LoChan's diary - hello!

i've been out and about so not had chance to pop on.. if you are brave enough to do scan bran week, i will do it with you! xxx

OMG that cheesecake looks so yummy :D

What about doing a mixed week for the next challenge. Have EE followed by green followed by red and repeat or whatever way you fancy it :)

I'm having bacon for tea :D

I know it's only day 2 of your red week but have you found one plan easier than the others to follow?

They had a blueberry cheesecake aswell and had just run out of a lemon and poppyseed one. Proper biscuit bases too mmmmm :D

Hmn - think I found EE all week pretty difficult, reckon it was solely to do with having to cut down on the hexs after the green week htough. Green I found the food pretty easy despite being stressed from the first week back at school and adapting to that new routine.

Red's been good so far - my lunch was really scrummy and my tea is in the oven and smelling really good :)

Hmn - I reckon I might have the scan bran challenge next week but encorporate your suggestion of mixing it up by having a traffic light challenge week - go red, ee(yellow), green and so on. Variety is tasty :D

i've been out and about so not had chance to pop on.. if you are brave enough to do scan bran week, i will do it with you! xxx

Ah good, hope you've been enjoying yourself!

I'd appreciate the company/having someone to share the burden with lol

Must investigate more uses of the stuff other than the terrible carrot cake :eek:

Scan Bran Week sounds scary!! Lol

What on earth do you eat on that? Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

everything you would normally, just have to eat 5 scan bran a day to up your fibre (and supposedly your digestion)

Kitteh just did it and lost 3lbs, and she really liked the scan bran. after she got used to them.

theres a scan bran recipe thread on here - will hunt out the link for you xxx

everything you would normally, just have to eat 5 scan bran a day to up your fibre (and supposedly your digestion)

Kitteh just did it and lost 3lbs, and she really liked the scan bran. after she got used to them.

theres a scan bran recipe thread on here - will hunt out the link for you xxx

Sounds interesting... I used to have a recipe for a gorgeous Ginger Bread cake made with scan bran!

I dont go to class, as I do SW online.. where else can you purchase Scan Bran from?? xxx

supposedly Holland and Barrett, but i cant find it in ours up here. If you cant find it, I will buy you some from class and post you them if you want x

I'll have a nosey on kitteh's diary for encouragement then :)

Sugar the holland and barrett on st annes square in manchester sells the scan bran - that's where I got mine from :D

blackwidow said:
supposedly Holland and Barrett, but i cant find it in ours up here. If you cant find it, I will buy you some from class and post you them if you want x

Aww thank you Hunny...

I will have a look online, holland & Barrett may do it online and deliver.

Xxx

Good day - 40mins of sweaty jumping about with Davina Mccall and a bit of experimental cooking. Bought a Cooking with Tea book from amazon by celestial seasonings (a herbal tea brand I like). Aiming to try a few of these recipes this week and next :)

B - ww yoghurt

S - milky coffee (hexa) & apple

L - Spicy tomato soup & Bengal Spice Tea meatballs (3.5 syns plus a hexb of ev olive oil). Strawberries and ww yoghurt
Tomato soup  & Bengal Spice Tea Meatballs.jpg

D - Beef & pumpkin stew, broccoli, lightly toasted wholemeal bread (hexb). Pumpkin tofu dessert (5.5 syns - needs some tweaking).
Beef & pumpkin stew.jpg

Evening - milky coffee (hexa) & apple.

I was browsing a bit for a chocolate pudding recipe I saw using tofu and apparently blending tofu is one of those possibly dodgy food uses that should be synned. So I suppose it's not a 100% day as I'm going to say pfft to that. There's 47 calories in 100g of the tofu - which is roughly equal or lower to the equivalent weight of yoghurt or quark so I can't see the harm in it! Again, as with my high syn day yesterday, if it comes back to haunt me next WI I'll know better in future :D

I agree! I'm sure I've seen a tofu and spinach canneloni recipe that wasn't synned! X

It always seems to be the dessert uses it picks upon as you can use silken tofu to make creamy soups too and I bet they wouldn't bat an eyelid about that! :rolleyes:

Being tempted to make a rather lush version of pumpkin tofu pudding after finding this video on youtube:
Hummingbird's Kitchen Tofu Pumpkin Pudding (Episode 7) - YouTube
Bit like a creme caramel only pumpkiny! I've gone so far as buying a tin of condensed milk but don't know if I'm brave enough to use it yet lol

The video also gave a handy tip at the end that instead of canned pumpkin you can microwave the fresh kind then scoop and mash/blend that rather than having to slow roast it and things like I'd been told to do in another online guide. Money saver, woohoo :)

ooh please try that tofu recipe.. creme caramel sounds lovely! proper creme caramel i hope - not the ghastly stuff you get in yoghurt pots at the supermarket! (can you still get that? :p)

i am toying with the idea of a 1/2 red week - until you go onto scan bran and i'll join same day :) i can probably make it until then.. i have my cottage cheese, i think i can deal with less potato / pasta / rice :p

Looks like I need to restock on the scan bran so I've got a week's worth in the cupboard lol Sounds like fun now I won't be on my own :)

Will try the pudding out at the weekend probably, need to concentrate on the meals cooking during the week - plans for lunch have got messed up a bit with running out of bacon for a pate I was gonna make so am trying to think of something else now otherwise I'll end up eating in starbucks or skipping lunch altogether and don't wanna do that if I can avoid it.

I got a zumba in again today (+ walking)! I think I'm gonna have to stop playing with the wii-mote, my waist is still too big for the game belt but I don't have any trousers tight enough to keep it in my pocket - had to try and hold it in place with socks but it kept not picking up my movements. Frustrated the hell out of me :mad:

I'm finding myself torn between saving up for kettleworx and the proper zumba fitness dvds now as both are pretty pricey. Then again I've got stuff to do already and just got a pilates kit in the post and a biggest loser power walk dvd is on the way. I think variety is important but I'm gonna have way too much to choose from soon!

My food was really tasty today :D

B - cheese and tomatoes (hexa), grilled bacon and brown mushrooms. WW yoghurt.

L - Leftover beef and pumpkin stew, toast (hexb) and alien cauliflower

D - 'Meatball marinara' (aka leftover meatballs and soup from yesterday - hexb & 3.5 syns) and roasted root batons (as per latest SW mag).
'Meatball Marinara' and roasted root veg.jpg
Evening - milky coffee (hexa) and tofu pumpkin chocolate pudding (4 syns) and chopped banana
Tofu Pumpkin Chocolate Pudding.jpg

Had the plain pumkin pudding yesterday with crumbled biscuit but it didn't taste sweet enough. Salvaged it by leaving out th biscuit and stirring in a sachet of options instead. Was pretty darn nice and a good-sized bowlful :)

ahh i hate it when that happens!! totally throws you when theres an ingredient missing!

Hi Hunny,

welshTigger and I have set up a new thread... Especially for 'Curvy' girls who have a fair bit of weight to loose!

Everyone is welcome though...

Our first challenge is a countdown to Christmas!

We will be Sexy for Santa!!! ;-) xxx

the wi remote ends up falling down my trouser leg when i am doing it:D:eek:
end up rummaging to get it back, luckily enougth i only do it when there is nobody in the room:8855:
just watching australia biggest loser at the mo they just made salmon and sweet potatoe burgers which i might give a try this week, they look yummy.
hope your having a good week xx

Back