LL STARTERS IN JANUARY 2007

Thanks toots, really appreciate that.

Am going to try & make the crisps - that may make it easier. Also need to keep drinking that water!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speak soon

x

Hi everybody,

I was really tempted this weekend to eat - all because of the smell of jam on toast! How frustrating it was. I wasn't at my house at the time and had forgotten to bring a foodpack. Normally this woulodn't have bothered me because, like some of you, I too am finding it difficult to eat all the foodpacks required for one day. However, when the smell of the toast and jam wafted past me I could have cried.

This diet is so strange that way. Today food is not bothering me at all. Some days however I dream of what I am going to eat when I can stop abstinence. I find myself constantly thinking of the nice flavours I am missing, and also the social side of going to restaurants (which I used to do a lot - hence the weight issue). Other days, like today, I am not at all interested in food and am more focused on my body and the way it is shrinking. Are you the same?

I am going to buy an abs thingy-majig in Tescos later today as someone told me that it will help tone me up. I am noticing lots of lumpy bits on my stomach now that it is shrinking and I don't like I at all! Feels like my stomach is a giant bag of marbles! lol. Hope this is natural.

Jumped on scale this morning (day 17) and I have lost 23 pounds in total - I am over the moon! I am constantly working out dates and timescales in my diary - I am going on hols on 13th May and would LOVE to have lost 5 stone from start until then. So, in order to do that I have to lose an average of 3.5 pounds per week to reach that goal. This diet so far is fantastic and I hope I can do this. This site is the best thing to give you a boost when you are losing focus, and I know that as long as I keep in touch with all of you I can do this. Thanks for all your support ladies (and gents).

Helen xxx

HI Now or Never

Congrats on your weight lost - fantastic!!!!

I keep dreaming about food and so much so when I wake up I actually think I have eaten it and feel really bad & guilty and then I realise it was a dream and then feel totally stupid (although relieved).

I cooked a sunday lunch for my hubby and son, which did not bother me one bit, later on I had 40 winks in the afternoon as was very tired and I had dreamt that I had eaten it too....... I was in such a bad mood, that when I told my hubby how guilty I felt after eating the sunday lunch, he looked at me, very confused and said "you didn't eat it, you had one of your soups" I felt a bit of a twit, then - clearly losing the plot, ha ha

xx

Skinnyminny you have made me laugh!

So funny about the Sunday Lunch - your husband must be very worried about you! lol

Like you the cooking doesn't bother me - infact I am enjoying cooking more now than I have done in ages. I smell all the food too, which seems to fool my brain into thinking that I ate it. How weird are we on this diet? lol

Well done on your 9.5 lbs weight loss - you must be thrilled. You mntioned in an earlier post that you are fed up with the foodpacks - I am on Lipotrim which is even more limited. We have a choice of strawberry, vanilla or choc shakes, a chicken soup or flapjack. That's it. The flapjacks are disgusting - they taste like smelly carboard, the chicken soup is like musty socks and the shakes tend to separate with the water. The only way I can eat is to make the shakes into a mousse by not adding as much water. So, my daily diet consists of 1 choc mouse at mid-morning, another at about 6pm, then a vanilla (don't liketh strawberry) mousse at about 9pm. Not very inspiring is it? lol

Nevermind, we are losing weight, which is the best thing in the world at the moment.

Keep drinking the water and post me some crisps! hahahahaha.

Helen xxx

Hi NoworNever

Glad I made you laugh:D :D

Just wanted to ask a question - are you doing any excersise as well. I have just started doing some walking as last week was so full of energy, nothing too traumatic just a brisk walk for about 45 mins every other night. This was helping me loads last week in terms of focusing on my goal.

Sorry the foodpacks are not too great. I have recommended my mum to do lipotrim as she wants to do LL but she lives in Ireland and there is not one anywhere near where she lives.

I don't mind the LL foodpacks too much there not that bad, I am just not hungry at all and so have to remember to eat them. Weird!!!!!

Hi Skinnyminny,

The only exercise I have done since I started, has been the odd "good choice" i.e. parking the car at the very top of the multistorey and taking the stairs down and back up again. Apar from that nothing.

I am thinking about buying a bike (but don't know if I have th courage to go on one yet until I lose more weight), also I am today going to get one the those rocker thingys, which tone your stomach. Also, I think I will start swimming a couple of times a week. My Lipotrim C'r is nagging me to start exercising but I think that it has taken me two weeks to get used to this diet as was having headaches and dizzy spells at first and therefore I felt I shouldn't exercise. I am going back to weigh on Thursday (end of 3rd week) and I feel I should be able to tell her that I have started, hence the abs rocker thingy!

I just popped over to another thread a few mins ago as I was thinking about the exercise thing. One lady says that it is impossible to tone your body (?) - have a read. Go to New Posts and you will see the thread (sorry can't remember the name, but it menions exercise in title). Anway, think I should buy this gadget as feel I need to start sometime soon.

What are your plans?

Helen xxx

Hi Now or Never

We were given pedometers at our last meeting and told to aim to do around 10,000 steps per day.

I would normally only do about 6500 so I started going out for walks to try & boost that. My goal for this week is to try & do 10,000 steps per day and then build up on that.

I would like to go swimming or to aqua aerobics but not confident enough to put my swim suit on yet (even my maternity one is too small :eek: :eek: :eek: ) so I will wait until I have lost a bit more weight.

The problem is I want the weight to be off as quickly as possible so I can start living my life as a slim person and am getting impatient as the more I visualise my end goal the more I want to get there - yesturday!!!!! A huge problem of mine - impatience.:D :D

So as walking takes it out of me each day once this gets easier I will probably increase the steps until the stones start to fall and then swimming to really tone up - well thats the plan anyway!

xxx

Hi toots

Great to feel so welcome my stats are

Start date: 10 January
Start weight: 14stone 2 lbs
Current weight: 13 stone 9 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone 5 lbs

I was gobsmacked when she said I was 14.2 I thought I was 13.2 so have 4 stone to lose rather than three !!! Aghhhhh Anyway looking forward to catching up later.

Added you in Supermum, wishing you all the luck in the world:D

hey NoworNever, fantastic weight loss, well done you! Do you remember how we felt when you first posted this thread? Amazing huh?

Tootsie
Start Date - 4th Jan 2007
Start Weight - 13st 3.5lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - Being weighed tonight
Now or Never
Start Date - 28th December 2006
Start Weight - 15st 11 lbs
Goal Weight - 10 st
Week 1 - 8 lbs loss
(day 12 now, 1 st loss in total)
Amanda Jayne
Start date: 28th August 2006
Start weight: 17 stone 13 lbs
Current weight: 12 stone 7 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone 13 lbs (subject to change
Skinnyminny
Start date 4th Jan
Start Weight 14st 4lbs
Goal Weight 8st (maybe a little ambitous but will see how it goes - want to be a skinny minny again)
Day 7 being weighed tonight!!!!!!
Mindless
Start Date - 8th Jan 2007
Start weight - 25st 7llbs
Goal Weight - 14st 4llbs
Week 1 - Being weighed Monday 15th Jan
Clucks
Start Weight - 12st 3lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - I'm being weighed Thu but it'll only be 4 days in as started bit late due to allowing nicotine withdrawl to bed in first. My weigh in will be every Thu & its 6pm class xxx
Joh117
Start Date - 2nd Jan 2007
Start Weight - 14st 7lbs
Goal Weight - 9st 7lbs
Week 1 - 10lbs loss
Stardreamer
Pixie
Start date: 6th Dec 2006 (but had 2 weeks off over xmas!)
Restart date: 7th Jan 2007
Start weight: 14 stone 10.5lbs
Current weight: 14 stone 2.5 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone (but 9.5 if I can make it!)
Week 1 - 9 llbs loss
Tubby
Ponseta
Startdate: 2nd January 2007
Start weight: 20st 3.5lbs
Goal weight:10st
Week 1: 14.5lbs
Nce1
Slinkytobe
Startdate: 8 January 2007
Start weight: 19st4lbs (Oh no! Can't believe I'm the heaviest on here!!)
Goal weight:10st (Phew!) :eek:
Week 1: Being weighed Tuesday
Fallenangel
Weeowobbles
Elsa
Start Date - 9 January 2007
Start Weight - 16 stone 7.5lb
Goal Weigh <10 stone
Week 1: Only on Day 2 so far but despite my concerns drinking the water has not been a problem.
Lilypad
Start Date - 9th Jan 2007
Start Weight - 14st 2lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - 5llbs at first drop in
Kitty
Goombagirl
Start date: Jan 14
Start weight: 13 st 03 lbs
Goal weight: 9 st (ish)
Week 1: weigh in Sunday 21st
Slimslow
Start date: 5th January
Start Weight: 18st 6lbs
Current Weight: 17st 13lbs (is this right?)
1st Goal to be 14 stone - then work from that
Week 1 - 7llbs loss
Supermum

Thanks for that AmandaJayne,
That makes me feel more positive and focused. i have been tempted may a time as the easy thing is to give up eat, but i will stay focused as this is promising. What do u and all the others recommend i do i am starting my water aerobic tonight rather nervous but keen. Will post more later when i get home.

Tootsie
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Now or Never
Goal Weight - 10 st
Week 1 - 8 lbs loss
Amanda Jayne
Skinnyminny
Start date 4th Jan
Start Weight 14st 4lbs
Goal Weight 8st (maybe a little ambitous but will see how it goes - want to be a skinny minny again)
Mindless
Goal Weight - 14st 4llbs
Clucks
Start Weight - 12st 3lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - I'm being weighed Thu but it'll only be 4 days in as started bit late due to allowing nicotine withdrawl to bed in first. My weigh in will be every Thu & its 6pm class xxx
Joh117
Start Weight - 14st 7lbs
Goal Weight - 9st 7lbs
Week 1 - 10lbs loss
Stardreamer
Pixie
Current weight: 13 stone 8.5 lbs
Week 1 - 9 llbs loss
Tubby
Ponseta
Nce1
Slinkytobe
Fallenangel
Weeowobbles
Elsa
Goal Weigh <10 stone
Week 1: Only on Day 2 so far but despite my concerns drinking the water has not been a problem.
Lilypad
Start Weight - 14st 2lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Kitty
Goombagirl
Slimslow
Week 1 - 7llbs loss
Supermum

Just quick update!
x

Tootsie
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Now or Never
Goal Weight - 10 st
Week 1 - 8 lbs loss
Amanda Jayne
Skinnyminny
Start date 4th Jan
Start Weight 14st 4lbs
Mindless
Goal Weight - 14st 4llbs
Clucks
Start Weight - 12st 3lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Joh117
Start Weight - 14st 7lbs
Goal Weight - 9st 7lbs
Week 1 - 10lbs loss
Stardreamer
Pixie
Week 1 - 9 llbs loss
Tubby
Ponseta
Nce1
Slinkytobe
Fallenangel
Weeowobbles
Elsa
Goal Weigh <10 stone
Lilypad
Start Weight - 14st 2lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Kitty
Goombagirl
Slimslow
Week 1 - 7llbs loss
Supermum

Just quick update!
x

Dear All,

Just got back from my weigh in, I have put my updated stats below for inclusion in the next update

Mindless
Current Weight - 24st 5lbs
Goal Weight - 14st 4llbs
Week 1 - 16lb loss - next weigh in 22 Jan

I am a tad chuffed at the numbers.

Have a good evening all.

Mindless

hiya all
Back from my first Aqua Aerobics class ... that was rather fun but i left my swimming cap Never mind. It was good and i felt really cheerful whilst doing it. Apparentl that was the easy class i will be back thursday to the tougher class. Been alright didnt really think of food much didnt drink as much only had about 2litres today. I really dont want to gotothe loothrough out thenight so i will drink swigs tonight and only when thirsty. (got up 6 times last night and wokeup exhausted.)

Does the TOM cause you to be heavier,
Does this diet give you gas
Does exercise help you lose more weight on this diet.
What helps with not sagging after loosing alot of weight
is the weight loose in arrears (last weeks faults count on my next weigh in or is it the week counts as you go)

hope someone can help answer these

Cheers sleep well

K

Hiya Pixie, Congrats on the 9llbs, thats amazing:D

Mindless, I have updated the list with your superb 16llbs weigh loss, well done!!!:D

Tootsie
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Now or Never
Goal Weight - 10 st
Week 1 - 8 lbs loss
Amanda Jayne
Skinnyminny
Start date 4th Jan
Start Weight 14st 4lbs
Mindless
Current weight - 24st 5llbs
Goal Weight - 14st 4llbs
Week 1 - 16llbs
Clucks
Start Weight - 12st 3lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Joh117
Start Weight - 14st 7lbs
Goal Weight - 9st 7lbs
Week 1 - 10lbs loss
Stardreamer
Pixie
Week 1 - 9 llbs loss
Tubby
Ponseta
Nce1
Slinkytobe
Fallenangel
Weeowobbles
Elsa
Goal Weigh <10 stone
Lilypad
Start Weight - 14st 2lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Kitty
Goombagirl
Slimslow
Week 1 - 7llbs loss
Supermum

from my diary - Day 13

OMG I had such a horrible evening last night.

Was feeling great and positive all day yesterday until about 5 o'clock then the sh*t really hit the fan.

I have a 9 and a half year old daughter, who is starting to "grow up", if you know what i mean. It has been really noticable in the last 10 days or so that her attitude is getting worse. She has always been such a lovely little girl and I am always (since she could speak) getting comments on how sociable and polite she is, something that I hold very dear to me is manners and she never let me down. This has all changed very dramatically.
We had our first screaming match last night, something I am not proud of, but she just pushed all the wrong buttons. Eventually I managed to get her into her room and told her to stay there until bed time. i went down stairs and all I wanted to do was eat!!! (I think I have found my first trigger!!) I made my husband and daughter a steak and ale pie the night before and there was half left in the fridge, it was actually talking to me, so was the cheese:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Luckily I had two foodpacks to go so had some soup, this didn't help!!.

I just sat on my own and thought "I am going to listen to my body!" I realised I wasn't hungry at all but I just so wanted to eat and eat and eat.......

Hubby came in and I just couldn't talk to him (unusual for us) I just said I am having a bath and going to bed!! Had my bath, had a hot choc shake and went to bed with my book.

I woke up this morning feeling so proud of myself that I didn't cave in and feel like i have got over 1 hurdle, my first real realisation as to why I eat.....

She made a big deal of apologising to me this morning and says she can't control what is coming out of her mouth, she says the last person she wants to upset is me and doesn't understand why she is doing it.

We have had the hormone chat as her boobs are starting to grow. I have made the decision, along with hubby, to give her evening primrose oil to see if that helps, it helps me! Do you think this is O.K?

Anyway, scales were really kind to me this morning, don't normally weigh myself but felt like i had lost loads when i woke up, this cheered me up!!

Will be double posting this on the LL starters thread too.

Have a good day all and if you could answer the oil question I would really apreciate it.

Hi Tootsie, I'm afraid I know nothing about evening primrose oil but I do know about children! I have 2 boys, 12 and 13, and there is a lot of testosterone floating around the house. I really want things to be calm around me but they are both a bit off colour and quite volatile so it's not easy. It sounds like your daughter is lovely and really self aware - I'm sure she'll learn to control her mood swings soon. My boys are in the grunting phase (not all the time thank goodness!) so I think I'm just going to have to grit my teeth. At least they can articulate their feelings some of the time.

Glad the scales are giving good feedback anyway and well done for not listening to the pie and cheese. I had a dream about Camembert last night!

Thanks Goombagirl, nice to know I am not alone.

My OH said that he was horrible at about 11 to 14 and his mum used to give him Royal Jelly and Zinc supplements, he said it worked!!;)

Its not easy is it? I am not the most patient person and my daughter and I are so alike, I am really scared we are going to clash big time. One of my goals is to improve relationships by being more patient and listen more but I just can't stand bad manners, it's my biggest bug bear with anyone!!!:eek:

Anyway, how are you doing, apart from the cheesy dreams?:D

OMG I had such a horrible evening last night................

I woke up this morning feeling so proud of myself that I didn't cave in and feel like i have got over 1 hurdle, my first real realisation as to why I eat.....

Have a good day all and if you could answer the oil question I would really apreciate it.

Tootsie,

Well done and be proud of not giving in last night. You only really know how focused and determined you are (the right mind set) when you are tested.

You were and came through with flying colours - magic!!!

Keep it going and shout it out to us all - cos here is a place to do 'Proud'

Hi tootsie,

I work with young people with challenging behaviour as they are now called i personally call them hormonal.

Just set the boundaries and dont entertain negative or inappopriate behaviour, but give alot of love, show love and shower love.

You'll be ok and give be faithful to your one true love.... yourself.

My trigger was also a shouting, mood swing thing with my partner. He thinks that this diet has made me very.... all over the place.

Good lick ans well done for realising you are not hungry just angry and wanting.

K

Hi Toots

Sorry not been pn much last day or tow been on another interview!!!!

Just wanted to add my congrats for firstly identifying a trigger and working through it. Fantastic.

As for your daughter, I am afraid I cannot provide anyhting helpful as my son is 2 - just getting into the terrible twos phase:eek: :eek: :eek:.

However I was a total horror when I was growing up, or as my mum refers, since I got my first spot!!! She even referred me to a educational psychologist as she was at the end of her tether!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

From memory I can remember that I was always in a "mood" about something and that if I was left alone to work it through I would. However my mum & I are very alike also and she just seemed to press the wrong buttons with me, but one good thing at least your daughter apologised and is trying to understand her behaviour, I was far too proud to say sorry to my mum.

Stick with it, keep your cool and as slimslow said, don't tolerate the negative behaviour but make sure she knows you are there for her. This can be quite a challenge at times!!!

On the positive side, I turned out really well, got a good job and a settled and steady home life and a fantastic relationship with my mum now, ok I may have eaten far too may pies, but hey no-ines perfect lol.

I am sure it will ok in the end - just hang on in there.

xx

Back