LoChan's diary - hello!

Morning :)

No bird-related nightmares to report lol

Have been having a look at other group options on the sw site this morning but everything is in the late evening or at 5pm where I'd have to drag my son along with me straight after school club every week which doesn't seem fair :(

Am pondering trying the online membership instead which I haven't done before... thinking I could do the silver one with the mag subscription and three months membership then at the end of that I could either carry on online OR join a group if the evenings are light enough to walk there safely.

All sounds unbelievably sensible and simple lol Not quite ready for it mentally yet though and I need to think if we can afford it (bad month with house leaks damaging my landline which caused the internet to die so we've to pay out for roof repairs and a phone engineer callout charge :().

Probably try sweet-talking the OH into paying for it for me, though it'll probably be a loan rather than a gift :rolleyes:

He's said why don't I wait until after london since I won't want to feel guilty being offplan there (which is true in a way). But tbh I've already put around a stone back on since the start of December, which is kind of 'enough' really.

Mn dunno about three positives but I'll go with three aims:

1) To try and at least do an update post on my diary once a day.

2) To cut down on bingeing and aim towards getting back on track either on my own or joining online sw from next saturday (think I'd like to keep saturday mornings as my official WI day and it gives me a few days to sort my head out)

3) Read the January SW magazine for some ideas/encouragement.

Hi
I do the silver membership on line and use this as my group, it's working for me, I done feel isolated because you are all here.
Good luck

Bron

Hey sweetie, good to have you back.
I have done both online and group, like both did well with both, so the choice is yours, only joined group when it started to slow down, for more encouragement and ideas, plus my daughter was going.
Hope you're well in yourself, and as was said before, it's not just about the weight or loss or whatever, we love you as a person sweetie :hug99: xxxx

Just for a change I'm gonna disagree with everyone :eek:

I think online is good if you don't know the plan but you do so I think it would be a waste of money. If you know what you're doing it just ends up being somewhere to record your weight. Yes it has the syn values but most of those are on here or someone will tell you. There is no other support with online.

Going to group would provide more support so I can understand that.

I'm not trying to stop you joining online but if moneys tight I personally think you'd be better doing it on here with the help from your friends until you can afford to join a group.

Hi Lo, Hope you're having a fab day hunni xx

Tilly you make a very good point, thinking about what you said there, I was going to say but we don't really know Lo, but then realised actually we do...online or group made no difference to me in that I was able to do both ways, but I actually agree, Lo you seem to need the support you'd get from a group and I have to say in hindsight, that going to group actually keeps me on my toes a bit more, to sit in front of everyone and admit a gain (even though there is no shame in a gain..my C's favourite saying), is a lot harder than doing it on here because I have to actually look at their faces and while they aren't judegemental, I think I'd die if I ever saw any judgement, so it does keep you on your toes more.
Good luck what ever you decide (don't like saying good luck anymore but it seemed appropriate right now lol ) :bighug: xxxxxx

Evening... hehe wondering if there are many :eek: faces at me actually posting three days in a row :D

Mn Tilly I can see your point. But I've thought over the practicalness of trying to get to the group and I can't see a safe and affordable way of managing it while the evenings are still dark - guessing a taxi would cost me min £3 each way - £11 a week to go to a group is a bit steep :(

I still might join online if anything for the novelty - the newness might help encourage me while I get back into good habits. Plus I know people can help with syns on here but I don't like to ask for lots of different things, and I reckon I'll be wanting to use some low-syn ready-made bits and pieces for a bit rather than getting straight back into Master Chef mode.

Mn non-plan news, got a letter through to sort out a physio appointment for my plantar faciitis, finally... It's going to be at my gp's surgery at least so no trips across manchester or owt. Might try making appointment about my *coughs* moods and stuff when I drop in... Don't know the people there well enough to know if I'm comfortable with talking to anyone there. Heh that and the likelyhood I'll be waiting 3 weeks for an appointment is rather offputting.

Got some pms to reply to - having a ponder over my replies so please bear with me :) xxxxx

Yeah... Welcome back Lo!!

I do SW online, as there are no local classes I can attend due to work.

I still like having to officially WI in each week, it keeps me on track.. Well most of the time!

Good to see you back Hunny xxx

Hey Lo, good to see you coming back daily (will look for your post later tonight lol).
Glad you got your appointment, if you get that sorted u might find you're more focused, pain can make you feel awful and not want to bother.
Hun you know you can ask us anything, doesn't matter how many times a day...give me a list I am happy to help out if and when I can xxx:hug99:xxx

Heys,

Missed posting yesterday - had a busy day with work then into town then off to the school pick up, shopping then home again to bins sorting and washing up :4633:

My feets have been fairly quiet as I've not had as many school walks to do lately with this and that but the activity-filled day seems to have set them off, and weirdly one ankle seems to be having hot flushes/flashes - creepy feeling :(

Got to get my appointment for physio rearranged to fit around work - I've got 1 day of annual leave left to last me until 1st April and I need it for London :rolleyes: Didn't plan my holidays very well the past year, oops :eek: They don't left you have time off for stuff like this unless you apply for special unpaid leave (which is a lot of faffing about then you can't apply for it again within the same year, tsch).

Mn still mostly breadaholic'ing it up at the moment, curse chorlton and their famous bakery *shakes fist in the air in mock outrage*... too damn delicious!

I'm off to play at being a Jedi on a Star Wars game my OH put on my laptop to stop me moping of an evening. Up with m'lightsabre! :eek::D

Hey lo, hope you enjoyed your light-sabering.
Have a lovely evening hun :hug99: xxx

I shall be off to the galaxy far, far away and a long time ago shortly :D It's good fun :)

Have taken a good step towards back on plan with doing online shopping with ocado tonight - got two out of three of those syn-free 'love life' meal thingies (the chimchurri steak and the salmon fillets) and a few other hopefully synfree/low syn things - going for easy stuff the first week so nothing too mastercheffy... hehe so Tilly should be able to pronounce all the names of my meals :D

Was a bit daft though as I was half-tempted to join online tonight so I could look up syns while I shopped but I don't want to put my weight in and stuff yet until I'm officially starting. Shopping's coming late tomorrow night so I should be all set :)

Hmn debating about putting current numbers on here/deleting sticker awards (again :sigh:) or just leaving those until I catch up to where I was? Will probably delete my wkly results from my signature and restart those(I've got them written down elsewhere in a word doc anyway to keep track of weekly challenge results)... what d'you all reckon, is that reasonable or avoiding fully facing reality?

Think I've missed the current curvy challenge but I don't think it's something I'd do well with for now, maybe start with the next one if there's room for me... haven't been visiting anywhere besides my diary yet while I'm still finding my place here again :eek:

Mm heyho, small steps. Work stuff depressing me atm, this and that and also my turn for the minutes is finally upon me on monday - meetings got pushed back month after month so there's gonna be shedloads of stuff to note down... don't think my concentration will hold out, it's gonna be one of those 'airing grievances' things that will go on for hours :rolleyes:

Hmn, enough pouring out for now heh :eek:

Hope tomorrow scampers along quickly - looking forward to weekend lie-ins and new SW beginnings :)

LoChan1984 said:
I shall be off to the galaxy far, far away and a long time ago shortly :D It's good fun :)

Have taken a good step towards back on plan with doing online shopping with ocado tonight - got two out of three of those syn-free 'love life' meal thingies (the chimchurri steak and the salmon fillets) and a few other hopefully synfree/low syn things - going for easy stuff the first week so nothing too mastercheffy... hehe so Tilly should be able to pronounce all the names of my meals :D

Was a bit daft though as I was half-tempted to join online tonight so I could look up syns while I shopped but I don't want to put my weight in and stuff yet until I'm officially starting. Shopping's coming late tomorrow night so I should be all set :)

Hmn debating about putting current numbers on here/deleting sticker awards (again :sigh:) or just leaving those until I catch up to where I was? Will probably delete my wkly results from my signature and restart those(I've got them written down elsewhere in a word doc anyway to keep track of weekly challenge results)... what d'you all reckon, is that reasonable or avoiding fully facing reality?

Think I've missed the current curvy challenge but I don't think it's something I'd do well with for now, maybe start with the next one if there's room for me... haven't been visiting anywhere besides my diary yet while I'm still finding my place here again :eek:

Mm heyho, small steps. Work stuff depressing me atm, this and that and also my turn for the minutes is finally upon me on monday - meetings got pushed back month after month so there's gonna be shedloads of stuff to note down... don't think my concentration will hold out, it's gonna be one of those 'airing grievances' things that will go on for hours :rolleyes:

Hmn, enough pouring out for now heh :eek:

Hope tomorrow scampers along quickly - looking forward to weekend lie-ins and new SW beginnings :)

Nice to see you back Hunny!!

I don't think anyone is the slightest bit worried about your numbers... Just good to see you back!!

Why don't you just wipe everything and start totally afresh!! Leaving the stickers on may just be a reminder of what you have put on but then again they could be motivation!! You do what's right for you and we will be behind you 100%!!

Always room on the Curvys for you, just pop over and say hi when your ready!! Xxxxxx

pour out as much as you like honey thats what we are here for, to offer unjudgementel support :)

shopping sounds good, need to look up those meals.

I think it is up to you if you want to change your stats, but i agree with sugar maybe a new start would help. But then also don't discount what you have already achieved because it is an achievement that you should be proud of :D

enjoy those galaxies xxx

Back