LoChan's diary - hello!

i made lokshan pudding at the weekend, from lucias thread i used tagletelle cos thats what i had in, it was really nice :D

can't wait to see what you do with it :D

Heyos, fragile feeling :(

Been napping in the evening from work-week shatteredness. Randomly woke up to thinking about an old friend who suddenly seemed to stop wanting to talk to me/meet up in real life a bit over two years ago. I've known her since high school though we ended up growing apart/not talking for about three-four years when I got married to my ex at 17 (they didn't get on and he was quite controlling)... I plucked up the courage to phone her a bit after I was 21 (just before I left the ex) and we became close again and we would meet up and stuff. Then suddenly about two years ago she'd ignore any sort of suggestion I'd make about meeting up - I kept dropping hints/invites every so often via txt or facebook for the first year then I kinda gave up... I can't think of anything that happened for her to suddenly go like that on me.

Since I've been struggling with all kinda issues lately I guess I'm not surprised this has floated to the top of my head again. I've just tried sending her a private message via facebook (don't really use the site much so hope it's received), bit worried about what reaction it'll get but at least I've tried right? :sigh: It's gloomy and miserable sounding I know, I got soaked through by an @rse driving though a puddle at high speed today and it just made me wish I could stick myself in a bubble... heh I could elaborate but I'd probably sound suicidal (which I'm not and never would so don't worry). Just tired of feeling overwhelmingly fed up with everything... bleh feels a bit heavy to stick in my diary tbh but I don't know where else is best to vent really. Sorry for any uncomfortableness in reading the above :eek:

Hanging about waiting for late night ocado delivery and potential reply from the possible ex-friend on facebook. Might play some rockband or singstar afterwards to to cheer the f'up a bit, not everything is bad :)

Still researching lokshen recipes... it's even making my adventurous brain go hmmmm a bit, pasta for pudding. Oddness. But it has a Mandy stamp of approval and Gurus are wise so it should be okay :D

Ah yes, best update my signature and weights and stuff *pulls a face*...

:wavey: hello lovely so nice to have you about again :D

I am sorry to hear you so down :( :( I hope your friend replies. The only problem with facebook messages is that if you are not friends on facebook the message sometimes hits this 'other' message box and the person doesn't always get notified its there :( I only know as it happened to me and I didn't see the said message for weeks :(

I am sorry you want to stick yourself in a bubble :( I actually used to to do that visually when I felt low because I felt it really helped.

I don't actually know what to say Lo, but we are all here for you you know :) :bighug: :bighug:

So stats reset and ready to go ? :bighug: xxxxxxxx

Not quite 100% ready to go but I'm getting there :) Struggling with bread atm, there's no pod for crusty rolls and scones is there? Darn it ;)

Cooking of s'worldly stews and such planned for the weekend with nice fresh ocado vegetables and things so there's healthy stuff along with the french biscuits and wine that ocado stuffed in amongst the turnips and carrots :eek:

Mnph I sound a bit madly down then up, I don't know whether to be disturbed or laugh at myself hehe. I know there wouldn't be much to say to my post really, just seemed a good idea to write it down rather than not turn up on here at all today - hope that sounds reasonable :)

Lo you say what you like huni. Its your diary and its good to say these things. I just didn't know what to say to you to make it better, probably because I can't can I?

Also I am poorly sick at the minute and what little brain I have is not working properly :(

Here for you anytime you need me sweetie :bighug:

funnily enough bread is something I am having to deal with too... I seem to like it alot at the moment and its easy and filling but it bloats me. So I am trying not to turn to it all the time. Its a comfort food thats for sure, but there are others its just finding ones that work for us :) little steps Lo, no running, just ease yourself back into it sweetie. and we are all with you every little step of the way :bighug: xxxxxxxx

Hi Lo

I hope you are feeling better today. We all have rubbish days/weeks and I think it's perfectly normal. Maybe you are giving too much importance to your friend's reply because you feel like poo? It might not have bothered you when you are in normal Lochan mode?

I feel fed up too and have a serious bread habit - I can even eat it frozen! I ate so much on Thursday that on Friday I could not eat much at all, which was probably a good thing! It bloats me up but the gluten free variety is like eating beer mats.

Well, have a good weekend and stay in your bubble till you're ready. If I hear a loud explosion, I will know Lo is out and bubble-free!

Love Pomooky XXX

Hi Lo

I hope you are feeling better today. We all have rubbish days/weeks and I think it's perfectly normal. Maybe you are giving too much importance to your friend's reply because you feel like poo? It might not have bothered you when you are in normal Lochan mode?

I feel fed up too and have a serious bread habit - I can even eat it frozen! I ate so much on Thursday that on Friday I could not eat much at all, which was probably a good thing! It bloats me up but the gluten free variety is like eating beer mats.

Well, have a good weekend and stay in your bubble till you're ready. If I hear a loud explosion, I will know Lo is out and bubble-free!

Love Pomooky XXX

Heh I don't think it would have bothered me as much in 'normal mode' - 'cause normal for me is probably trying to ignore the things that are bothering me.

It's sad but literally she was the only friend I had and the only person I could really talk to irl apart from my OH, and then suddenly I got dropped so it hurt.

She's replied back and just said life stuff got in the way and in the interim she thinks we grew apart but that she didn't know it had upset me. I've replied back and said a few more things. I don't think it'll go back to meeting up and stuff now as it'd be too awkward. I already did the big thing and contacted her after the first time apart and I don't think I've got the energy to do it again, she was funny like that in high school too dropping me every year or so :sigh:

Eh well, it was good in a way as it made me try and get out a bit more on here so to speak. Slowly trying to get diaries visited and be among my mini friends. Plus I talked to my OH a bit about stuff and it helped too :)

Mn right, need to go start the french potee thing cooking as it's a slow one... will come back for a bit later to read more diaries xxxxx

hey hun, going back a few posts.. why are you trying to give up pepsi max? Its free, so couldnt you just cut down?

I find it difficult if its in a bottle but I've started buying cans instead and i find I drink a lot less of it :) xxx

Hey sweetie, this is your diary, you rant all you want.

We are here if you should need us anytime hun :hug99:
Well done for contacting your friend and at least getting that off your chest. Hopefully you can move on from there. I know it's not the same but you have lots of friends on here if you ever need to talk.
Take care lovely, and hope you get back on here regularly as we all miss you...might have to move to Manchester just to be your best buddy...it's a shame we all live so far apart, cos I think we'd have some fabulous close friendships going on.
Oh and it's not bread as such with me right now it's Tiger Rolls...Mal keeps buying them and I can't resist all the time lol xxx:hug99:xxx

hey hun, going back a few posts.. why are you trying to give up pepsi max? Its free, so couldnt you just cut down?

I find it difficult if its in a bottle but I've started buying cans instead and i find I drink a lot less of it :) xxx

Hehe it's one of those 'associated craving' problems for me when it comes to Pepsi Max - it's goes really well with crisps, choc and pizza and not so well with yoghurt and fruit :p Plus the caffeine addiction and expense isn't good either, mheh. Not prepared to go through cold turkey just yet. Buying just cans doesn't work for me - I've nearly finished a fiver's worth since friday night :eek:

Hey sweetie, this is your diary, you rant all you want.

We are here if you should need us anytime hun :hug99:
Well done for contacting your friend and at least getting that off your chest. Hopefully you can move on from there. I know it's not the same but you have lots of friends on here if you ever need to talk.
Take care lovely, and hope you get back on here regularly as we all miss you...might have to move to Manchester just to be your best buddy...it's a shame we all live so far apart, cos I think we'd have some fabulous close friendships going on.
Oh and it's not bread as such with me right now it's Tiger Rolls...Mal keeps buying them and I can't resist all the time lol xxx:hug99:xxx

Aws :bighug:you wouldn't wanna live here atm trust me, it's being proper Manchester with it p'ing down with rain everyday lately. It's a pain 'cause I'm still waiting on the roofer to come back to get all the leaks sorted out but he says he can't do some of the work (sealing new gutters and things) while it's raining/freezing :sigh:

I don't think I can afford to move down to London :rolleyes: Looking forward to my trip down in three weeks but I'm gonna be poor... think we'll be having one meal out and living out of the mini sainsburys across from the hotel the rest of the time when we go... oh the romance lol I'm definitely 'aving a cake from harrods though :angeldevil:

I'm on the french sticks this weekend, big ones ;):D

good evening xxx

hope you have had a good weekend xx

have you made the pudding yet, might try it again tomorrow using different fruit didn't add apple to mine so might give that a try this time.
Also going to make scanbran cake this week when it arrives from holland and barretts :D

Not done the pudding, been having a cleaning/hoovering frenzy today. Knackered now and keep pulling a muscle between my neck and shoulder :( Will give it a try tomorrow night for pudding maybe - making a french beef and carrots stew with white wine... not sure how y'meant to syn cooked wine but I probably won't anyway as not being too strict with myself yet while I'm getting back into things :)

The french potee thing was nice if a little peppery - it looked like a corned beef hash really 'cept it had bacon and ham hock instead - got the recipe from here if anyone fancies it French Stew - Potee Champenoise I didn't bother with the oil and left out the sausage. I don't know what's syn free other than joes ones and I don't have any of them in atm.

Urgh the scan bran cake... I'm sure I used to like it once upon a time but I haven't had any luck with it this time round. I think -possible- the xmas pudding type cake using mincemeat was okay. Good luck with your experimentations :)

Hi Lily

Do you love to pick those burnt caramelly bits off the top too? I'm not fussed about the roll, I just like the tiger!

Pomooky XXX

I'm afraid I must own up, yes I love the caramelly bits,they are delish, but then so is the roll, it tastes like no other roll on this planet, which I could happily leave alone as it happens.
I think maybe hubby wants to keep me fat, he knows I can't resist them lol xxx

Hey Lo, I live in London, smog rain and wind we get it too lol....One big city is much the same as another big city, given the choice right now I'd live anywhere but!!
3 weeks, wow that's come round quick, can't remember who you're coming to see but I know you been looking forwards to it ...gosh my memory is carp these days lol

Mmm cake from Harrods yum, infact cake yum yum lol
Whereabouts in London are you staying if you don't mind me asking?
Oh and French stick omg I could eat that right now lol...I always get the munchies when i have a cold ...darn it
I too have had the cleaning bug this weekend :eek:
Take care sweetie :hug99:xxx

Hey Lo, I live in London, smog rain and wind we get it too lol....One big city is much the same as another big city, given the choice right now I'd live anywhere but!!
3 weeks, wow that's come round quick, can't remember who you're coming to see but I know you been looking forwards to it ...gosh my memory is carp these days lol

Mmm cake from Harrods yum, infact cake yum yum lol
Whereabouts in London are you staying if you don't mind me asking?
Oh and French stick omg I could eat that right now lol...I always get the munchies when i have a cold ...darn it
I too have had the cleaning bug this weekend :eek:
Take care sweetie :hug99:xxx

Had wanted to go to a knightsbridge place again but the one I wanted was booked up :eek: We're staying at a radisson edwardian near euston station (about 5 mins walk away) so it'll be easy to find it when we get there hehe (though hope it's not in a rough bit!). It's on tottenham court road which is nearly a straight line to one of the theatres we're going to - one man two guvnors at the adelphi on the friday night and phantom matinee on saturday :)

Had wanted to add matilda for sunday but t'was impractical and need some time to do a bit of shopping 'fore I trudge back home up't'north. Hamleys on the list for child's birthday bits for March :D

Not Hamleys! They are a complete rip off, loads of toys there admittedly but everything is about 25% more than anywhere else. Typing as fast as poss here cos my computer is very ill and keeps freezing on my - good to see you posting here and getting yourself back into gear XXX

ah i love Phantom of the Opera.. still so jealous you're going to see it, i hope you enjoy it :D

as for Hamleys, it is expensive but so is Harrods.. i think its just the law that you have to buy at least a little something in these places when you visit London :) xxx

Back