LoChan's diary - hello!

:wow: you are a :superwoman:

fantastic loss xxx

absolutely fantastic loss hun - well done you! :D xxx

Whooah Lochan how did you do it?, that's a whole pumpkin gone!!

Pomooky XXX

I don't know because I -eat- a whole pumpkin this week... maybe it was a magic one? :8855:

Bit embarrasing really 'cause I've been quite bad today - 'flexible' ain't the word for it :eek:

I was okay earlier on in the day though and made a really nice lunch with marinated tofu and green tea noodles. Will post a pic tomorrow as I'm on the OH's comp tonight while he's pinched the tv. Getting it back later to watch The Crow - no point going for an early night tonight as reckon the fireworks will be going into the wee hours.

Mn right the lasagna - I've gone and sort of planned an EE/Red day for tom'ow now as me and the OH fancy a roast dinner. Sooo since I've not had chance to sort out my proper recipe yet I thought I could post the link to the original recipe that I adapted: More Pumpkin Lasagna Please! « FoodMayhem

The amounts of cheese is mental in the original - I just used two hexbs of ricotta (think that's 170g) and two hexas/hexbs of grated mozzarella (84g) - I mixed one half of the mozzarella in with the ricotta and the other half on top of the lasagna. As said though this left the pasta a bit poorly covered so I'm going to try adding a tub of quark to the ricotta mixture to stretch it out and maybe season it with salt and pepper incase the quark is a bit sharp-tasting.

I only had about 1.5 cups of pumpkin and I'd definitely say around 2.5-3 cups would work better so the lasagna is nice and thick. For the pumpkin stage I browned my garlic in 2tsps of light olive spread and think I used 1 tbsp of light brown sugar and 1/2 a tbsp of maple syrup - these might need upping when using more pumpkin, probably best to try the smaller quantity first then do a taste test. Think I used half the quantity of spices too, will probably use the full recipe's amounts next time.

Anywho I'll write up a proper recipe for it when I make it again (on monday I should think) and resyn/hex/portion it. Just if the folks with pumpkins waiting to be used (and/or shouting Lasagna at them!) wanted to get cracking I'm sure it will be easy to adapt to your own requirements. It is absolutely lovely :D

I'm surprised you're not orange/pumpkin coloured Lo :) How is your health now? Sorry if you've said recently and I've missed the post

thanks for that recipe hun - defo going to try it :) can you post the tofu recipe as well please? i defo want some for my eats sometime soon :) xxx

I'm surprised you're not orange/pumpkin coloured Lo :) How is your health now? Sorry if you've said recently and I've missed the post

Well I'm shaped like one round the middle :8855:

My plantar faciitis seems to have lessened in severity since I did absolutely nothing over half term with being off work and having a cold :eek: But I've only really had to do three days walking last week as it was teacher training monday and had to get a bus from work on friday. Appointment's a week on tuesday now so I guess we'll see what happens with that :) Also feeling a bit topsy turvy - another * week arrived yesterday only 5 days after the last one :eek: My body's in shock I think lol Thanks for asking xxxxx

thanks for that recipe hun - defo going to try it :) can you post the tofu recipe as well please? i defo want some for my eats sometime soon :) xxx

No probs Rach - it was a bit of a cobbled together affair as I'd just found green tea soba noodles in my co-op grocery and really wanted to try them out :D

I boiled about 50 grams of noodles until just cooked, drained them then dunked them in a bowl of cold water (stops them carrying on cooking apparently). Drained them again then put them in a bowl, drizzled 1/2 tsp sesame oil (1 syn) then mixed this up - set those aside.

In a frying pan/wok I heated another 1/2 tsp of sesame oil (1 syn) then added 100g marinated tofu cubes (these may of had a couple of syns I'm not sure). Stir-fried these for 2 mins then added 2 cloves chopped garlic (m'crusher was in the washing up pile and couldn't be bothered :eek:) & 1/2 a small red pepper cut up into batons - stir fried for another minute then added some chopped mushrooms and stir fried again another 1-2 mins until mushrooms were golden but not floppy. Then I added 1 tbps oyster sauce (1 syn) and 1/2 tbsp soy sauce and stirred until everything was coated, then I added the noodles back to the pan and stirred everything up until the noodles were heated through. Served up on a plate topped with chopped spring onion :)

Pic: Green tea (cha) soba with marinated tofu.jpg

thanks for that! im glad im not the only person who hates washing the crusher.. i avoid using mine cause i always need to use it 3 or 4 times in a row and its a bloody buggar to wash :mad: :p

You always have to wash everything else up first otherwise it leaves the water stinking of garlic - and there's normally a mountain of washing up to do before you get round to the flippin' crusher lol

I wouldn't worry to much re: the * week's being affected by the weight-loss
it is a known fact I even had them stop during my 20's for a few months due to excessive
dieting alas they returned the minute my weight shot back up again haha!!

What were the Soba noodles like Lo
they certainly look nice

have a lovely Sunday xx

i knoww! and i second kally on those noodles, they look lush.. although i was gutted when you said tofu was premarinated as i was hoping for some tofu ideas haha :D

nevermind.. i still have half a jar of paprika sauce to use and its dead tasty in that!

I wouldn't worry to much re: the * week's being affected by the weight-loss
it is a known fact I even had them stop during my 20's for a few months due to excessive
dieting alas they returned the minute my weight shot back up again haha!!

What were the Soba noodles like Lo
they certainly look nice

have a lovely Sunday xx

Thanks for that Kally. Mine have been messed up since m'son/taking contraception and I know they do go a bit haywire when I'm losing/gaining a lot of weight - just wears me out when it surprises me in quick succession heh.

The soba noodles have a quite delicate flavour, sesame oil compliments them really well :D It's quite a popular dish in japan to eat them cold with various dipping sauces and condiments... not really the time of year for it now though!

i knoww! and i second kally on those noodles, they look lush.. although i was gutted when you said tofu was premarinated as i was hoping for some tofu ideas haha :D

nevermind.. i still have half a jar of paprika sauce to use and its dead tasty in that!

Mn I had a browse about online and you could try this tofu marinating recipe to use with noodles:

One 16-oz block of firm tofu
about 1/2 a cup of soy sauce
1/4 cup rice wine (or sherry)
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated or crushed
1 tsp brown sugar

Directions: Cut the tofu into 1/2 inch cubes or rectangles. Marinate the tofu in soy sauce, rice wine, garlic, ginger and sugar and allow the tofu to soak at least 20-30 minutes.

Hope this helps hun xxxx

Tea looks yummy. Actually it looks a bit too normal. Even I can understand what it is. Are you feeling ok :D

It was technically a day off plan so I guess I wasn't trying very hard ;)

Started my week afresh from yesterday, hope I don't make these 6-day weeks a habit :eek:

Green day yesterday:

B - Toast (from a big loaf, hexb & 3.5 syns) peanut butter (4.5 syns), jam (1 syn), banana.

L - Mugshot, activia yoghurt, milky coffee (hexa), fibre plus bar (hexb), mini crunchie (4 syns)

D - SW chips, eggs, baked beans

Evening - milky coffee (hexa), mini crunchie (4 syns)

Weekly syns 17/90

Exercise - 30 mins free-step, 40 mins Biggest Loser wii game (circuit training/challenge exercise etc).

All in all yesterday doesn't look to bad food wise Lo
Good luck for this week x
I think I should be fine for the rest of it - though got no little bread in so big toast has eaten up my syns today aswell as yesterday :rolleyes:

That's two days in a row that I've understood your food.

I must try and fit egg and chips in this week :D

Hows things today?

It was all relatively simples today too lol

Today was alright if busy, anxious about work and minute-taking tomorrow though. Don't know what I'm doing and my manager has a really boring monotone of a voice... I normally space out during meetings, can't get away with that tomorrow :sigh:

Back