitted but were slightly loose, so got into a smaller pair than I expected!! I felt great, really have laid it to rest now. I did not buy any of the jeans today in there, but will go in and get some when I finally hit goal. I did manage to get to Rigby and Peller for a proper bra fitting. I cannot believe I am a 34D!! The right bra really does make such a difference. I explained to the lady that I had lost weight and didn't know what size I was anymore. They do not use tape measures at all, just do it all by eye and by feel. I got a very basic set, which was still nearly £60 for the bra alone!!! But have tried on a few other sets, and will absolutely go back and get one for posh. Now I know what size I am, I will order some in the styles she showed me from figleaves or similar. I would really recommend that if you have the opportunity to get to one of their stores and get a proper fitting, do it - after all if it is good enough for the queen, lol :)

I was also quite naughty because I treated myself to a new fragrance, the new Marc Jacobs "lola". I love "daisy" and it lasts forever on my skin, so tried it loved it and oops bent the card, but the bottle is so beautiful will have to leave it out on display.

Then headed out with the sister, to to local Sainsburys, because it was the last day of 25% off, and picked up a nice shirt, and a track suit, which I think I will really need in Scotland, have a feeling it its going to be chilly up there. but at £12 less 25% I don't feel too bad.

It did finally hit 26c in London and was a gorgeous day, especially as yesterday and last night was freezing. Cannot wait to go and pick up Lily ladycat tomorrow. Still praying she will get preggers from this honeymoon.

Hope you ladies had a day as wonderful as mine was :) Would love to know what you all got up to. One more day off for me so I still have that weekend feeling.

Jez
xx

Hello Fabulous Maybelles :)

I feel like I am over posting here :) but things to say so......

Hope you have all had a wonderful Tuesday and being back at work wasn't too stressful. Kat are you having a fabulous holiday. I have 9 days to go woohoo. Sukie where are you hunni bun? Vix, where are you hiding? Well was my last day off today but I was very very busy. Up early raced to supermarket to get bits and bobs (all cleaning products and cat foods) Then off to Beckenham so my sis could have her weigh in, got keys cut, purchased a beautiful bunch of flowers for K. Raced back to our part of the world, stopped at the fish shop which was now open, got a new filter for the fishy boys, and some holiday food for them. Came home, unpacked and headed out to Oxford to fetch Princess Lily - who is a total slag!!! Lol Got to K's house, spent a lovely time with the kittens once again, then up to the honeymoon suite. How cute were those cats, he is very sweet with her, lots of nose kissing and crooning. Apparently that we know of, the little beasts were at it 17 times!!!! Left Oxford just after 3 and got home at just after half past 5, did washing, tidying etc and finally sitting down to relax. Princess Lily is howling away for her husband, hopefully this will calm down in a day or 2. If she is preggers we should know between 20 and 23 September with babies due 4th or 5th November. Please tell me if all this cat talk is boring to ya.. I just find it so exciting. Well hope to hear from some of you later. If not have a fantastic Wednesday.

Big kisses

Jez
xx

Evening my loverlies!

I started Developers group tonight, even though I still have one week of foundation left. So my WI day is now Tuesday rather than Wednesday. I am not going to celebrate finishing foundation and starting developers until next Tuesday night though!

I lost 3lb this week - happy bunny!

Hope everyone else is having a fabulous week.

Kat xx

Woohoo you go Kat great loss. Sadly no WI for me this week as Monday was a bank hol so will have to wait till next week .... How was developers, did you have diff people in your group? I found it a bit odd at first, but now I love it. Cannot believe I am so close to RTM now, bloody scared, but excited at the same time... Any news from SS or Vix?

LLG how was your day? Hope all is well with you hun.

Jez
xx

Oh btw, I have been meaning to ask you, what has happened to the rest of the June starters or are you the only one to stay the course?

Jez
xx

Hey Jez ... I'm good thanks. Starting developers tomorrow (because of bank holiday) and next week will revert to LLC's normal developers day which is Monday.

I never posted in the June starters thread as I started the last week of May, so not sure who was in there.

Well done on getting nearer your goal Kat.

Hey Pretty Ladies

A very very busy day today!! Gosh I really did not stop!! Apart from all the work, the catch up from Bank holiday, prep for DESI and a wedding and various other bits, also had to do a massive presentation well prep the food for a massive presentation tomorrow. Did well over 12 hours at work today, but feel like I really achieved loads, and still on the countdown to holiday, which starts 11 Sept!! so 8 days of which only 7 of them are work. Good news on your developers group LLG, means we will both WI on Mondays now. Mind you, I guess RTM has different gorup days?? When back from hols will be in that so need to find out. Am still nervous about the whole RTM thing. But trying to plan ahead the food for the first week. Fear not though lovely Maybelles, I will still be posting right here!!! Guess I should also start an RTM thread to log the food though. Have any of you thought this far, what your first meal might be when you start RTM?

Well a bit of couch loving is called for and it certainly is miserable weather today, had lights on all the way to and from work. Actually quite enjoying it though, have all the curtains closed and lots of candles lit so the house smells divine. Just had a hot bath with vanilla bath salts, and smothered body oil all over!! At least my skin will be lovely and soft, albeit wrinkly and saggy. Still did ask the doc if our NHS did tummy tucks for those that lost lots of weight! Waiting to hear back, am doubtful but if you don't ask you don't get.

Have a wonderful evening and a fantastic Thursday, all downhill to the weekend now.

Jez
xx

Hiya Jez, this weather is certainly couch loving weather. It was so dark today!

-4lbs for me tonight not too shabby again.

Hope your busy week goes quickly for you Jez.

Well done honey, you are back on track and it is dropping off!! Great great news! Hope you have had a fab day and didn't work too hard!

Jez
xx

Ta Jez ... the pic is from 2007.

Had a reasonable day today, nothing too exciting going on, how about you?

Was busy, busy, busy, EHO in, lots of work, 2 tastings 200 cupcakes, etc etc, lol only got home just about 9pm which is quite long when I leave home at 6am, still its what the job is all about and I have a lovely few days holiday to look forward to!!

What have you been up to?

Jez
xx

Hello Maybelles

Another Jam bubbling on the stove. This time Pear, cranberry and orange. Smells totally divine. Busy old day again today, but at least tomorrow I don't have to be in early and Sunday is a day off!! Then downhill to the holiday. Kat hope you are having a marvellous few days off and hope also that you have had a great day LLG. Sending wishes for same to you too SS and Vix, not that I think you are about atm.

Jez
xx

Back