LL STARTERS IN JANUARY 2007

Its really funny you should mention the watch, I said to my OH last night that I may have to get a link taken out of mine!!!!!

Our LLC is pretty stern and we only really started anything like councelling last night, obviously the TA stuff too. She did have to keep refering to notes! I guess they have so many groups at different stages in the programme so the notes keep them on track as to what they have been through or not as the case may be. I guess the further down the line we go the more things will click in to place!! Our LLC said there were some really good books about TA on the market, I may inveat allst in one!!

I am really up for it this week. I have noticed that i am no longer thinking about food at all and taking it all in my stride which I am so pleased about. They say it takes 21 days to form a habit or break one and we are on day 22!!!!!

i will keep looking out for Clucks. I did PM her last week and had a reply, but thats the last I have heard!!

have a good day honey xxx

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on here for a while so I thught I would update you all.

I am on the last day of my fourth week today and my loss is 2 stone exactly! I have found it ok so far, but have to confess that this was my most difficult week. A few nights this week I have fallen asleep dreaming of a chip sandwich!

I can't control it - everytime I lose concentration on whatever I am doing, this clear as day image appears in my mind of a thick, tomato sauce covered chip sandwich. HELP!

Going out of my mind at moment, as when I am not thinking about THAT sandwich, I am planning all the restaurants that I am going to eat in when I am off this thing!

Don't get me wrng, 2 stone is amazing, and I am starting to wear different clothes as my "old faithfuls" are all too big now. I still have at least another 2 stone to go, so if it comes off as quick as the first two I won't be complaining.

Don't mean to winge, but soooo hungry! (well not hungry exactly, more craving).

You are all doing so well, keep it up everybody - we will do this.

Helen xxx

Well done Helen. Two stone in four weeks - fantastic result.

This sounds like a bad case of 'crookedthinkingitis'. Four weeks in, good result, a bit complacent, a bit bored, seeing the next ten weeks stretching out in front consisting of more of the same. Packs, packs, packs and more packs.

Have you been talking about thought records at your meetings? I know that in other posts I do keep going on about them, but they really helped me to fight back against the crooked thinking.

When my mates went out on the town to eat and drink, I tagged along and drank water and ate nothing. It could have potentially been a recipe for disaster and a triumph for the 'crooked thinking' devil inside me.

Surprisingly I did enjoy myself and have a great time. Why, because before I went out I did a thought record and wrote down everything I was feeling, getting a new perspective on the situation. Deferred gratification - going through difficulties or discomfort in order to gain something really important to you. Like passing your driving test, or exams. Thought records help to focus you on what you really want. It's not actually that chip butty, it's ahealthy attitude to food.

What is REALLY eating you Helen? Do a thought record to find out.

Good luck.

Hi Now or Never

Great to hear from you, you are doing so well, look at you, 2 stone down in 28 days, thats a whopping 1lb a day!!!!!

Chip butties are EVIL and NASTY, their one aim in life is to taunt and tempt you. Don't give in to them, don't let them have their wicked way with you:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Reward yourself everytime you think of the dreaded butty but don't sucome!!!!

Take it easy honey

Tootsie
Start Date - 4th Jan 2007
Start Weight - 13st 3.5lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - 9.5lbs
Week 2 - 4.5lbs:D
Week 3 - 3.5lbs
Total so far - 17.5llbs:D :D
Now or Never
Start Date - 28th December 2006
Start Weight - 15st 11 lbs
Goal Weight - 10 st
Week 1 - 8 lbs loss:D
Week 2 - ?
Week 3 - ?
Week 4 - ?
Total loss so far - 28lbs (an amazing 2 stone:D :D )
Amanda Jayne
Start date: 28th August 2006
Start weight: 17 stone 13 lbs
Current weight: 11 stone 12 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone 13 lbs (subject to change
Week 1 - management 2lbs lost:D
Skinnyminny
Start date 4th Jan
Start Weight 14st 4lbs
Goal Weight 8st (maybe a little ambitous but will see how it goes - want to be a skinny minny again)
Week 1 - 9.5llbs:D :D
Week 2 - 6.5llbs:D :D
Week 3 - 3.0lbs:D :D
Total so far - 19llbs
Mindless
Start Date - 8th Jan 2007
Start weight - 25st 7llbs
Current weight - 24st 5llbs
Goal Weight - 14st 4llbs
Week 1 - 16llbs:D :D :D
Week 2 - 11lbs:D :D :D
Weight loss so far - 27lbs

Clucks
Start Weight - 12st 3lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - I'm being weighed Thu but it'll only be 4 days in as started bit late due to allowing nicotine withdrawl to bed in first. My weigh in will be every Thu & its 6pm class xxx
Joh117
Start Date - 2nd Jan 2007
Start Weight - 14st 7lbs
Goal Weight - 9st 7lbs
Week 1 - 10lbs loss:D :D
Week 2 - 5llb loss:D :D
Week 3 - 2 lbs:D
Total loss to date - 17llbs:D
Stardreamer
Pixie
Start date: 6th Dec 2006 (but had 2 weeks off over xmas!)
Restart date: 7th Jan 2007
Start weight: 14 stone 10.5lbs
Current weight: 13 stone 3 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone (but 9.5 if I can make it!)
Week 1 - 9 llbs loss:D :D
Week 2- 5.5lbs loss:D :D
Total lost- 22lbs.
Tubby
Ponseta
Startdate: 2nd January 2007
Start weight: 20st 3.5lbs
Goal weight:10st
Week 1: 14.5lbs:D
Week 2: 6.25llbs:D
Total of 1.5 stones in 2 weeks! Am so chuffed!:D :D :D
Nce1
Start date:25th of January
Start weight: 15st 5lbs
Goal Weight: 11 st
Slinkytobe
Startdate: 8 January 2007
Start weight: 19st4lbs (Oh no! Can't believe I'm the heaviest on here!!)
Goal weight:10st (Phew!) :eek:
Week 1: 5.5llbs :D

Week 2: 7.0 lbs:D :D :D
Total loss so far - 12.5llbs:D :D :D
Fallenangel
Weeowobbles
Elsa
Start Date - 9 January 2007
Start Weight - 16 stone 7.5lb
Goal Weigh <10 stone
Week 1: 7.5llbs:D :D
Week 2: 4 llbs:D :D
Lilypad
Start Date - 9th Jan 2007
Start Weight - 14st 2lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - 8llbs :D
Week 2- 2llbs :D
Kitty
Goombagirl
Start date: Jan 14
Start weight: 13 st 03 lbs
Goal weight: 9 st (ish)
Week 1: 7llbs:D :D
Slimslow
Start date: 5th January
Start Weight: 18st 6lbs
Current Weight: 17st 13lbs (is this right?)
1st Goal to be 14 stone - then work from that
Week 1 - 7llbs loss:D
Week 2 - 4llbs loss:D
Total lost so far - 11llbs:D :D
Supermum
Start date: 10 January
Start weight: 14stone 2 lbs
Current weight: 13 stone 9 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone 5 lbs
Week 1 - 10lbs:D :D
Week 2 - 5lbs:D :D
Total so far - 15lbs:D :D
Virgogirl
Start Date: 17th January
Start Weight: 15st 2lbs
Goal Weight: 10st 7lbs
Week 1 - 9lbs :D :D
Kitty
Start Date 18th January
Start Weight 13st5lb
Goal Weigh 8st10

Hi Vicky
Great weight loss for a stop in. I had mine to day but my LLC didnt weigh any of us but having met up with the rest of the group its been really motivating.

Thats fantastic Vicki and i planned to take it easy thru the detox dizzy spells and all. post how you got on for the rest of your week.

Good luck

I've just read the posts and remember feeling the same when I started LL, it was all so new and unkown, but I felt positive and excited because I knew it was the start of something special.

I was a size 22/24 when I started on 24th August 2006. Today I am size 14 (although I bought a size 12 trouser suit yesterday!).

I replaced my avator with a new one, a picture my daughter took of me yesterday after I'd been shopping. It's me in a new evening dress for my hols. A size 14, a really fitted size 14, at that! The old one - of me last summer on holiday; well, I won't look like that any more!

I feel grateful to myself for finally taking the plunge and starting LL, and for continuing it 100% throughout the holidays and Christmas, attending all the meetings and sticking to it 100%. Doing the Management now I'm still in the same frame of mind. If I cheat, I just cheat myself. I am eating real food now (just one meal a day at the moment), but I am teaching myself new habits at the same time. Listen to your body - stop when you are feeling full. Eat slowly - savour every bite. Think like a slim person - what would they do? - this is a long-term strategy.

Keep the faith new LLers. There will be sticky weeks ahead when for example, you are put under stress for many different reasons, and you will feel a desire to make yourself feel better by eating something or having a drink. Or you may not lose much that week (especially compared to others at the meeting), and that can be demoralising). But this is YOUR journey - and you will learn to value yourself!

I look forward to hearing about next weeks' meeting!

Everyone - I was just looking at the last list Tootsie posted of our weight loss. It's really inspiring that we all losing that sort of weight. The list is just getting longer and longer too. I do struggle some days with cravings but I keep imagining how much better it will all taste when I am slim!! That keeps me going. I won't be going for my official weigh in tomrrow coz of a work thing - but I'll jump on the scales at home to get an idea but I know I've lost 2lbs this week already.

Hi,

Can I join in??

I'm starting on Tuesday. Feeling a bit surreal, guess although I know I have weight to lose, I've not really accepted it on some level yet. Does that make sense?

Am expecting the first week to hurt, as whenever I have 'detoxed' in the past, it really has. Other than that I have no idea what to expect, just have a vision of me spending the time I'm doing LL in bed with no energy, feeling awful!

Maxie

Hi MaxieP and welcome to the thread! IMHO you've made a really positive decision to do LL! I've just finished 2 weeks so am not an expert but I'm so glad I'm doing this diet - I feel I am going to get back to how slim I was before the children and stay that way. The first week can be hard (think I got off quite lightly) but getting that big weight loss at the end of it feels great:D :D. Yes, I'm going to bed earlier but that's no hardship for me as I like sleeping. My energy levels haven't really altered - just need an hour extra asleep. This site is great for motivation - if you have a problem/question there will be someone who has experienced the same one/knows the answer. As they say on here it's worth cutting the carbs and upping the water before you start - makes 1st week a bit easier.

Tootsie, I can report a 5 lb loss this week:D :D :D :D :D. We had a good session too - the group is starting to gel.

:D WOW,WOW,WOW AJ, you look fantastic and look at that smile on your face:D :D :D Thanks you so much for that last post, it's so inspirational. i had such a bad weekend, to come online and read that this morning has given me just what I needed this morning.:jelous:

Great to hear from you Elsa, looks like you are doing really well. Don't forget to let us know how you get on at your next weigh in, shame it's not this week! Work does tend to get in the way a bit on this diet dosn't it:eek:

Welcome, welcome MaxieP, great to have you on board. Let me know what you stats are when you start and I will add you to the list no problem:D

Bluddy Fantastic Goombagirl, :D :D your rocking and rolling now. i know what yu mean about the sleep. i can't get enough of it at the moment!!!:eek:

Just thought I would total up what we have all lost so far, a whopping 234.25lbs AMAZING:D :D Well done everyone, lets go for it this week!!!!

Tootsie
Start Date - 4th Jan 2007
Start Weight - 13st 3.5lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - 9.5lbs
Week 2 - 4.5lbs:D
Week 3 - 3.5lbs
Total so far - 17.5llbs:D :D
Now or Never
Start Date - 28th December 2006
Start Weight - 15st 11 lbs
Goal Weight - 10 st
Week 1 - 8 lbs loss:D
Week 2 - ?
Week 3 - ?
Week 4 - ?
Total loss so far - 28lbs (an amazing 2 stone:D :D )
Amanda Jayne
Start date: 28th August 2006
Start weight: 17 stone 13 lbs
Current weight: 11 stone 12 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone 13 lbs (subject to change
Week 1 - management 2lbs lost:D
Skinnyminny
Start date 4th Jan
Start Weight 14st 4lbs
Goal Weight 8st (maybe a little ambitous but will see how it goes - want to be a skinny minny again)
Week 1 - 9.5llbs:D :D
Week 2 - 6.5llbs:D :D
Week 3 - 3.0lbs:D :D
Total so far - 19llbs
Mindless
Start weight - 25st 7llbs
Current weight - 24st 5llbs
Goal Weight - 14st 4llbs
Week 1 - 16llbs:D :D :D
Week 2 - 11lbs:D :D :D
Weight loss so far - 27lbs

Clucks
Start Weight - 12st 3lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - I'm being weighed Thu but it'll only be 4 days in as started bit late due to allowing nicotine withdrawl to bed in first. My weigh in will be every Thu & its 6pm class xxx
Joh117
Start Date - 2nd Jan 2007
Start Weight - 14st 7lbs
Goal Weight - 9st 7lbs
Week 1 - 10lbs loss:D :D
Week 2 - 5llb loss:D :D
Week 3 - 2 lbs:D
Total loss to date - 17llbs:D
Stardreamer
Pixie
Start date: 6th Dec 2006 (but had 2 weeks off over xmas!)
Restart date: 7th Jan 2007
Start weight: 14 stone 10.5lbs
Current weight: 13 stone 3 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone (but 9.5 if I can make it!)
Week 1 - 9 llbs loss:D :D
Week 2- 5.5lbs loss:D :D
Total lost- 22lbs.
Tubby
Ponseta
Startdate: 2nd January 2007
Start weight: 20st 3.5lbs
Goal weight:10st
Week 1: 14.5lbs:D
Week 2: 6.25llbs:D
Total of 1.5 stones in 2 weeks! Am so chuffed!:D :D :D
Nce1
Start date:25th of January
Start weight: 15st 5lbs
Goal Weight: 11 st
Slinkytobe
Startdate: 8 January 2007
Start weight: 19st4lbs (Oh no! Can't believe I'm the heaviest on here!!)
Goal weight:10st (Phew!) :eek:
Week 1: 5.5llbs :D

Week 2: 7.0 lbs:D :D :D
Total loss so far - 12.5llbs:D :D :D
Fallenangel
Weeowobbles
Elsa
Start Date - 9 January 2007
Start Weight - 16 stone 7.5lb
Goal Weigh <10 stone
Week 1: 7.5llbs:D :D
Week 2: 4 llbs:D :D
Lilypad
Start Date - 9th Jan 2007
Start Weight - 14st 2lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - 8llbs :D
Week 2- 2llbs :D
Kitty
Goombagirl
Start date: Jan 14
Start weight: 13 st 03 lbs
Goal weight: 9 st (ish)
Week 1: 7llbs:D :D
Week 2 : 5lbs:D
Total so far - 12lbs:D :D :D
Slimslow
Start date: 5th January
Start Weight: 18st 6lbs
Current Weight: 17st 13lbs (is this right?)
1st Goal to be 14 stone - then work from that
Week 1 - 7llbs loss:D
Week 2 - 4llbs loss:D
Total lost so far - 11llbs:D :D
Supermum
Start date: 10 January
Start weight: 14stone 2 lbs
Current weight: 13 stone 9 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone 5 lbs
Week 1 - 10lbs:D :D
Week 2 - 5lbs:D :D
Total so far - 15lbs:D :D
Virgogirl
Start Date: 17th January
Start Weight: 15st 2lbs
Goal Weight: 10st 7lbs
Week 1 - 9lbs :D :D
Kitty
Start Date 18th January
Start Weight 13st5lb
Goal Weigh 8st10

Hi Everyone

Well, how did we get here????? Almost 4 weeks, almost 1 month and I have got through another weekend.

I still need to up my water intake, I have now thankfully got into a routine with my packs which is making them easier to get down and I feel better and more full of engery as a result.

I have stated thinking about excersise more :)eek: :eek: what is happening to me) and want to start building up my fitness levels whilst I feel I have this energy. So I am looking into joining a gym to see how that works, it will be a struggle as I have no time at the moment, but I really want to have a regular fitness regime that I will continue on long after I reach my goal weight - I want to be able to keep up with my 2 yr old!!!

One thing I want to say is that I have never got this far with any diet without cheating - so for me this is an achievement and an affirmation that this is the right diet for me, I have learned that I will not die without food and actually life is much simpler without it. Don't get me wrong I envy AJ (in a nice way) that she is eating salmon :jelous: I love salmon!!!! But I am no longer obsessing and am resisting the urge to binge - like I used to.

This site, for me has saved me in so many ways (I have said it before so sorry for the repetition) you are all so inspirational and reading all of your stories has given me the motivation and the vision to see this through.

How was your wkend toots, not too good?? Sending lots of Cyber hugs your way :D :D xx

Hi, I have been reading this thread for a while and decided to bite the bullet and join LL. I started on Saturday and havent found it soo bad! I think reading everyones comments on food packs and flavours etc. psyched me up for anything! Day 1 was...different, lol. Tried the mushroom soup as crisps and I was positively digusted :eek: . Day 2 was a struggle...felt faint, clumspy, weak and tired, but it was bearable and the packs actually started to taste good! Day 3 - I feel so energised! Had the chocolate shake with some peppermint in it and I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised :) ...The water has been the hardest to get to grips wiv, but I think its a small price to pay for longterm happiness!...Just been offered some fruit tea by a work colleague, didnt want to come across ungrateful so I've taken it...but I think I'll secretly stick to my peppermint tea!! lol;)

Well thats me starting on day 5. Been feeling much better, not so dizzy. Still not up to quite 4ltrs a day but trying so hard. I haven't found it as hard as I thought I would, so thats good.Taking 1 day at a time. I am self weighing and I know I shouldnt, but its not really to see if I have lost more weight, its more to see that its the lightest i've been in a while to keep me motivated. My husband been so great, making up my milkshakes for me and makin me take them even when I don't feel like them. So far so good. Only worries i've been having are my mums wedding and the eating thing in March i've said to her I will take a day off and eat at the meal but feeling guilty to myself for saying that. Anyway I'll think about that nearer the time. How is everyone else getting on this week?

Hey Snugglezzz,

I am glad you decided to write, its been keeping me going through the week writing on here and reading what other people have been doing and how they've been coping. I like the gallery is great looking at the before and after pics.

Hiya Skinny, ditto to everything you have said above. Can't quite believe we are that this stage already!!
Bit of a crap weekend really.

It all started on Friday, don't know if you read my "adult messages" thread, but from there it went from bad to worse. :cry:

We were supposed to leave for birmingham at about mid day on Friday, left at about 6.00 Didn't want to drink to much because of the journey so water intake on Friday was not good. We got to Birmingham at about 9.00 and went straight to this womans house that I have never met. She then got the wine and nibbles out, it was hard to refrain, but I did. I was soooooo cold as had travelled up in someones elses car and couldn't have heating on full blast as the others were getting to hot. They then all decided to go out for a Curry, I love curry!!)I told them I didn't want to go with them so they dropped me of at my hotel thank god!!Got to my hotel room about 10.00, having only had a shake at 7.00 that morning and a bar at 12.00 mid day. Put the kettle on to make a shake and decided to have a hot shower while kettle was boiling, water was cold!!!! had a hot choc and went to bed with every availble sheet, cover, socks jumper, you name it, and was still freezing.:cry:

The exhibition was rubbish and again was freezing all day. We left Birmingham about 6.30 and all I wanted to do was get home. After about 30 mins on motorway the guys wanted to stop. We went into the service station and sat there while they tucked into Burger King and kentucky. Have to say I wasn't even tempted as it just looked greasy and disgusting. i just wanted to get home and cuddle up on sofa in front of a roaring fire with my hubby.

I don't think I have ever been so cold in my life and I am still feeling it now. i only had 3 packs on Fri and Sat as no time for any more, think this may be why i am feeling so rough.

really wanted a glass of wine yesterday as had cooked roast for family and parents, even got so far as to pouring one for myself but then gave it to my dad!! i have taken today off as I feel crap, cold, tired and fed up with everything.

i know it all sounds a bit petty but a bit confused as to why I feel so down. Diet is going well, I am losing weight, looking forward to weigh in but just feel really bad.:jelous:

think I need to give myself a kick up the backside and sort myself out. Going to see the nuse this morning to have m BP etc checked then I think I am going to go back to bed with my book!!:wave_cry:
really sorry about the rambling on, once I get started I just can't stop!!!:sigh:

Sorry Skinny and everyone else. how you all doing????

Back