LoChan's diary - hello!

My zumba came today but didn't get round to trying it - wanted to watch avatar before it goes back tomorrow and didn't realise how long it was - oops!

Will give the zumba a go tomorrow either in the morning if I'm feeling energetic or I'll make myself do it in the afternoon, promise :D

Was a bit snackety today, dunno why. Think I'm missing the green days hehe.

First thing - ww yoghurt

Proper breakfast - ready brek (hexb) & milk (2.5 syns) with frozen mango - made for an interesting mix of textures. Another yoghurt

Snack - banana and a graham cracker (3 syns)

Lunch - garlic mushroom baked potato (in the sw recipes section here) with egg salad.
Garlic mushroom baked potato.jpg
Snack - rice pudding and nectarine (2.5 syns)

Dinner - Maple chilli pork (2 syns) & veggie rice.
Maple chilli pork & veg rice.jpg
Evening - milky coffee (hexa), pumpkin scone with jam (4.5 syns), two mini toblerones (3 syns).
Pumpkin scone & apple slices.jpg
So went over a bit on syns today but didn't have a full 15 yesterday so it should balance out.

Going to try adapting slimming eats' pancake recipe with my pumpkin tomorrow - always feel really full after the pancakes/waffles so hoping can rein in the syns/snacking again.

Heh, I've got my scales in a shopping bag tucked under one of the end tables in the living room. Was standing there next to the table flexing my fists thinking 'I wanna weigh myself - NO! Don't weight yourself!' The naughty me and the sensible me chatting away to themselves lol The sensible me won, for tonight anyway. Just was feeling panicky for wanting to eat a lot - think some threads I read/posted on earlier in the day might have triggered something in my brain :(

Ah well, feeling positive despite the munchies. We'll be 'reet :D

youll be okay - you're halfway through your EE week - dont give in - itll be worth it :) xxx

Didn't do the zumba :mad: I did the walk to school and got absolutely soaked in the giant winds and rain - it stopped raining on the way hope but the wind didn't stop and froze me with in the soggy clothes, grrr. Will try again today but again I'll be walking. Not that walking's bad but it seems to stop me wanting to do anything else. Can't really afford bus fares atm so just have to do what I can.

Yesterday's food diary (it had a heavy slimming eats influence :D)

B - Pumpkin pancakes (adapting SE's pancake recipe), banana, syrup - 1 hexb & 1.5 syns
Pumpkin Pancakes.jpg
L - Bacon, leek & sweet potato quiche (3 syns), baked beans and broccoli. Yoghurt.
Bacon, leek & sweet potato quiche.jpg
Afternoon - Rice pudding (2.5 syns) & nectarine. Milky coffee (hexa)

D - Lemon Basil Chicken & Carrot Sauce, pasta, flat beans & red pepper.
Lemon Basil Chicken & Carrot Sauce.jpg
Evening - homemade crisps (2 syns - had too many of them I think), reeses wafer bar (5 syns).

pancakes sound gorgeous.. i love pumpkin.. i just dont think i like the texture of pancakes.... LOL :p

how has your day been? x

Last edited:
pancakes sound gorgeous.. i love pumpkin.. i just dont think i like the texture of pancakes.... LOL :p

how has your day been? x

Aw that's a shame, you're missing out lol

Today's been okay so far - I did the bloody zumba finally, tricky. Think it'd be better to wear trainers as with bare feet my ankles weren't enjoying the mad jumping about lol

Still reckon I prefer having just a couple of EE days at a time but persevering until saturday :)

Hope you've had a good day x

I'll give that a go in my quest to try out new veg.

I'll warn you though - it can be a nightmare trying to make your own pumpkin puree to put in sweet things as it's quite fibrous. There are guides online if you google but it's easier to splurge on the pre-canned stuff from america now and again as a treat :)

I get my bits from www.americansweets.co.uk

defo wear trainers! I wont do any exercise in the house without them.. i collapsed both my arches in my feet from exercising without proper foot supports, and now I get pain right up my right side when i exercise for too long - not nice! xxx

LoChan,

You always make such unusual meals. They all sound Yummy!!

I find it hard during the week to try new things, I only get in from work at about 6.30. Weekends are when I experiment more!

I think I need to have peek at the slimming eats website for some new ideas xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

defo wear trainers! I wont do any exercise in the house without them.. i collapsed both my arches in my feet from exercising without proper foot supports, and now I get pain right up my right side when i exercise for too long - not nice! xxx

I was lazy as the Wii is in the bedroom atm and couldn't be bothered fetching trainers from downstairs where I keep them for davina/slammanning lol I should know better really as I've been having problems with 'plantar facilitis' in my right foot - sure the jumping about isn't doing me any favours! I'll be sensible next time :D

I didn't even know you could get tinned pumpkin :eek:

If I buy a proper pumpkin what do I do with it? Do I peel it or scoop the insides out? Do I roast it or boil it? I sound really thick :8855:

I think they only make the tinned stuff in america - you can sometimes find it in selfridges food hall and ocado had it at one point but don't think they do now.

It's a bit of a b***er to peel - you can hollow it out like you would for halloween to stick into soups or you can cut it into chunks and roast it then scoop it off the skin. Not sure if the skin is edible, haven't tried myself anywho as I've only used it as an ingredient within a recipe rather than on it's own like bns chips/chunks.

Hope the experimenting works out for you :)

LoChan,

You always make such unusual meals. They all sound Yummy!!

I find it hard during the week to try new things, I only get in from work at about 6.30. Weekends are when I experiment more!

I think I need to have peek at the slimming eats website for some new ideas xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The lemon basil chicken one was pretty unusual! I had chicken breasts in and was pondering what to do with them for a bit of a change and slimming eats tends to be a resource I go to a lot as it's easy to look through and the recipes I've tried so far are very simple to follow and the food is yum :D

I do get a bit more time to cook though I guess as I'm part-time and get home by half four after picking my son up. I find it quite therapeutic aswell - I'm more likely to want to spend and hour or so in the kitchen than do 30 mins of cardio of an evening hehe :p

do you know i haven't worn trainers at all when exercising:confused: i suppose i really should.
i had planter faciitis several years ago, it was really painful,i had ultrasound in the end and it cleared up straight away.

I was told at the time never to wear really flat shoes as this could make it worse.

do your family eat the meals you cook or do you cook seperatly, i make mine eat the same or cook thier own:D

did you enjoy the zumba

do you know i haven't worn trainers at all when exercising:confused: i suppose i really should.
i had planter faciitis several years ago, it was really painful,i had ultrasound in the end and it cleared up straight away.

I was told at the time never to wear really flat shoes as this could make it worse.

do your family eat the meals you cook or do you cook seperatly, i make mine eat the same or cook thier own:D

did you enjoy the zumba

Hm I suppose I should take the plantar facilitis to the doctor really - I self-diagnosed it, it flared up sometime in april and it's really painful first thing in the morning or after the long walks I do or if I'm standing/sitting a long time. I don't like going to the doctors as my previous GP was an evil witch. Got a new one now since moving last December but the distrust still lingers :(

I can only cook for myself - my son is autistic and the only 'meals' he will eat is toast with butter, turkey dinosaurs or ham/cheese sandwiches. My OH will only eat sandwiches, fishfingers with salad cream or cheese and crackers. Yes, they are very frustrating to live with. Oh for the day when I have more children who'll eat nice things with me lol A future goal once I'm a healthier weight :)

The zumba was... different! lol It was really weird in that at some points I was like yeah this is fun and other points it was like urgh, my god I'm tired! I scored 530 points on the first beginners class, I dunno if that's good or not lol It kept being green or yellow through most of the dancing bit but then it didn't pick up any moving about at all during the cool down bit - frustrated me a bit as I like points in games :)

Definitely need to plan to do it when I can have a shower afterwards lol

For once I didn't get rained on or almost blown over backwards by wind during the school walk today lol And 20 mins of zumba (finally). Will probably try and rotate the zumba with the davina dvd so there's some interval training in my week along with the cardio :)

Felt a lot more relaxed with the food side of things today.

B - wholemeal toast (hexb) dark choc peanut butter (american - 2.5 syns), blackcurrant jam (1 syn), chopped banana

L - leftover lemon basil chicken, mayo (1 syn), baked potato and salad
Lemon basil chicken jacket.jpg
Afternoon - had a PB and chocolate granola bar and a diet coke while my son had mcdonalds (5 syns) :D

D - Leftover carrot soup zinged up with ground coriander, cumin and cayenne pepper. Same quiche as yesterday (3 syns) with baked beans and purple cauliflower (it's getting more violently violet as it ages :eek:). Strawberries and activia yoghurt.

Evening - Pumpkin spice latte (hexa), 2 fresh figs with 1 tsp honey (1 syn). Really enjoyed this and will go buy some more figs tom'ow as think they'll be a good replacement for chocolate in the evening :)

Hi, I thought I'd come and have a nosy over here :)

your carrot soup is inspiring - I've a load of carrots in the veggie rack atm. And purple caulies .... wow!

Back