LL monthly medical

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by notts_bhoy, 4 November 2008 Social URL.

1. notts_bhoy

notts_bhoy Full Member

Diet:
    lighter life
    hi all :D , i received an email today from ll saying i have to go see my doctor and take the ll medical form with me then get my doctor to examine me and then i have to pay my doctor a fee !! i was under the impression that this was all taken care of by LL ! and we got a medical at our class every 4 weeks , was i misinformed ? do we all have to pay our doctors a fee every month on top of what we already pay a month ? any info is much appreciated folk , paul.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. vintella

vintella Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(34.32%)
    Diet:
    lighter life
    hi
    you have to organise your own 28 day check ups, but not all drs charge. (mine didnt )
    in my group we are lucky enough to have a practising nurse who will do our bp checks- as none of us are taking prescription meds

dont know if that helps but if you know a practising nurse they could do your check for you?
    ella
    x

4. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    My LLC and the handbook says medical checkup every 28 days (so bascially once a month) and some doctors do charge for it, at least to fill out the form they do. Mine cost £25 for the first one, I don't know what the next one will cost.

Apparantly you can get a nurse to do it instead of a Doc, might cost less that way but I don't know.

5. MandyLupton

MandyLupton Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st2.0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st2.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    My doctors didn't charge for the initial medical, but my LLC said I just need to go to the chemists every month to have my blood pressure checked as I have no medical conditions that need medication. Basically I'm as fit as a fiddle......ha ha ha..... apart from the weight I'm lugging around with me lol.

6. randyravingrhian

randyravingrhian New Member

Hi, Have been on LL for 6 weeks now, and just wanted to let you know that you can go to the Pharmacy for your 4 week Medical Check. They don't charge...and my Counsellor said that was fine! Hope that helps!

7. oliviasmummy

oliviasmummy Full Member

Diet:
    lighter life
    yeah alot of the poeple in my group go to a lloyds chemist my docs dont charge for the check up but i usually just see the nurse

8. *Tia*

*Tia* Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    if you go to most pharmacys they will do it free! lloyds,superdrug etc!!!

9. bekimo

bekimo Fighting Demons....

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I have my asthma nurse do mine. She does them for free. There may be a nurse practitioner at your local surgery who will also do it for free. If not, your LLC should be able to recommend a pharmasist!

B x

10. Mollysmum

Mollysmum Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    I had my first check up with the nurse at my local doctors and she didnt charge me. We also have a nurse at our LL who helps out the LLC and she will do it but only if you are not taking any medications or have health problems.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.