LL Versus CD

There are obviously pros and cons with all the VLCDs - and the one you choose has to reflect your personality and individual needs.I looked at all of them and decided that with my job I just couldn't ensure I was always there for the sessions at LL. I got the impression - rightly or wrongly - that the counselling was based on the underlying assumption that I was a food addict. I know I am not - I always ate healthily, cooked from scratch - I just ate portions that were too big and didn't exercise enough!

In the past I have had borderline food disorders too - both bingeing and starving, but despite this I didn't think I needed the counselling on offer. My problems were the result of other emotional and psychological issues - mainly related to personal relationships not food itself.

I decided on W8 as I still get to see a consultant for an hour or so every week, you work through some exercises during the programme which make you think about your choices/triggers/issues.

The fact that you could add allowed food from a limited healthy choice if you wanted/needed to, for me was great. Some people add some protein and veg everyday and still lose a stone a month. It didn't make food the "bad guy", you couldn't "cheat" if you ate something from the list - so it took the guilt and failure aspects away from the diet. It made social occasions and work events easier to deal with. When you get to the end of your journey - you're not scared of eating again - becasue you never stopped.

W8 have also introduced a Spaghetti Bolognese and Chicken Noodle Mealpack because its a Very Low Calorie Diet - not a "no food" or "food replacement" diet - your packs are food - they are the nourishment your body needs to survive whilst you lose the excess fat your body doesn't need. I think its a subtle psychological difference.

The reintroduction of food at maintenance follows a low-GI plan which is how I intend to eat forever. I have now reached my target maintaining is going to be harder than the diet ever was - but I have learned that as long as you continue to make the right choices, everything in moderation, and exercise if you are able, it'll all be alright!

All of the forums for LL, CD, LT and W8 are lovely friendly supportive places to hang out and whichever diet you do - you are sure to get the help you need to stick with it.

Just my twopenneth worth!!! Good luck with whichever plan you decide to follow - wee'll all be here - whatever plan we're on - to support you

Onwards and downwards everyone!!!

Carol x

Hey - some great posts here. Just wanted to say, I only blended my LL with a stick blender for first 8 weeks, but the shaker they provide you with does a great job (not tried it wih the soups), so don't worry about being on the go... you can also mix the cold packs and transfer to a thermos or something (keep them cool) for travelling emergencies. In general u are meant to eat them within 15mins, but my LLC told us that is more crucial with packs you heat up... just makes planning days so much easier. Good luck, whatever route you take xxx

I did SS+ on CD (now on 810 which is a higher plan) & found the 200 cal meal a great help. BUT I do stick to exactly what it says & have no more, or nothing extra. I don't find it difficult as I'm just glad of being able to eat something!
I did just shakes for a week & I know I wouldn't have stuck to it in the long run.
On the flip side though I don't have a problem with emotional eating, & I know for those that have, they are all or nothing, & cope better knowing they aren't allowed anything.....

Why don't you try CD for a week, with a meal & see how you go on with your Reflexologist counselling you.
If you don't like the structure & feel you need a better support network ie a group, then try LL.

My mum did LL for 9 weeks & even as an emotional eater didn't get much out of the counselling. Yet there are stories on here all the time of people who couldn't do it without.
I think it is such a persoanl choice....

Good luck with whatever you decide. xx

Hi guys

Started CD today, after much though and many questions later I decided that I needed the option of having food if I needed. I have 10 stone to loose and I just could not comprehend not eating actual food for what could be the next 10 months so felt that CD was my better option. BL what you achieved is trully amazing.
Thanks for all your advice.

:thankyou:

Back