LoChan's diary - hello!

I'm not sure it's working lol Might need to put more effort in.

cuppa?:coffee:

Glad you've got the food pics back up and running, it's my daily slabbering moment!!

Well done for getting back on track and I couldn't do 155 squats if I was paid so serious kudos to you on that one! I often think about the kettle bell thing, but I know mr lanark wouldn't allow it as we don't live close enough to the hospital :character00264:

I do quite fancy trying the kettleworx program as it supposed to be really good. My problem is more worrying I'll let go of the bell and fling it into the tv :giggle:

I sometimes just think about the kettle.

Can walking to the kitchen to use the kettle, and lifting my biggest mug be counted as bodymagic do you think?

Hope you have a good day Lo x

Every little helps lol Been a very good day thanks Izzy, day off exercise and got loads of Early Years paperwork done so I'm feeling quite relaxed and competant :D

they are lovely. Just something abit different I get sick of same old food hence ended up on ********* looking at recipes. Its a fab place to find recipes that can be tweeked. :)

I also came across smoothies on ********* and now love them. One way to eat lots of fruit and enjoy it :D xxxxxxxx I think the muffins could be HEXB tweek :D x

Ooh Jackie you've been swearing in my diary, you hooligan :giggle: Thanks for the recipes, I will do some SW tinkering over the weekend to work out syns and hexbs. Those breakfast cookies look and sound really good :drool:

hoovering? I'm more one for hovering... usually near the fridge lol

I think we're using the same workout DVD Izzy lol

I'm not sure it's working lol Might need to put more effort in.

cuppa?:coffee:

I'm wondering what the Amazon reviews would be like for this exercise dvd you two are using lol

argh I didn't swear I stupidly without realising or thinking mentioned another site. beginning with pin :D I don't really use it but lots of recipes generally

I might make the cookies in the morning. So simple really and can be tweaked accordingly :) I might even make them later if I get time and will let you know :) xxxxxxxxxx

It seems Minimins classes having outside P interest....s (?) is as bad as a good b00ger :giggle:

Hope the cookies turn out nice xxx

Well today is only very loosely SW friendly as I've been out and about with exercise class and shopping today and I've to go to my son's high school open evening tonight between 6-8 so not much time to cook :sigh:

Having a 'green' day with quite a few convenience foods but I've bought them from the local vegan co-op Unicorn so at least it's all very wholesome and animal-free convenience :rolleyes:

From scales peeks though I should be still in for a loss for official WI tomorrow as long as I be sensible and eat lightly when I get back from the open evening. Will do a food diary regardless anywho as I've taken pics of things even though I didn't do the actual cooking :D

Catch you all later xx

1.5 stone shiny and over 5% loss - ACHIEVED! :D

3lb loss this week, I'm somewhat gobsmacked actually considering all the mishaps and 'loose' days :eek: I'll have to be careful it's not one of those 'catches up with you the week after' things I guess but for now I can enjoy the new signature bling :cool:

Thanks Izzy, I'm trying to be on plan today but there's a few question mark foods I bought from the co-op that aren't listed for SW but I would think should be free. I bought some Natto which is fermented soy beans and some tempeh which is like tofu but it uses the whole soybean - so since all other beans seem to be free on green/ee I reckon it's safe to count these as free too, though of course it's a personal tweak so not strictly SW. It's an experiment anywho...

Though I've had the Natto for breakfast and couldn't finish it, I've had it before but don't remember it being quite so strong-tasting of blue cheese :( Very very good for you though so I powered through the majority of it lol

Might be having a bash at making a pumpkin lasagne tonight, did one ages ago but have forgotten it now so will be winging it methinks. Will do food diary updates stuff tonight as I've said I'd go to an extra circuit class today as I missed it on monday when I was feeling sick.

Going to a different leisure centre and it's one across from my old work so my anxiety is stirring up a bit (doesn't help that I ran out of my anti-d's last night so I've missed a dose :(). But I'll have to go to this place soon for a gym induction next month so I can case the joint today while going to my class, never been in a gym before so all I know of them is what I've seen on tv, mostly on Biggest Loser with people getting their ar$es whipped lol

Lo, well done on your loss - so chuffed for you - you've done really well - not a single gain or STS in 7 weeks!

Please take a pic of your pumpkin lasagne and share your recipe too, if you don't mind. It has jogged my memory about a pumpkin ravioli I made - I used philadelphia, but I bet I could mix the filling using quark and syn the oil in the home-made pasta. I could maybe even syn a wee bit sage butter to drizzle over the top...

Well done LoChan, that's an excellent loss, and getting your 5% too, you're doing brilliantly. :) x

Lo, well done on your loss - so chuffed for you - you've done really well - not a single gain or STS in 7 weeks!

Please take a pic of your pumpkin lasagne and share your recipe too, if you don't mind. It has jogged my memory about a pumpkin ravioli I made - I used philadelphia, but I bet I could mix the filling using quark and syn the oil in the home-made pasta. I could maybe even syn a wee bit sage butter to drizzle over the top...

Thanks Ellbee - and the pumpkin lasagne recipe is coming up, it turned out lovely :D

Well done LoChan, that's an excellent loss, and getting your 5% too, you're doing brilliantly. :) x

Thanks hun, I've just got to keep it up now lol The support on here really helps me though - I just have to show my face regularly to benefit from it :D

Food diary catch-ups... I'm not bothering with wednesday as I didn't have any new foods so no pics plus I went overboard. They had these new pretzel rolls at tesco that day, I bought 2 and scoffed them both and I reckon those two were about 28 syns on their own so we'll draw a discreet curtain over the rest of that day!

Food diary for Thursday - this was the loosely Green (i.e vegetarian) day but not strictly SW. I enjoyed myself but didn't take it to extremes.

B: Porridge made with water and hazelnut milk, brown sugar & cinnamon with chopped banana.

L: Laura's Idea Vegetable Curry with brown rice , quinoa super salad.

Vegetable curry (Laura's Idea brand).jpg
D: Two Goodlife Spinach and Lentil grills (really nice) with salad, honey mustard dressing and 1 tablespoon of some sort of pesto thing with pumpkin seeds instead of pinenuts.
Spinach & Lentil burgers (Goodlife brand).jpg

S: 'Eco' bio snack biscuit/cake thing, hazelnut milk latte, small scone my son made at school with jam, Raw Chocolate Co Vanoffee Dark bar (44g = 9 syns, worth it on a normal SW day I reckon, green and blacks quality).
The Eco Biscuit.jpg Son's scone handiwork.jpg 'Raw' chocolate.jpg

Food diary for Friday (On plan, GREEN, Day 50) - 160 squats, I'm a day behind with the challenge but not too bad really. It's getting tough!

B: Pre-exercise - Hifi bar (hexb). Post exercise: Natto (fermented soybeans) over rice with mustard (0.5 syn), soysauce and vinegar, Miso soup (2 syns), raspberries.
Japanese style breakfast.jpg

L: - I was really hungry! 4 Redwood Co Sage & Marjoram sausages (8 syns), Parmesan sweet potato fries (2 syns), quinoa super salad, 1 tsp mustard (0.5 syns).
Parmesan sweet potato fries & griddled sausages.jpg

D: Pumpkin Lasagne (hexa & 2 syns) with salad.
Pumpkin Lasagne.jpg

S: Hifi bar (hexb) and Mcdonald's fruit bag. Raspberries and mullerlight.
Going to have a hazelnut latte shortly for my 2nd hexa, possible with a mini crunchie (4 syns).

Attachments

• Cheesy!.jpg
    Cheesy!.jpg
    818.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Parmesan sweet potato fries.jpg
    Parmesan sweet potato fries.jpg
    879.6 KB · Views: 32
Pumpkin Lasagne - makes 3 generous servings at 2 syns + hexa each

1 can pumpkin puree (I used Libbys 425g)
1 cup/250ml vegetable stock
1/2 tsp olive oil (1 syn)
1/2 medium white onion, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic puree or 2-3 cloves crushed
1 tbsp dark brown sugar (3 syns)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ginger, nutmeg
1/16 tsp cloves, white pepper
pinch salt.
1/2 tub quark
Lasagne pasta sheets - depends on the size of oven dish you're using.
135g grated mozzarella (3 hexa's + 2 syns, I used tesco's).

Preheat oven to 160C

Fry onion in olive oil until translucent, add garlic puree and fry for a further 2-3 mins
- you may want to add a little of the vegetable stock to the onion to stop it drying out
and burning.

Add remaining vegetable stock, pumpkin, sugar, spices & salt - stir well to combine and heat
gently for a few minutes.

While pumpkin mixture is warming through, break the lasagne sheets up into pieces that will
fit your oven dish - put in a bowl/pan (I used a square cake pan) and covered with just-boiled
water to soften for a few minutes.

Take pumpkin mixture off the heat. Spoon roughly a quarter of the mixture into a separate bowl
and combine with the quark.

Start layering up the lasagne - I did one layer of pasta with a layer of 1/2 the plain pumpkin mixture, a layer of pasta with a layer of the quark/pumpkin mixture, then finally a layer of pasta, the rest of the plain pumpkin mixture then top with the mozzarella cheese.

Bake in the oven until the cheese is golden and bubbling. Take out of the oven and leave to cool
for 5-10 minutes - this makes serving it up much easier.

You could make this into four smaller portions if you want to - I'd add an extra hex of cheese on top so each portion would work out at 1 hexa and 1.5 syns. You can also make your own pumpkin puree instead of searching out the canned stuff, best to look up online for methods for doing that :)

Cheesy!.jpg

I know it's not a big deal really but I've got the exercise bug now and can't help the urge to make myself feel guilty if I miss a session. But it was fair enough, with such a busy day yesterday I just didn't have time to fit them in.

It's tidy enough though - I'll finish this challenge on 1 July and that leaves 2-31 july for completing the 30 day crunch challenge :) will take a break from challenges in august though as will be busy with my son off school, holidays, childminding etc. Don't know what challenge to pencil in next for September - I'm thinking that far ahead already :D:eek:

I know I was thinking of September too as if I want to keep jogging then I will have to manage the evenings.

I don't know about you, but I've never managed to stick to an exercise programme for 6 weeks before so I'm feeling really positive, you seem super motivated too :)

Our kids have only 2 more weeks of school before the summer hols!

Checking in - my home phoneline/internet is messed up atm so no connection all weekend and don't know when it'll get fixed so will just be popping in here and there when I'm working or can get at free wifi on m'phone.

Really bad time for it to happen as I've slipped down into the glums, pretty severely today. Would of been helpful to hang around minis all evening for some natterinv but I can't hang around mcdonalds all night :( not eating their food at least, I've sneaked in a subway whike my son has his happy meal.

I'm working tomorrow so will do catch ups and food diaries there if I have some free time. Hoping some sleep will make me feel a bit brighter. Just feels like every breath is pulling me down today :(

Anywho, sorry for the moodiness, it happens still from time to time. I'm due a meds review in the next few weeks so will see if something needs changing I guess.

Aww Lo, I think there must be something in the air today, as I'm feeling rubbish too and want to eat everything in sight. I'm meant to be going on a 6 mile walk tonight, the last 3 miles of which is uphill and all I want to do is have a sleep, eat dinner and sew or bead :(

Back