LL STARTERS IN JANUARY 2007

Quote:"
Just been offered some fruit tea by a work colleague, didnt want to come across ungrateful so I've taken it..."

Hia Snugglezzz,

Your comment struck a chord with me, I used to be like that, always trying not to 'offend' other people to my own detriment.

Over the next few weeks you will learn about asserting YOUR needs - not in a negative, offensive way - but quietly and confidently. The next time your colleague offers you a fruit tea, you can suggest she try one of your lovely mint ones!

You will be tested a lot more over the next few weeks like that. It is difficult to assert your needs at first (in adult* mode), but it is part of the learning process which you will be able to apply to all other areas of your life - your work, social, home, etc.

*Transactional Analysis - parent, adult, child!

Quote: "Only worries i've been having are my mums wedding and the eating thing in March i've said to her I will take a day off and eat at the meal but feeling guilty to myself for saying that."

Can I say the same to you, Vicki - there will be lots of testing times (the wedding, for example) and you will need to be strong and assertive to protect YOUR needs and requirements.

This wedding is much more than just food. It is a wonderful celebration with special friends and relatives. You CAN stay abstinent. If you do, you will NOT regret it. Your mum loves you and wants the best for you, she will understand if you explain to her how important this is to you. KEEP THE FAITH!

Toots, sorry you're feeling lousy. Have you done a thought record? Better still, have a browse through this site. It is so full of wisdom, advice and never ceases to give me a lift when I feel fed up! I am wondering whether you are at the "Oh gosh, I have XX weeks ahead of me, and I feel fed up. I can't get warm, the packs are boring, I want to eat, I can't do all the things I used to enjoy any more, like eating out with friends/colleagues.

One of the things which helps me is to write things down, either on paper or here on the site!

Just been offered some fruit tea by a work colleague, didnt want to come across ungrateful so I've taken it..."

Hia Snugglezzz,

Your comment struck a chord with me, I used to be like that, always trying not to 'offend' other people to my own detriment.

Over the next few weeks you will learn about asserting YOUR needs - not in a negative, offensive way - but quietly and confidently. The next time your colleague offers you a fruit tea, you can suggest she try one of your lovely mint ones!

You will be tested a lot more over the next few weeks like that. It is difficult to assert your needs at first (in adult* mode), but it is part of the learning process which you will be able to apply to all other areas of your life - your work, social, home, etc.

*Transactional Analysis - parent, adult, child!

Quote: "Only worries i've been having are my mums wedding and the eating thing in March i've said to her I will take a day off and eat at the meal but feeling guilty to myself for saying that."

Can I say the same to you, Vicki - there will be lots of testing times (the wedding, for example) and you will need to be strong and assertive to protect YOUR needs and requirements.

This wedding is much more than just food. It is a wonderful celebration with special friends and relatives. You CAN stay abstinent. If you do, you will NOT regret it. Your mum loves you and wants the best for you, she will understand if you explain to her how important this is to you. KEEP THE FAITH!

Toots, sorry you're feeling lousy. Have you done a thought record? Better still, have a browse through this site. It is so full of wisdom, advice and never ceases to give me a lift when I feel fed up! I am wondering whether you are at the "Oh gosh, I have XX weeks ahead of me, and I feel fed up. I can't get warm, the packs are boring, I want to eat, I can't do all the things I used to enjoy any more, like eating out with friends/colleagues.

One of the things which helps me is to write things down, either on paper or here on the site!

Hi Everyone

Well, how did we get here????? Almost 4 weeks, almost 1 month and I have got through another weekend.

I still need to up my water intake, I have now thankfully got into a routine with my packs which is making them easier to get down and I feel better and more full of engery as a result.

I have stated thinking about excersise more :)eek: :eek: what is happening to me) and want to start building up my fitness levels whilst I feel I have this energy.

I know - I am at the end of week 3 and I was surprised when my countdown thingy showed I was in the 70's in terms of days to go. What the heck happened to the 80's.

Like you I am becoming exercise focused and have done a couple of sessions (did a lot last year - fittest fat bloke around I was!) and its amazing how quick strength and stamina build up.

Good luck and hers to moving on (down)

Hi, I have been reading this thread for a while and decided to bite the bullet and join LL. I started on Saturday and havent found it soo bad! I think reading everyones comments on food packs and flavours etc. psyched me up for anything! Day 1 was...different, lol. Tried the mushroom soup as crisps and I was positively digusted :eek: . Day 2 was a struggle...felt faint, clumspy, weak and tired, but it was bearable and the packs actually started to taste good! Day 3 - I feel so energised! Had the chocolate shake with some peppermint in it and I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised :) ...The water has been the hardest to get to grips wiv, but I think its a small price to pay for longterm happiness!...Just been offered some fruit tea by a work colleague, didnt want to come across ungrateful so I've taken it...but I think I'll secretly stick to my peppermint tea!! lol;)

Hey Snugglezzz,

Welcome - this is a great place - we have all been (are going) through what you are.

Believe you me, it gets better as you sort out the likes and dislikes - I can only stand 2 of the soups (Veg and Thai Chilli - rest make me heave) but apart from that and the infamous Nut Chew (ha - whoever managed to chew one of those) - the rest are okay and sufficient enough to mix and enjoy. The chew bars help and I was so glad to get onto them in Week 2 - the need to chew was overpowering almost.

As for the fruit tea - AJ makes a great point about how to handle that and most people do respect what you wish - some are just plain idiots and this just flushes the idiots out.

Good luck an dkeep posting if you worry about what you are going through - highly unlikely that someone here hasn't had the same experience and that helps so much to make you thik you are not ploughing a lonely furrow

Well thats me starting on day 5. Been feeling much better, not so dizzy. Still not up to quite 4ltrs a day but trying so hard. I haven't found it as hard as I thought I would, so thats good.Taking 1 day at a time. I am self weighing and I know I shouldnt, but its not really to see if I have lost more weight, its more to see that its the lightest i've been in a while to keep me motivated. My husband been so great, making up my milkshakes for me and makin me take them even when I don't feel like them. So far so good. Only worries i've been having are my mums wedding and the eating thing in March i've said to her I will take a day off and eat at the meal but feeling guilty to myself for saying that. Anyway I'll think about that nearer the time. How is everyone else getting on this week?

Congratulations on keeping going - it does get easier - my second week was easier and my third week has been easier still. I don't think of food so much and you will find it comes to you - mind you sniffing food does help (and put my kids off their Tea - LOL. Roast Lamb got the Snifferama treatment yesterday - don't recommend it in a Restaurant, but at home, what the heck.

As for the wedding - don't worry yourself about that yet. As AJ says, if your mum can see what progress you are making (by March she should cos if you stick to plan, you will have lost quite a bit) she won't want you to break that for her - in fact she will be so proud of you for sticking to it.

But, don't worry about it - give it another 4 weeks before turning your mind to it.

Hiya Skinny, ditto to everything you have said above. Can't quite believe we are that this stage already!!
Bit of a crap weekend really.

.......................... Diet is going well, I am losing weight, looking forward to weigh in .......................

think I need to give myself a kick up the backside and sort myself out................

Hey Tootsie,

As I say above I can't agree more with you and Skinny as to how did we get here already, but hey, good sign for getting through eh?

You must be the only person I know who wants to kick themself up the backside for sticking to the diet through a crap weekend with multiple trials and tribulations and still losing weight !!!!!!!!!

(I do know what you mean though - but there are so many more positives to focus on that if you do that especially if you have remained true to the plan during the hard times, then you will soon pick up. It is a show of great strength to keep true through such pressure/stress and so many fall off at these points and then can't get back on.

Much respect to you - I look up to people like you who can overcome such pressures.

Thanks for the incentive and role model (ha - now you daren't slip off track - nothing worse than a bunch of admirers:D )

Hia Snugglezzz,

AJ - as one who has stuck to the plan and hit where they want to get to - you can speak as one who has done it.

I have done the assertion 'adult' style at work and at customers which was not such a problem as they understood when I explained.

I so relate to the wedding issue although when I had a banquet this week (5 courses, multiple intoxicating liquors etc), I chose (with LLC agreement) not to stay on plan. We devised a coping strategy that worked and I got straight back on plan. So guilty of taking a conscious blip - and only the scales tonight will show whether it was damaging or not.

I was lucky, in that I had the control to get through it - although I was scared witless I wouldn't have.

Hey Toots

I know how you feel about being low, I have too had those days (usually weekends). Don't be too hard on yourself though, you ARE doing GREAT and you are a fantastic inspiration to me & your posts and positive messages help keep me on the straight & narrow.

By the sounds of things you have overcome lots of different tempations and my hat goes off to you, it is sooooo hard sometimes to sit there whilst others are tucking into food around you and I empathise with the wine, I really do miss my wine!!

I don't know about you, but sometimes other people eating does not bother me, and other times it really does bother me. I can't work it out.

Anyway, today is Monday a start to a new week. Set yourself some goals and work towards them. You can do, & you will do it.

PS...... NO apologies needed for rambling on, I have rambled on to you long enough, that's what we are all here for.

Chin up hun, soon be wednesday & another week under our belts.

xx

Hey Toots

I know how you feel about being low, I have too had those days (usually weekends). Don't be too hard on yourself though, you ARE doing GREAT and you are a fantastic inspiration to me & your posts and positive messages help keep me on the straight & narrow.

By the sounds of things you have overcome lots of different tempations and my hat goes off to you, it is sooooo hard sometimes to sit there whilst others are tucking into food around you and I empathise with the wine, I really do miss my wine!!

I don't know about you, but sometimes other people eating does not bother me, and other times it really does bother me. I can't work it out.

Anyway, today is Monday a start to a new week. Set yourself some goals and work towards them. You can do, & you will do it.

PS...... NO apologies needed for rambling on, I have rambled on to you long enough, that's what we are all here for.

Chin up hun, soon be wednesday & another week under our belts.

xx

hey Skinny, thank you sooooo much for that post.

Have to admitt it has bought a tear to my eye, 1st time on LL by the way!!!!:cry:

It really weird but I don't have a issue with food at all. I can cook it, watch people eating and even watch my favorite chefs on TV. it's a mind thing with me. I get cross because I am in this situation in the first place and I am jealous of those around me who don't have to think about what they put in their mouths. Think I am just having a bad few days!!

I am going to set myself a goal this week and that is not to take everything so seriously and to smile at every opportunity!!!!

Thanks again Skinny, your a doll!!!!

Hiya Mindless, thanks you so much, you always know the right things to say!!

Hey Tootsie,

As I say above I can't agree more with you and Skinny as to how did we get here already, but hey, good sign for getting through eh? Cant quite belive how the days are ticking by, the first week seemed do long and now we are counting weeks and not days.

You must be the only person I know who wants to kick themself up the backside for sticking to the diet through a crap weekend with multiple trials and tribulations and still losing weight !!!!!!!!! yeah I know, silly isn't it, going to have a bath in a mo and SORT MYSELF OUT BEFORE MY GORGEOUS HUBBY GETS HOME !!!!!!

(I do know what you mean though - but there are so many more positives to focus on that if you do that especially if you have remained true to the plan during the hard times, then you will soon pick up. It is a show of great strength to keep true through such pressure/stress and so many fall off at these points and then can't get back on.

Much respect to you - I look up to people like you who can overcome such pressures.

Thanks for the incentive and role model (ha - now you daren't slip off track - nothing worse than a bunch of admirers:D )all I can say is :cry: :cry: :cry: thats lovely, never been called a role model before. I WILL STAY TRUE TO MYSELF AND TO YOU GUYS. WE ALL DESERVE IT!!!!!

Thanks again babe..................

"Oh gosh, I have XX weeks ahead of me, and I feel fed up. I can't get warm, the packs are boring, I want to eat, I can't do all the things I used to enjoy any more, like eating out with friends/colleagues.

Hi AJ, is it O.K to call you AJ?

I think you have hit the nail on the head there!! I am thinking of Birthdays, Theatre trips and my social life with mates. I am jealous!!!! Just keep telling myself, this is such a short period out of my life and it will be so worth it.

Thanks you so much, you truly are amazing!!!:D

Hi,

Thanks for the nice welcome. Right now, it's so inspirational to see that people are sticking with it. I'm excited for my own journey, but scared I might not make the 100 days - it seems so daunting.

Mindless - where abouts are you? Do you have your mtg on Monday at 7pm? If so, I might see you as it's my first one tonioght!

Thanks gain - Tootsie, I shall post my stats when I get back.

Maxie

All the very best of luck Maxie, go get em!!!!! (the packs that is:D )

Quote: "Hi AJ, is it O.K to call you AJ?"

Hun, you can call me AJ any time! It's quicker to type!

Whenever a social occasion came up (mine and my family's four Birthdays are within 3 weeks in November!), meals out, particularly Christmas and New Year, I told myslf "Ok, THIS year you will stay abstinent, but NEXT year you'll be slim, healthy and gorgeous and automatically make good choices for YOU.

It's called DEFERRED GRATIFICATION and it's my favourite saying!

Hello
Just found this site and it seems excellent. Would love to join in.
Joined LL on Saturday 13 January - lost 7 lbs in first week and then 8 lbs this last week. Not finding it bad at all, except I seem to have loads of free time and am wondering what to do with myself now I don't need to cook etc!

Hey Tootsie,

Not sure if you are now the official keeper of the scrolls - if not my apologies - it is late and my mind is shot (crap day all round).

Could you (or whoever is official Keepr of records) please update my progress.

Mindless
Start Date - 8th Jan 2007
Start weight - 25st 7llbs
Current weight - 24st 5llbs
Goal Weight - 14st 4llbs
Week 1 - 16lbs:D :D :D
Week 2 - 11lbs:D :D :D

Week 3 - 04lbs:sigh:
Weight loss so far - 31lbs

Mind you - if this is a bad week, bring them on !!

Mindless, you didn't update your current weight!

Mindless
Current weight - 24st 5lbs 23st 4lbs
Goal Weight - 14st 4llbs

Amazing loss, you're going great guns!

Hi all, hope everyone is doing O.K?

Welcome aboard Rachris and well done on your first two weeks, you must be thrilled!!! let me know your stats and I will add them to the list...........:D

Mindless, fantastic loss this week, well done. 31lbs in 3 weeks is amazing, I would be doing the cha-cha (badly) if that was me:eek: I am more than happy to update stats, it give me great pleasure to see how well everyone is doing:D

good luck today everyone!!!!!!

Tootsie
Start Date - 4th Jan 2007
Start Weight - 13st 3.5lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - 9.5lbs
Week 2 - 4.5lbs:D
Week 3 - 3.5lbs
Total so far - 17.5llbs:D :D
Now or Never
Start Date - 28th December 2006
Start Weight - 15st 11 lbs
Goal Weight - 10 st
Week 1 - 8 lbs loss:D
Week 2 - ?
Week 3 - ?
Week 4 - ?
Total loss so far - 28lbs (an amazing 2 stone:D :D )
Amanda Jayne
Start date: 28th August 2006
Start weight: 17 stone 13 lbs
Current weight: 11 stone 12 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone 13 lbs (subject to change
Week 1 - management 2lbs lost:D
Skinnyminny
Start date 4th Jan
Start Weight 14st 4lbs
Goal Weight 8st (maybe a little ambitous but will see how it goes - want to be a skinny minny again)
Week 1 - 9.5llbs:D :D
Week 2 - 6.5llbs:D :D
Week 3 - 3.0lbs:D :D
Total so far - 19llbs
Mindless
Current weight - 24st 5llbs
Goal Weight - 14st 4llbs

Clucks
Start Weight - 12st 3lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - I'm being weighed Thu but it'll only be 4 days in as started bit late due to allowing nicotine withdrawl to bed in first. My weigh in will be every Thu & its 6pm class xxx
Joh117
Start Date - 2nd Jan 2007
Start Weight - 14st 7lbs
Goal Weight - 9st 7lbs
Week 1 - 10lbs loss:D :D
Week 2 - 5llb loss:D :D
Week 3 - 2 lbs:D
Total loss to date - 17llbs:D
Stardreamer
Pixie
Start date: 6th Dec 2006 (but had 2 weeks off over xmas!)
Restart date: 7th Jan 2007
Start weight: 14 stone 10.5lbs
Current weight: 13 stone 3 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone (but 9.5 if I can make it!)
Week 1 - 9 llbs loss:D :D
Week 2- 5.5lbs loss:D :D
Total lost- 22lbs.
Tubby
Ponseta
Startdate: 2nd January 2007
Start weight: 20st 3.5lbs
Goal weight:10st
Week 1: 14.5lbs:D
Week 2: 6.25llbs:D
Total of 1.5 stones in 2 weeks! Am so chuffed!:D :D :D
Nce1
Start date:25th of January
Start weight: 15st 5lbs
Goal Weight: 11 st
Slinkytobe
Startdate: 8 January 2007
Start weight: 19st4lbs (Oh no! Can't believe I'm the heaviest on here!!)
Goal weight:10st (Phew!) :eek:
Week 1: 5.5llbs :D

Week 2: 7.0 lbs:D :D :D
Total loss so far - 12.5llbs:D :D :D
Fallenangel
Weeowobbles
Elsa
Start Date - 9 January 2007
Start Weight - 16 stone 7.5lb
Goal Weigh <10 stone
Week 1: 7.5llbs:D :D
Week 2: 4 llbs:D :D
Lilypad
Start Date - 9th Jan 2007
Start Weight - 14st 2lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Week 1 - 8llbs :D
Week 2- 2llbs :D
Kitty
Goombagirl
Start date: Jan 14
Start weight: 13 st 03 lbs
Goal weight: 9 st (ish)
Week 1: 7llbs:D :D
Week 2 : 5lbs:D
Total so far - 12lbs:D :D :D
Slimslow
Start date: 5th January
Start Weight: 18st 6lbs
Current Weight: 17st 13lbs (is this right?)
1st Goal to be 14 stone - then work from that
Week 1 - 7llbs loss:D
Week 2 - 4llbs loss:D
Total lost so far - 11llbs:D :D
Supermum
Start date: 10 January
Start weight: 14stone 2 lbs
Current weight: 13 stone 9 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone 5 lbs
Week 1 - 10lbs:D :D
Week 2 - 5lbs:D :D
Total so far - 15lbs:D :D
Virgogirl
Start Date: 17th January
Start Weight: 15st 2lbs
Goal Weight: 10st 7lbs
Week 1 - 9lbs :D :D
Kitty
Start Date 18th January
Start Weight 13st5lb
Goal Weigh 8st10

I started Jan 8th 2007

Good Morning

Just found this forum and thought i would say a quick hello. I started lighter life on jan 8th and have found it to be a fantastic way of losing weight.

I Lost 16lb first week
8lb second week
12lb this week

Thats 36 pound or 2 Stone 8lbs.

I am chuffed to bits. I have enjoyed reading all the comments and will be back

Peter

Hi Peter, your loss is amazing, well done you!!!!

if you want to join in post your stats and i will add you to list!!

Well done again and welcome aboard!!!!

Hi Skinny

better thanks hun, had a compliment last night!! " I have to say you are looking very trim". This from the last person in the world I thought would say something. Shows how wrong you can be about people some times!!!

I still can't get warm and it is wearing me out!!

Really not enjoying work at the moment, hence why I am spending so much time on here, and the fact that i love it here!!!

I have just received some information from LL and I am looking at a complete career change. I WANT TO BE A LLC!!!! The more i think about it, the more I want to do it.

There is a big finnancial commitment which I will need to get help with and 2 years of studying, thats fine by me. I feel really motivated by the prospect of doing it!!!!!

how you doing today?

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi toots

Ok today, think I am getting a cold & I feel like I want to curl up in bed, but can't cos I have clients this afternoon :mad: :mad: .

I swear to god, we must be telepathically connected or something as I was only thinking about being an LLC last week (clearly not done anything about it though - have too much on my plate at the moment - doing a psychology degree, working full time & have a 2yr old!!!!).

But I genuinley think it would be something I would be good at. Anyways from the little time I have "known" you, I personally think it is a fantatstic idea. I think the main attribute you need to be able to do something like that is the ability to inspire people & you have that in abundance.

Also you should be able to have empathy..... What can I say - I am describing YOU!!!!!!!.

My LLC, as nice as she is does not have those core elements and I don't think she has had a weight problem in her life (although she says she does). It is all about perception I guess.

Is it very expensive??? I would imagine that the earning potential would be massive though???

Oh I am so excited for you:D :D :D :D

There is nothing worse than doing a job you do not enjoy (I should know) and it is even worse when you feel you cannot find other options, so when something hits you its is so exciting - that is why I started my psyc degree - I just want to do something to help people who are "broken" in some way.

This diet changes in life in more ways that we can imagine.

Go for it!! You will be fantastic.:D

Hi Tootsie and everyone. Just logged on to catch up. I was reading your post about enjoying updating our stats and thinking to myself, "She'd be a really good LLC." then what should I read a few posts later...!!? Go for it - I think it would suit you down to the ground. You have a real gift for encouraging people and come across as a very warm person. I think you'd be brilliant at helping people like us!

Manged to get warm by taking the dog for a long walk up a steep hill but the fingers are icing up again. Can't wait for bedtime and my electric blanket! At least it's a tangible proof that fat is being burned. Keep going everybody - the amount of weight being lost on this thread is phenomenal.:)

Back