LL Round Two - Diet Buddies/support and motivation needed! :)

beccaplum

I did LL last January and lost 3.5stone - just a few lbs off target, but i felt happy there. Was foolish and have rapidly put on nearly 2st in 6 months and desperate to get rid and reach target!
Like many of you I have loads of old packs left so am using those up, can't afford to go back properly. I started back on Monday and have lost 5lbs so far - aiming for another 1st 9lbs by May 5th - my birthday!! Aiming high but why not!?
I could really do with some diet buddies to go through round 2 with - feeling very guilty, angry and ashamed that i let myself put so much back on....:mad::raincloud:
Found this site this evening and the support looks great, I just had to post.
Good luck and well done to everyone on their weight loss/maintenance journeys!
BP xxxxxxxxx

Hey BP
Don't be angry with yourself. It happens I guess now more than ever you need those thought records.
I managed to put on a stone too after RTM thankfully I managed to loose it by cutting back and exercising like a loon.

Hang in there and by all means post on the main board too, there are loads of friendly fun people who will help you through the worst.

Hello there,

I did LL starting feb 2008, i lost 3 and a half stone and couldn't really afford to keep it up. I was fine over the summer but things started to slip in the autumn and then boy did they slip!! I weighed myself feb 2009 and was half a stone heavier then when i started! :cry:

It is no-ones fault than my own, but that makes it worse. I have come through the recent darkness and have started to change my life again!!! Yippee!

Keep smiling x:angeldevil:

I am rejoining again on Monday but this the third time around for me and LL - and third time lucky!

I have lost and regained 5 stone twice now and feel really cross with myself.

My biggest issue at the moment is to convince my husband that this REALLY will be the last time. I lost 5 stone last year between Jan and May 08 and before in 2004. Each time I ran out of money (or rather the funds were needed urgently for something else) and I have never done RTM.

I have even told my dh a white lie - that there is a special offer for returners.....

So, I will be a regular visitor here for the next 5 months in abstinence and then on to RTM and beyond.

My goals this year? Go to my work Christmas Ball wearing a stunning dress, buy a complete new wardrobe in October (size 10) and throw out everything over size 12 once I have grown out of them (burn my bridges!).

Good luck to all restarters - we've done it once and we know what to expect. We can nail this once and for all.

hello Luvver!!!

Good on you girl, not giving up and all that! :p

Last year i managed to loose 3 and half stone and then put on 4!!
:break_diet:

I never did route to management, which i guess is a real mistake but hey ho i have had my time feeling angry with myself and it gets me no where except heavier through comfort food.

I have a wardrobe full of lovely size 14 clothes from last summer so i am determined to at least get near to wearing them!! I am a 18 at the moment and now at least i know that i can achieve that size and hopefully more!!!!

Let me know how you go,, :girlpower:

How are the returners doing?

I am off to see my LLC tonight and can't wait to get started. Hubby is totally supportive (again!).

One thing I have decided though is that I really do not want to know the numbers - starting weight, weekly loss, inches etc. This is because even though it is LL I still did not lose weight at the same speed as others in my group and to be honest it really got to me.

This time I just want the evidence to be in the way I feel and my shrinking clothes.

Anyone else got any strategies for this time round?

Here we go again...

Hey BP
Don't be angry with yourself. It happens I guess now more than ever you need those thought records.
I managed to put on a stone too after RTM thankfully I managed to loose it by cutting back and exercising like a loon.

Hang in there and by all means post on the main board too, there are loads of friendly fun people who will help you through the worst.

I agree with Tange -- you need to be pleased that you have chosen to address your weight gain and get back in gear. I completed Foundation in October and did a few Management meetings, but as it wasn't a cohesive group and so few people actually stayed -- I just wasn't "feeling the love".

However, I know from reading what Blonde Logic and others have said that doing Management is important for a permanent bahaviorial change... and I can see by own "backsliding" that I really should have stuck it out.

So, for the moment I am going to do an independant "study" by reviewing all the materials from Foundation, and perhaps, go back into abstention (and exercise more -- because I have slacked off) to take off the 10 to 12 pounds I have regained (and maybe a few additional) -- and then I will go to Management Meetings (as I should have) and do it right this time.

If I am not able to take off the weight on my own, then I may join a Lighter Lite Life group and do it with the support.

If you have done it once -- you know you can.

Congratulations

You should congratulate yourself for taking back the control....I too completed the programme...went to weekly meetings..then monthly...then none....and before I knew it Mr.Chatterbox started talking to me again and Iv'e been listening to him....2 stones worth of chatter...Iv'e entered for race for life in July so need to lose 2 stone...i start the refreshers programme next Tuesday....

Hi,
I've fallen off the wagon, isn't it amazing how fast it goes back on. Like lightening, I seem to have manged to put on nearly 1/2 a stone in 1 week. Unbelieveable.
I lost 4 stone on LL in 2007 from June to November. I managed to maintain until probably June last year 2008, then gained 1/2 a stone then by September another 1/2 stone. Christmas came and went and I'd put on another stone, since then another 1/2 stone, and somehow this week , a new record in 1 week alone a full 1/2 stone.
So lost 4 stone in 5 months kept it off for about 7 months and now have put 3 stone back on. Enough is enough. Today is the day I start again.

I really, really liked being slim. Clothes shopping became fun. I am my own worst enemy for putting nearly all of it back on.

Going to go and watch Paul McKenna's I can make you slim that I taped ages ago on Living.

Hey guys,
I too am feeling a bit silly. I lost 6 and a half stone 2007-2008 and over the past year I have put 3 stone back on. Doh.:mad:
I loved being slim and shopping for clothes was just brill but last month I was shopping for clothes that would fit as I had outgrown all I had left.
I have flittered about the past 6 months playing with packs and going on and off abstinence but enough really is enough and I need to get it sorted.
I want to do the sunwalk in Newcastle in July as I did the Moonwalk (all 26.2miles) last year in Edinburgh when I was slim. I don't want to have to drag that extra few stone round the 13 miles with me so concerted effort and back to these boards for some :copon: and some :happy096:.
Here's hoping I can do it this time!!!
SWBT
xxx :fingerscrossed:

Think Positive You will succeed.

Hi to all who have supported me....I weigh in tomorrow..Tues....end of first week back on LL....doing the refreshers programme...I must admit have found it quire easy....haven't been hungry..have kept to the programme.
Like foundation I have set myself weekly goals...I keep a daily diary..I write daily goals when I get up in the morning and at the end of the day...how my day has gone and have I achieved my goals.
I find that this helps..foundation was about structure and discipline.....I believe that's why it is so successful.
Maybe we gain our weight because we forget the basic principles we were taught...the child in us resurfaces?
My jeans that were tight last week.... have now slackened off..I feel remarkably well and energised again....the proof will be in the pudding tomorrow night!!!
I am entered for the Race for Life 07/09...I have entered for the Sue Ryder Midnight Walk 05/09.....it'll be so much better to do without that sack of potatos on my back....
Remember ....you can do it....you did it before...just get SMART again!!!!!

Saying you've found the first week easy has cheered me up Xanda, I have played at it on and off for a couple of months now. But when I had hit the 3 stone back on mark on Sunday decided enough was enough my silly on/off tactics were NOT working. Back on SS.
Like Scottwannabethin I have a wardrobe full of new clothes which I really enjoyed shopping for and strutting around in, and now they come nowhere near. I have shopped minimalistically for my present size, 1 track suit bottoms, 1 jeans, 1 work trousers; do not want to be this size, have to lose weight (1lb or 2) by tomorrow or it is going to be very uncomfortable getting through the day in the tight work trousers - that's my motivation for this 48 hours.

We did it before, we can do it again.

Well done Iceycold...before you know it u'll soon be Hot Totty again strutting around in your glad rags!!!.....Just hold that thought...remember that feeling of feeling slim....here's a ditty for you to remember when you feel the need to indulge....those that indulge...bulge....and another....a moment on the lips...a life time on the hips!!!
Like you my jeans were tight and uncomfortable 8 days ago...now ther'e quite loose.....belief in yourself ....you can do it!....you will do it!!....what have you got to loose?....weight....be SMART....
What are your'e strategies for when you are preparing food for others?....mine is boullion with dried chilli flakes.....another is I make crisps with the savoury packs and sprinkle coarse ground pepper or dried chilli flakes on top...ther'e delicious and give you satisfaction due to chewing food...ther'e great to have in your handbag when out with friends...have these as your meal...
When in foundation did you get grasp the concept of the fridge and the freezer?....if not I'd be more than happy to explain it to you....that's what has helped me and of course going back into a refresher group has made it as easy as foundation....

Hiya guys,
Scales are not showing any loss yet but the jeans are a tiny bit slacker and I weigh in on Wednesday afternoon so I will see then. I am actually looking forward to it!
Positive thinking is definetly the key and I am up there, for the moment anyway!
I have never found the whole cooking for others an issue if I am honest. I love cooking and just not being able to eat it doesn't faze me. Hubby was grateful of that last time and I am sure will be this time although I am still trying to get him to join me!
Good luck Xanda on your weigh in. Every pound gone is a step in the right direction.
Can you explain the fridge/freezer thing? I don't remember that from when I did LL foundation??

Hi Xanda,
Thanks for the ditties and encouragement, all help gratefully received. The only ditties I remember from last time are - drink to shrink- and -nothing tastes as good as slim feels.

Think it was bad plan to start at a weekend, it all comes back to me now - the weekends were the hardest.
I've not tried the chilli flakes, but will be doing.

LIke Scotwanabethin I don't remember the fridge - freezer thingy either. Foundation was a long time ago, or perhaps it's something new that has been added (like the 4L of water). I'd love to hear about anything you think helps.
Managed to get into my work trousers, that was a relief to actually manage to get in them and zip them up, I was kinda worried about that. Must be down to the fact that I am empty.
Hope the weigh-ins go well.

hi all!
thanks for the replying to my thread. sorry i havent written sooner - i am new to this and thought i was emailed once my thread had been replied to!?
i have lost 7lbs since i last posted,but then had a week off the wagon :cry:and started again today. i got a cold last monday which led to a chest infection so thats my excuse!
a rubbish one i know as when i was on LL last time i didnt come off when i felt poorly....
how is everyone else getting on?
bxxx

Hiya beccaplum, hope you are feeling a bit better now!
I will be honest and say that I have struggled to keep my head in the right place and there is a huge part of my brain shouting at me that I did it so easily last time round but this time I am really fighting with myself not to run off to see what is in the fridge/cupboards the minute I get in from work.
I have stuck to it so far but I am obsessed with jumping on the scales which isn't helped by the fact they seem to be stuck. Even considering changing the batteries but holding off on that one!!!
But, I am feeling a little bit better, my jeans are a little slacker round the tummy and I am not so bloated so I know I am doing the right thing.
I have a day off tomorrow then weigh in at night so I just need to prepare myself for a "normal" loss rather than a spectacular one that I would like.
The first time I did this, my losses were never huge. I was usually a 2lbs a week gal max. Just how it is and I am prepared for that so I think that might get me through.
Here's hoping!!!!
SWBT

Hiya,
Hope everyone is hanging in there. I'm finding it much harder than last time as well ScotWBT, I rarely lost more than 2lbs a week either; but on any other diet would probably not even have lost that. Did you do your 10,000 steps?, that was something I never got to grips with. Blamed that for me not losing as rapidly as everyone else, that and giving up smoking half way through foundation.
It's all coming back to me now, the Fruits of the Forest water flavouring and the getting up in the middle of the night.
Work trousers seem a little easier on the waist today, but terrified they will burst on the thighs. NOT buying any more. Fullstop. END. Have got to lose weight and 2 sizes.
Going to check for new recipes for packs, with Xanda mentioning chilli flakes - new to me- perhaps there are more new ideas since last I passed this way. Good luck with the weigh ins.

Hi, I am new to the forums, but have heard good stuff from others. I lost 8 stone last year. Christmas was my downfall plus going through sad divorce & my x remarrying last week, have put 2 n half stone on! No messing now, back on abstinence tomorrow. Support vital!

Welcome back everyone

You know it works or you wouldn't be here.Well done for your determination to get back on track.
Just remember how it felt when you got to your goal . Reading about trousers being too tight etc, remember how good it feels when nothing digs in, nothing flops over the top, you can wear fashionable clothes from "normal" shops and your self esteem comes back.
Good luck - you can do it.:)

Back