LL STARTERS IN JANUARY 2007

Hi everyone

Hope you are all well, I am a bit stressed today, have an exam later for my Psych degree and my mind is a total blank!

I cannot concentrate and all I can think of (yes you guessed it) FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although not in the obsessive out of control way of last week (going to start calling it Blue Tuesday - cos it always seems to be on Tuesday)!!!!

I got offered another job today, which is good & bad, good cos the company is great & a companyI really want to work for as there are lots of opportunities, but the downside is that I have to start off in a training position which will be between 3 & 6 months with no guarantee that there will be anything I want at the end of it. The pay whilst training is a huge drop from mny current salary so I am really confused about what to do.

Do I go for long term potential or immediate gain.....mmmmmm:confused: :confused: :confused:

Realistically I can afford to take a drop in pay, but am peeved about it, I worked long & hard for years to get to the level I am and I feel It was for nothing if I take a step back now, but then the opportunities in my current role are not there so in the long term it is probably the sensible thing to do............. Iam rambling now - I know!

Anyway that will have to be tomorrows problem - right now I have an exam to revise for & cannot seem to make my notes make sense & am scared I will not be able to write anything at all AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH:sigh:

Hi Slim

Don't feel too bad 1lb off is in the right direction & if it is TOTM that will also have an effect.

I know it is a bit annoying when the scales don't seem to make sense - if you do not eat anything then it is simple maths - you simply have to lose weight!!! Why the scales do not show that is beyond me!

Try to enjoy your trip away - you soud like you are going to be quite active, that could also slow your weight loss down - you a perhaps building muscle if you have been training at the gym.

A girl in our group who excersised alot in one week put 1lb on!!!!! Despite stickiing to the packs - the following week though she lost 6lbs - so it all works out in the end.

Take care

February starter- can I tag along?

Hi All you lovely people,
I started Lighter Life on 12th Feb and have been lurking here ever since getting my inspiration from all of you- thank you!
:grouphugg:

So 15 days have come and gone and I am 15 pounds lighter- 9.5 in the first week and 5.5 last week and I am happy happy happy to be on this diet :D :D I even like all of the shakes (sorry!).

So instead of just lurking I'd like to join in now and hopefully give back some of the encouragement I have been getting from y'all- I'm a knockin will you let me in?

Hi there & welcome

This is such a great site & you of course welcome to join as you will have already found out the support here is fab, I was obsessed with this site in the first few weeks.

Good luck with your journey, it is great seeing the weight come off isn't it. Long may it continue!

x

Hi there hippoellie, welcome to the only tool (except will power) you will need!!!!! This site is fantastic and you will find all answers to all questions you have somewhere on here. Good luck and I lookk forward to hearing about your journey...

Skinny, thought you were revising? lol:D

Thanks! I have been following all your adventures in VLCD- its like a soap opera but much better- and much happier on the whole!

I too have been obsessed with this site- must....get...back...to...work :eek:
Kathy

I know I know I know - I am sooo bored with it now & cannot concentrare :( :( :( :(

x

Week 7 update

Another week gone by and another 3lbs off. I've updated my stats below. I've got my fingers crossed I can make the 2 stone next week before my class mates hit the 3 stone mark (some of them are close):jelous: It's weird I'm jealous and proud of them all in one go. I seem to have a great group - only 1 has dropped out so far - and the class is always such a laugh.

Elsa
Start Date - 9 January 2007
Start Weight - 16 stone 7.5lb
Goal Weigh <10 stone
Total 25lbs in 7 weeks

Hi Elsa

Well done on the weight loss - fantastic result.

My weigh in tomorrow hoping its a good one!!

x

hi all
only 1lb off this week - but Ok about that as 8.5 last week so know that it's the average over all the weeks that counts (mind you ask me in a few weeks if I keep doing 1lb!)

really good laugh at class last night and I got opportunity to ask counsellor loads of questions, so it was a good evening and low weight loss did not get me down, so fingers crossed will keep positive.

well done to everyone else who lost this week.

update to stats =

New Me
Start Date - 22 Jan 07
Start Weight - 15 stone
Current weight - 13.4 stone
Goal Weight - 11.6 stone
Total 24lbs in 5 weeks :D

Just got in from class and am exstatic I wanted 2 1/2 stone off and I am nearly to the 3 stone mark!!!!!

Here is my update

Joh117
Start Date - 2nd Jan 2007
Start Weight - 14st 7lbs
Goal Weight - 9st
Week 1 - 10lbs loss:D :D
Week 2 - 5lbs loss:D :D

Week 3 - 2 lbs:D
Week 4 - 7lbs

Week 5 - 2.2lbs
Week 6 - 3.0lbs
Week 7 2lbs loss
Week 8 6lbs lost
Total 38lb lost

Well done everyone on your losses

Jo

hey guys

ive had my meeting tonight another8 pounds off cant believe it that 1 stone 3pound in 2 weeks how cool

excelent news about all your loses keep it up x x x

Hia Toots!

Guess what ... I lost the final 2 lbs tonight so am now officially AT GOAL!!!

Can you update the stats please, perhaps in the following format (to save space!).

AmandaJayne
Reached Goal Weight (7 stone lost)
Maintaining from March 2007

Hi Everyone

Well exam last night was not so bad,surprised at how much I knew about marxist feminism when I got going LOL.

Anyway weigh in tonight, secretly hoping for 4lbs off - so fingers crossed - would really love to make it to 6lbs as this would mean I have lost 3 stone in total, but doubt that will happen - 4lbs seems to be my thing, in any case as long as it is down I will be happy.

I feel great this morning - Tuesdays are very bad for me - not sure why. I work in a different office on Tuesdays & it is cold and lonely and I hate it, I have a lot of time on my hands on Tuesday (hence the revising) so perhaps it is the boredom that allows my thoughts to turn to food.

I am collecting recipes for when I am able to eat again, nice healthy ones, which I am currently trying out on my family - hubby not best pleased as he does not like healthy food! I told him it was tough & this is the way things are going to be from now on. Fingers crossed he & my 2 year old do not join forces & gang up on me, it is hard enough getting him to eat veg at the best of times! LOL

Anyway Have a great day everyone, catch you later!
x

Thanks Angela!

Skinnyminny, I collected lots of recipes too!

I always found that the real problem when cooking though was not being able to taste things when adding herbs/spices/seasoning. Curry was a particular problem. I had no idea whether it was too bland or too spicy!

WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!

Check out all these amazing losses this week, bluddy marvellous, keep up the good work!!!!!

AJ - I am over joyed for you..In terms of final weight loss goals you are there hun, now raise your arm and pat yourself on the back as much as you like. You should be so so proud of yourself - you are my inspiration:D :D :D

Well done Lily, you are doing so well. Make sure you reward youself this week......

Fantastic loss gemski, well done you..Over 1 lb a day this week, superb stuff. Do you want to let me have your stats and I will add them to this inspirational list...

Jo, 6lbs in week 8 is awsome honey, well done. How are the clothes fitting now?:confused:

Congrats New-me, almost 10lbs in 2 weeks is fantastic, well done!

Well done Elsa!! Nearly at the 2 stone mark, bet that feels good?

Everyone is doing so well, do you realise we have lost between us all an whopping 763.75lbs thats 54.5 stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad the exam went O.K Skinny and so so chuffed you are almost back to your old self..how you feeling about tonight?

Good luck everyone this week xxxxxx

Tootsie
Start Date - 4th Jan 2007
Start Weight - 13st 3.5lbs
Current weight - 10.st 13.5lbs
Goal Weight - 10 stone
Total-32llbs in 7weeks
Now or Never
Start Date - 28th December 2006
Start Weight - 15st 11 lbs
Goal Weight - 10 st
Total- 28lbs
Amanda Jayne
Start date: 28th August 2006
Start weight: 17 stone 13 lbs
Reached Goal Weight 27 Feb 2007(7 stone lost)Maintaining from March 2007
Goal weight: 10 stone 13 lbs

Skinnyminny
Start date 4th Jan
Start Weight 14st 4lbs
Goal Weight 8st
Total-36lbs in 7weeks
Mindless
start date - 8th Jan 2007
Start weight - 25st 7lbs
Goal Weight - 14st 4llbs
Total-53lbs in 7 weeks
Joh117
Start Date - 2nd Jan 2007
Start Weight - 14st 7lbs
Goal Weight - 9st 7lbs
Total 38lbs in 8 weeks
Pixie
Start date: 6th Dec 2006 (but had 2 weeks off over xmas!)
Restart date: 7th Jan 2007
Start weight: 14 stone 10.5lbs
Current weight: 12 stone 7 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone (but 9.5 if I can make it!)
Total lost- 32.5lbs in 7 weeks
Ponseta
Startdate: 2nd January 2007
Start weight: 20st 3.5lbs
Goal weight:10st
Total 20.75 in 2 weeks
Nce1
Start date:25th of January
Start weight: 15st 5lbs
Goal Weight: 11 st
Total - 14lbs in 2 weeks
Slinkytobe
Startdate: 8 January 2007
Start weight: 19st4lbs (Oh no! Can't believe I'm the heaviest on here!!)
Goal weight:10st (Phew!) :eek:
Total - 20.5llbs in 4 weeks
Elsa
Start Date - 9 January 2007
Start Weight - 16 stone 7.5lb
Goal Weigh <10 stone
Total 25lbs in 7 weeks

Lilypad
Start Date - 9th Jan 2007
Start Weight - 14st 2lbs
Current Weight - 12st 3lbs
Goal Weight - 9 stone 7lbs
Total 29.5in 7 weeks
Goombagirl
Start date: Jan 14
Start weight: 13 st 03 lbs
Goal weight: 9 st (ish)
Total 31bs in 6 weeks
Slimslow
Start date: 5th January
Start Weight: 18st 6lbs
Current Weight: 17st 13lbs (is this right?)
1st Goal to be 14 stone - then work from that
Total 21llbs in 6 weeks
Supermum
Start date: 10 January
Start weight: 14stone 2 lbs
Current weight: 12 stone 5 lbs
Goal weight: 10 stone 5 lbs
Total 28lbs in 6 weeks
Virgogirl
Start Date: 17th January
Start Weight: 15st 2lbs
Current Weight: 13st 7lbs
Goal Weight: 11st
Total 23lbs in 5 weeks
Rachris
Start Date - 14 Jan 2007
Start weight - 15st 7llbs
Current weight - 14st 6llbs
Goal Weight - 9st 7llbs
Total 21lbs in 4 weeks
Tryinghard
Start Date -
Start Weight -
Current weight -
Goal Weight -
Total 13lbs in 2 weeks
New Me
Start Date - 22 Jan 07
Start Weight - 15 stone
Current weight - 13.4 stone
Goal Weight - 11.6 stone
Total 24lbs in 5 weeks

Islander
Start Date - 09 Janury 2007
Start Weight - 16stone
Goal weight?
Total 21lbs in 3 weeks
Catwoman
Start Date - 25th January 2007
Start Weight - 12 stone 8 lbs
Goal Weight - ?
Total 17lbs in 4 weeks
MaxieP
Start date - 30th January 2007
Start weight - 15 stone 10lbs
Goal Weight -
Total 17lbs in 3 weeks
Yorkiegirl
Start Date - 11th January 2007
Start weigh- 18.5lbs
Goal Weight -12.0lbs
Total 34.1 lbs in 6 weeks
Jackiem38
Start Date :07/02/07
Start Weight :20:09
Goal Weight :10:10 but that might change
Total 22lbs in 6 weeks
Angel1410
Start Date - 31st Jan 2007
Start weight - ?
Goal Weight - ?
Total 19lbs in 3 weeks
Slim Sharrie
Start Date - 3rd January 2007
Start Weight - 13st 9lb
Goal Weight - 10st
Total 25lb in 7 weeks
Cricky
Start date: 29th January
Start weight: 17stone 3.5lbs
Current weight: 15stone 11lbs
Goal weight: 11 stone lbs
Total 20.5lbs in 3 weeks

:D :D Hi toots:D :D

Feeling great today!

I think I may have lost the 4lbs or just about - would really really like to lose 6lbs though as this will make it a nice round 3 stone :D :D in total, but realistically I do not think I will.

Any loss is great in my book though as in other diets I would be lucky to lose that much in a month let alone a week.

Clothes are fitting much better and next size down is now getting looser - my jeans fit great - I have not worn jeans in ages and it is a really good feeling.

I have had alot of comments recently mainly that my face is looking thinner so down to 2 chins instead of 4 (ha ha ha)

Anyways good luck for tonight toots

speak soon

x

Back