long haul s&s bods??

I'm here for the long haul too:D

I have been on s&s/exante since 2nd jan, have just had two weeks off plan though (really didn't want to but I was so ill with the 'flu :()

I always knew I'd be on it for a long time but it turns out I'm a pretty slow loser too so it's going to be even longer than I thought! But you know what? I don't mind at all:D I will get there in the end, I am determined to and actually I love the diet, I love the feeling of control, I love not thinking about food and I love the products:D

I have been on countless diets over the years but this is the first time I can really see myself getting to goal, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else throws me off track

Long as it takes for me ;)

I'm here for the long haul too:D

I have been on s&s/exante since 2nd jan, have just had two weeks off plan though (really didn't want to but I was so ill with the 'flu :()

I always knew I'd be on it for a long time but it turns out I'm a pretty slow loser too so it's going to be even longer than I thought! But you know what? I don't mind at all:D I will get there in the end, I am determined to and actually I love the diet, I love the feeling of control, I love not thinking about food and I love the products:D

I have been on countless diets over the years but this is the first time I can really see myself getting to goal, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else throws me off track

You are doing great. I'm the same, I have been on many many a diet and this time I actually believe I will get there. I am not sure if it is because of the diet or this site or a combination. I think the support on here is amazing and to see other people doing it makes me believe I can do. Before I never really believed I could but now I do and that makes such a difference to my success.

I am here for the long haul too, looking at at least November to get to my target and if I want to push on for a "normal" BMI then it will likely be January.

I am a bit of geek and stay motivated with a spread sheet tracking my losses and what %'s I have lost so far. I also track my BMI changes and measurements as I find that can be really motivating as well.

So many people have done so well on S&S and similar it makes me feel like I can do it too - thanks to you all for sharing your stories.

If I can't get to goal by September then I hope to by Christmas! The last Christmas I was slim was in 2007! I weighed 9st 11lb. I hate being big during the Christmas season with all the parties going on :(

I just posted something on a different thread making suggestions for someone wanted to get back into the groove - thought it would be good on here too - these are some of the things that I did through my 10 months...

"I would suggest that you take the time to sit down and write a list of the reasons you want to lose weight. Not the nice list you might tell someone else - but the real gritty nasty reasons. Write down where you want to get to and why. Be completely honest with yourself. This should help you to get focussed. Write a list of mini goals for on the way (some of mine were to lose each stone, to fit into a Karen Millen dress, to be able to wear a hotel bathrobe, to be able to zip up normal knee high boots...). Every week reassess where you are against your mini goals and celebrate the successes - pop on the forum and let us know or have a lovely hot bath or something!

Every time you find your focus wondering and you are tempted to have something off plan take out your list of reasons and really read them and think about what they say. If your reason for wanted to go off plan is stronger than those reasons for losing weight then do it - but I doubt that they will be. It's about being mindful of what you are doing and making the decision in your adult ego state - weighing the options and without emotion. If you can do that then you will lose weight and you will be a successful weight manager."

I also want to add here that to be successful long term I needed to consider why I put the weight on in the first place and to gradually accept that I couldn't eat the same way as I used to if I didn't want to put it all back on - that concept took a bit of getting used to! I've only just reached goal so I don't have any advice for successful maintenance - but I'm hoping to be a successful weight manager...

Hi I'll be around till September at least, then I plan to reassess and decide if I can do more. I am going on holiday then so may have a short break and restart in October.

I think that is a good idea Weasey. I am struggling a bit so think I shall start writing reasons down.

I've worked it out and I have 100 days to go, really want to get there. Tweaking my goal to 8st7 , so a load to go

Want to shift 22lb in July I'm gonna hit the gym hard

Xx

Back