LL STARTERS IN JANUARY 2007

Hi everyone

.............To be honest I am still struggling with the packs & water and have finding it so hard to have enough. I am trying but I cannot seem to get them all down as I am not hungry at all.

3 week weigh in tonight - so quite excited but prepared for a small loss as have done quite well this last 2 weeks..........................

Know what you mean about struggling to get the packs down (water not a problem always drank like a fish - and that was a PROBLEM!!).

Rationalise that this is effectively controlled starvation and what allows it to work is the mineral/vitamin balance so force myself to take the packs. Its why I switched from 2 doups a day to one as the prep time sometimes seems 'so much effot', whereas the shake - wam bam thank you mam - its done and dusted.

As to being prepared for a small loss - who knows, this week I really didn't feel any physical change and I did an 11 pounder.

I think/hope you may be surprised and delighted.

So keep shrinking like you think I am - goes to show people, - you stick to the plan,you WILL lose weight.

Mess about and reap the consequences.

Good luck

So keep shrinking like you think I am - goes to show people, - you stick to the plan,you WILL lose weight.

Mess about and reap the consequences.

Good luck

I stuck to the plan by the letter but only managed a 2lb loss in week 3. I drink on average 6 litres of water and I exercise. So it is possible to only have a small loss even when doing everything right. However I only used to manage 1/2lb at WW so it is still a good loss compared to other diets

Jo

3rd week blues

It took all the strength I had and that of my hubby to stop me from raiding the fridge for an all out binge session - I think I have found my first trigger - DEPRESSION.

Skinnyminney I know just what you mean. I've just entered the third week myself and am struggling. I've got a few issues at work that are stressing me out and I Keep wanting to treat myself with food to make myself feel better:( . I've resisted so far and it's good to know I'm not alone.:)

But good news - my 2nd week weigh was 4lbs down so thats' 11.5lbs so far.:D Toots - could you update me please.

Well done to everyone so far but a particular mention to Mindless (WoW) and AmandaJayne (whoppee).

Its great to share our successes and our temptations!

Hi Elsa, great to see you and well done on the 4llbs, it feels so good dosn't it?:D :D Stats updated below........

Tootsie
Start Date - 4th Jan 2007
Start Weight - 13st 3.5lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - 9.5llbs
Week 2 - 4.5llbs:D
Total so far - 14llbs
Now or Never
Start Date - 28th December 2006
Start Weight - 15st 11 lbs
Goal Weight - 10 st
Week 1 - 8 lbs loss
(day 12 now, 1 st loss in total)
Amanda Jayne
Start date: 28th August 2006
Start weight: 17 stone 13 lbs
Current weight: 11 stone 12 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone 13 lbs (subject to change
Week 1 - management 2lbs lost:D
Skinnyminny
Start date 4th Jan
Start Weight 14st 4lbs
Goal Weight 8st (maybe a little ambitous but will see how it goes - want to be a skinny minny again)
Week 1 - 9.5llbs
Week 2 - 6.5llbs:D
Total so far - 16llbs
Mindless
Start Date - 8th Jan 2007
Start weight - 25st 7llbs
Current weight - 24st 5llbs
Goal Weight - 14st 4llbs
Week 1 - 16llbs
Week 2 - 11lbs
Weight loss so far - 27lbs

Clucks
Start Weight - 12st 3lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - I'm being weighed Thu but it'll only be 4 days in as started bit late due to allowing nicotine withdrawl to bed in first. My weigh in will be every Thu & its 6pm class xxx
Joh117
Start Date - 2nd Jan 2007
Start Weight - 14st 7lbs
Goal Weight - 9st 7lbs
Week 1 - 10lbs loss
Week 2 - 5llb loss
Week 3 - 2 lbs
Total loss to date - 17llbs:D
Stardreamer
Pixie
Start date: 6th Dec 2006 (but had 2 weeks off over xmas!)
Restart date: 7th Jan 2007
Start weight: 14 stone 10.5lbs
Current weight: 13 stone 3 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone (but 9.5 if I can make it!)
Week 1 - 9 llbs loss
Week 2- 5.5lbs loss
Total lost- 22lbs.
Tubby
Ponseta
Startdate: 2nd January 2007
Start weight: 20st 3.5lbs
Goal weight:10st
Week 1: 14.5lbs
Week 2: 6.25llbs
Total of 1.5 stones in 2 weeks! Am so chuffed!:D :D :D
Nce1
Slinkytobe
Startdate: 8 January 2007
Start weight: 19st4lbs (Oh no! Can't believe I'm the heaviest on here!!)
Goal weight:10st (Phew!) :eek:
Week 1: 5.5llbs :D

Week 2: 7.0 lbs:D :D :D
Total loss so far - 12.5llbs:D :D :D
Fallenangel
Weeowobbles
Elsa
Start Date - 9 January 2007
Start Weight - 16 stone 7.5lb
Goal Weigh <10 stone
Week 1: 7.5llbs
Week 2: 4 llbs
Lilypad
Start Date - 9th Jan 2007
Start Weight - 14st 2lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - 8llbs :D
Week 2- 2llbs :D
Kitty
Goombagirl
Start date: Jan 14
Start weight: 13 st 03 lbs
Goal weight: 9 st (ish)
Week 1: 7llbs:D :D
Slimslow
Start date: 5th January
Start Weight: 18st 6lbs
Current Weight: 17st 13lbs (is this right?)
1st Goal to be 14 stone - then work from that
Week 1 - 7llbs loss
Week 2 - 4llbs loss
Total lost so far - 11llbs:D :D
Supermum
Start date: 10 January
Start weight: 14stone 2 lbs
Current weight: 13 stone 9 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone 5 lbs
Week 1 - 10llbs:D :D
Virgogirl
Start Date: 17th January
Start Weight: 15st 2lbs
Goal Weight: 10st 7lbs
Kitty
Start Date 18th January
Start Weight 13st5lb
Goal Weigh 8st10

3lbs (It think??)

Hi everyone, just a quick update before I go to bed!!

Lost another 3lbs today - well I say that, my LLC works it out in KG so based on her conversions she says it is 3lbs.

Really pleased as it seems to be coming off really well and to lose 19lbs in 3 weeks is great. :D :D :D :D :D
Anyway thrilled to bits so off to bed as am soooooo tired!!!

Hey toots how did you do??

Speak soon
xx

Hello, forgive me if I do this wrong, I am new and nervous ! Anyway, I am Victoria, 36, live in Ash (near Guildford/Farnham) day 1 on LL is tomorrow and I am terrified !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to get to know everyone better over the next 100 days (and beyond), thanks for reading.x.

You are most welcome Victoria. Don't be nervous about starting LL, you'll meet other people at the meeting just like you. And of course, you can come here and post messages or just read them!

I remember back in August I felt 'nervous anticipation' at doing LL. It was all so strange - I'd never done anything remotely like it before. Of course, there was the added complication that it is such a restrictive weightloss programme that it will take over your daily life completely.

There are so many other variables to take into account; family attitudes; work; social life; holidays. Other 'normal' diets are usually much less restrictive.

Sorry, I am assuming you have done the rounds with the different diets on the market!

If you want advice, mine would be commit yourself to the 100 days of abstinence.

Don't 'cheat' (that is, eat real food for any reason) - you just cheat yourself, give yourself a bigger mountain to climb, take longer to achieve your goal (costing you more money), and make life more difficult than it has to be.

Do your homework (yes there is homework).

Drink the water (all of it).
T
The benefits of following the programme faithfully will be getting to where you want to be quickly and feeling bloody good about it. You will feel empowered and confident about the next step - Management.

I've just begun Management today. You can read my thread (I can't remember what I called it - AJ something ...). Hopefully it will be entertaining and informative.

To sum up, LL is the easiest and most difficult weighloss programme I've ever done. It has also been the most rewarding. The counselling has been crucial to my success. I have learned and am still learning a lot about myself, my behaviours and my real choices in life.

Good luck with your meeting.

AmandaJayne

Thank you SO much. Without going into detail I had the worse day to have my first meeting and with no adult back up (hubby is away) was wondering what I had got myself into. I am very grateful for your wise words and will follow your advice. Tomorrow will be hard but I am in more of a positive frame of mind after reading your reply. Btw, well done on your achievements, even though I have only started posting today, I have been an avid 'reader' on here for weeks !!!! .x.

Toots, would you update my stats please:

Virgogirl
Current Weight: 14st 7lbs
Week 1: 9lbs

thank you :D

Hi everyone
i went to my first LL meeting Toots can you put my stats up please

Start date:25th of January
Start weight: 15st 5lbs
Goal Weight: 11 st

Thank you

Hello all

Another 5 pounds off !!!!! Yeee haaaaa so I am at 15 pounds loss only another 38 to go !!!! Looking forward to seeing the 12s :p

My stats are below

Supermum
Current weight: 13 stone 1 lbs
Week 1 - 10lbs
Weeke 2 - 5lbs

Morning all and welcome Catwoman, good luck with the 1st day of the rest of your "slim & healthy" life!!!

Nice to see you Nce1, good luck to you too.

Well it's another 3.5 off for me this week and 9 inches:D :D :D :D I am so chuffed with this as TOTM started yesterday too!!!

Well done Skinny, what are star you are:D :D :D and Supermum, congrats:D :D :D :D

Virgogirl, 9 llbs is a massive amount, fantastic, well done.:eek:

Well done to everyone, we are all going great guns, by sticking together there is no end to what we can acheive!!!!

stats updated below
Tootsie
Start Date - 4th Jan 2007
Start Weight - 13st 3.5lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - 9.5lbs
Week 2 - 4.5lbs:D
Week 3 - 3.5lbs
Total so far - 17.5llbs:D :D
Now or Never
Start Date - 28th December 2006
Start Weight - 15st 11 lbs
Goal Weight - 10 st
Week 1 - 8 lbs loss:D
(day 12 now, 1 st loss in total)
Amanda Jayne
Start date: 28th August 2006
Start weight: 17 stone 13 lbs
Current weight: 11 stone 12 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone 13 lbs (subject to change
Week 1 - management 2lbs lost:D
Skinnyminny
Start date 4th Jan
Start Weight 14st 4lbs
Goal Weight 8st (maybe a little ambitous but will see how it goes - want to be a skinny minny again)
Week 1 - 9.5llbs:D :D
Week 2 - 6.5llbs:D :D
Week 3 - 3.0lbs:D :D
Total so far - 19llbs
Mindless
Start weight - 25st 7llbs
Current weight - 24st 5llbs
Goal Weight - 14st 4llbs
Week 1 - 16llbs:D :D :D
Week 2 - 11lbs:D :D :D
Weight loss so far - 27lbs

Clucks
Start Weight - 12st 3lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - I'm being weighed Thu but it'll only be 4 days in as started bit late due to allowing nicotine withdrawl to bed in first. My weigh in will be every Thu & its 6pm class xxx
Joh117
Start Date - 2nd Jan 2007
Start Weight - 14st 7lbs
Goal Weight - 9st 7lbs
Week 1 - 10lbs loss:D :D
Week 2 - 5llb loss:D :D
Week 3 - 2 lbs:D
Total loss to date - 17llbs:D
Stardreamer
Pixie
Start date: 6th Dec 2006 (but had 2 weeks off over xmas!)
Restart date: 7th Jan 2007
Start weight: 14 stone 10.5lbs
Current weight: 13 stone 3 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone (but 9.5 if I can make it!)
Week 1 - 9 llbs loss:D :D
Week 2- 5.5lbs loss:D :D
Total lost- 22lbs.
Tubby
Ponseta
Startdate: 2nd January 2007
Start weight: 20st 3.5lbs
Goal weight:10st
Week 1: 14.5lbs:D
Week 2: 6.25llbs:D
Total of 1.5 stones in 2 weeks! Am so chuffed!:D :D :D
Nce1
Start date:25th of January
Start weight: 15st 5lbs
Goal Weight: 11 st
Slinkytobe
Startdate: 8 January 2007
Start weight: 19st4lbs (Oh no! Can't believe I'm the heaviest on here!!)
Goal weight:10st (Phew!) :eek:
Week 1: 5.5llbs :D

Week 2: 7.0 lbs:D :D :D
Total loss so far - 12.5llbs:D :D :D
Fallenangel
Weeowobbles
Elsa
Start Date - 9 January 2007
Start Weight - 16 stone 7.5lb
Goal Weigh <10 stone
Week 1: 7.5llbs:D :D
Week 2: 4 llbs:D :D
Lilypad
Start Date - 9th Jan 2007
Start Weight - 14st 2lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - 8llbs :D
Week 2- 2llbs :D
Kitty
Goombagirl
Start date: Jan 14
Start weight: 13 st 03 lbs
Goal weight: 9 st (ish)
Week 1: 7llbs:D :D
Slimslow
Start date: 5th January
Start Weight: 18st 6lbs
Current Weight: 17st 13lbs (is this right?)
1st Goal to be 14 stone - then work from that
Week 1 - 7llbs loss:D
Week 2 - 4llbs loss:D
Total lost so far - 11llbs:D :D
Supermum
Current weight: 13 stone 9 lbs
Week 1 - 10lbs:D :D
Week 2 - 5lbs:D :D
Total so far - 15lbs:D :D
Virgogirl
Week 1 - 9lbs :D :D
Kitty
Start Date 18th January
Start Weight 13st5lb
Goal Weigh 8st10

Well done toots - fantastic loss this week!!!:D :D :D

PS Anyone heard from Clucks - not heard from her lately????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: or have I just missed her posts?????

Hope she is hanging on in there.

x

Hi to everyone
I have had my consultation, got my doctor's letter signed and impatiently waiting for a new class to start!! Does anyone have any advice for the period before starting LL which might make it less painful when I get going. At the moment just doing the emptying cupboards and last supper routine which I am sure is just making things worse!!

Skinny, she has not been about. I keep looking to see if she is logged on but not seen her. Hope she is doing O.K. If you are reading this Clucks, come back, we miss you!!!!!!

So Skinny, you on top of the world today like me? I am buzzing I have to say. Put a pair of trousers on for work this morning, not worn them for years and they FIT!!! Yay:D :D :D

Tootsie 17.5lbs BLIMEY !!

Well done !! I think that much in three weeks is amazing, I would be well chuffed if I were you ! :) I am hoping to lose at least three pounds a week but if I manage more then all the better. That does seem a tad optimistic as at the mo am just starting day one and haven't even had a pack yet !! Although I have had 1 litre of water already. BTW, where in Surrey are you - if you don't mind me asking ? Catwoman.x.

Hi Jackie

Welcome aboard!! try and cut down on your carbs and up your water intake to 4 litres a day. This will help with the withdrawal during the first week. I had far too many last suppers and felt dreadful in my 1st week.Good luck honey xxxx:)

Thanks Catwoman, yes I am dead chuffed!!! I live near Guildford, out in the sticks!!!

You should easily lose 3llbs a week if you average it out. Sometimes you will lose more, others times less but mathmatically you will lose the the 3 lbs a week. Your being optimistic yes but also realistic which is a great frame of mind to be in.

We are all only 2-3 weeks in so the first few day (which can be horrible for some) are still fresh in our minds so if you need help and support or want to share your sucess, just shout!!!!

Hi toots,

I have been looking for Clucks on other posts and last one was about a week ago & she was not doing so good.

So Clucks if you are out there - get back in touch & we can help you through the crisis you are going through.

On a separate note, am feeling great I am now in the 12's which is a great feeling and like you am starting to fit into clothes that I couldn't before. (my wardrobes sizes range from a size 8 to 18 & the 18's were becoming a struggle) :eek: So I already have a range of clothes to fit me through the programme :D !!!!!!

Also weirdly, my watch is looser around my wrist and my shoes are loser around my ankles - strange where this darned fat lodges itself & even stranger the places where you loose it!!!!

I will be honest though, I am not getting much from the actual councelling :( :( . I am not finding the TA helpful in understanding why I overeat & binge - I think I knew the reasons anyway. It may be the style of the LLC she does not seem too confident in speaking infront of the group and often has to refer to notes to fully explain the concepts which does not come across too well. How do you find it?

I do however value the group support and an genuinely interested in how everyone is doing and supporting each other each week - that is really positive.

Anyways am raring to go this week and have promised myself to uo the water (my stick is very dark) and to up the excersise this week (weather permitting) as I always feel better about myself when I have been for a good brisk walk

x

Bet we're nearly neighbours !!

Tootsie (like the film ?) I too am not far from Guildford - Ash to be precise. Thank you for your encouraging words. I will be watching everyones progress with eager anticipation. Must say that I can't really imagine getting through a week let alone 14 but one day at a time.x.:)

Back