Ll Welcome Thread Sign In Thread 2008

Hi tiffany,

If there is any advice I can give regarding your question, it would be to cut out/right back on your carbs this will help you in the first week of abstaining and lessen any headaches that some people do get. After 4/5 days you will go into ketosis and the hunger will disappear as your 'inner pacman' starts munching at your body fat. Drink lots of water!

Sun x

Well, my plan was to cut down on carbs etc before D-day, however it didn't work out like that, I was saying 'goodbye' instead.
I went to my first meeting, got my packs to get started the following day, then went to the chippy for my last supper :D
That probably wasn't the way to do it as I put on 3.5 lbs in the 2 weeks from info meeting to start night LOL. I did have a rough few days with headaches and hunger pangs, however after day 4-5 I was fine and lost 9lbs in the first week.
If I knew then what I know now I would start cutting down the carbs and drinking more water as this will inevitably make the start easier and your goal closer.

Thanks guys, thats really useful to know. Right i had better get started on the water consumption xx:)

Hi Tiffany

I started one week ago and I had tachos and chocolate the night before. Definitely not a good mood, I had a real migraine for the first two days coming down off all the sugar! I would say have a little treat if you like before you start but don't go mad! I think the first few days are the toughest but if you can get through those, it does become much easier. The first week stop in meeting after 4 days was what really kept me going, I think if I had had to wait a week before seeing my councillor again I might have fallen off the wagon!

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you x x x x

GOOD LUCK :girlpower:

Well done mate ! my first WI too, total of 12.1 so we did about the same. I went well wrong on Sunday had my sister over with her boys, got completely side tracked and almost forgot to drink the water. Had to do 2 litres quickly. Gonna try and keep it a steady flow this week and walk a bit more. I've got a pair of black jeans a size smaller and want to fit into them for Feb.

Come on !!...

Week 2 weigh in showed another 8 lb loss - now in week 3 and feeling great - no hunger and lots of energy.

Perhaps we should have a thread for January LighterLife starters as this is rather off topic?

Cheers
Mike

Hello again, I went to the information session last night and i start next thursday!! How exciting!! The three other people that were there already knew someone who has succeeded through LL which gives me a whole lot of encouragement!

How did people prepare themselves for starting LL? Did you start to reduce your calorie intake before hand or were you tempted by the "last supper syndrome?"

Would love to find anyone is starting around the same time who might like to buddy up.

Take care, C xx :character00238:

I cut carbs for the couple of weeks before and went and had a big blowout curry for my last meal! On our group it seems that everybody had their favourite meal for the last supper!

Hi everbody, my name is Courtney. I'm 21 years old and am in my third week of LL. I started on the 16th Jan. I had a really really crappy first week. I cired every single day and couldn't bearto be near food, or even see it on TV. I also had a real lack of energy and was so tired all the time!! I didn't fall off the wagon however, despite thinking very seriously about giving it up...I lost 8.5 lbs in my first week, which was not as big a loss as I had hoped. I carried on though and lost another 3.5 lbs this week. I have now lost 12lb in total, which is the most so far for my group, but we are all feeling a bit let down having watched all the video's where people loose loads in the first few weeks. I have settled into LL now and am not so tearful or moody, but I am still very VERY hungry!! I would like to loose between 3 and 5 stone to be in the healthy BMI for my height, and hope that I can keep it off. That is what I am mostowrried about, as I am still sat here thinking 'When I finish this diet I can have a pizza/chilli/curry etc etc...I sometimes wonder if I would be better off on WW......Anyway, gladto have found this forum and wil keep you posted...Xxx

Lighter life too...

Hello,:)
I'm Naett, I'm also doing the lighter life diet since last Octobre and lost almost 5st but since the end of the holidays I have not really been abstinent. anyway, I'm back on track now but need help with the odd temptations.
thanks for your support.:D
N

Ok, sorry newbie posters!, I will be going on my 5 week hols 1st Feb, am hoping to maintain or lose a couple of pounds (ha we shall see!)

Good luck all, will post if I can on holiday or if not when I come back!

All the best,

Sunxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok, sorry newbie posters!, I will be going on my 5 week hols 1st Feb, am hoping to maintain or lose a couple of pounds (ha we shall see!)

Good luck all, will post if I can on holiday or if not when I come back!

All the best,

Sunxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Sun,

:flowers:

I hope you have a brill holiday and best of luck with maintaining.

:character00180:

Love Mini xxx

Starting LL tomorrow

Hi everyone
I'm starting LL tomorrow and I'm hugely looking forward to it!! I put on tons of weight when I started Uni (though I've had a weight problem since I was a kid). I think I've just never learned how to eat properly...
The reason I'm doing LL is that I think that abstaining from food for a while gives you the chance to re-think your relationship with food and to start again from scratch! That's what I'm hoping for anyway!
Right now I'm 13 stone and I'm hoping to get down to 9 1/2 by this summer. Wish me luck!:p

xxx

Skye

Hi everyone
I am Rose, I am a 2008 starter, I am on day 3 of lighter life. I am not feeling to great at the moment so have come on here for inspiration that the result will be worth this misery really!
Current weight 18stone 2pound. BMI around 44.
Fingers crossed
Rose x
hi i,m on my 3rd week of ll, just wondered how are you getting on. lynn

hello,

Im a newbie to LL and im on my 5th day! i was ok untill today, really feeling the hunger pains but after a whine and a moan at my mum at how i cant survive on 'this bloody starvation diet' she reminded me why i was doing this, made me feel a little tearfull but kicked my bum right back on track before i done anything drastic! Thanks mummy i really do appriciate it! spoke to my darling councellor whos a good laugh and shunted me forward with a bit more support now i feel great and looking forward to being a slimmer me..... Cant promise i wont moan when i really fancy a beer or a glass of wine but great to know there are guys like you lot who will keep me in line and remind me why we are all doing this! its great to join the LL family and i hope weeks down the line i can offer the same support, inspiration and guidance to the next newbies starting that you guys have shown me

toothpaste x

Wow, your stories are all inspiring.

I am starting week 5 on LL, and have lost 16lbs so far and feeling great, but boredom with the food pack starting to creep in :-(
Some of the recipes/ideas look interesting so goin to give them a whirl today.

Hi! My name is Casey. I started LL today! I live in Kent with my husband and 6 year old twin girls.

Hi I am Jill from Plymouth and have just been to the weekd four session. I ws a bit disappointed just to lose 3lbs but so far it does addd up to a stone loss so i am keeping positive and will drink more water i gues

Hi everyone, my name is Diane and I'm 36, starting LL on Tuesday 19th Feb, feeling excited and nervous (hope I can do it), I would like to lose 3 stone. Anyone else starting Tuesday?

Hello Glizglam,

Welcome to LL, I am sure you can lose 3stone. If you need support please come on and we are here to help and answer any questions.

Good luck on your journey

Back