Long time lurker looking for support

Orla75

i have been reading posts on this forum for quite a while .
I am approching 40 with 10 stone to loss and have just been told i have high chlorestrol and borderline diabetes .
Starting my weight loss plan tomorrow ,want to follow a low fat ,low carb diet .
I see alot of people on here have been successful with weight loss .Hopefully i will be too!

hi orla
welcome you will get plenty of support and good luck with your journey xx

Good luck Orla xx

Welcome and good luck, Orla. I also had 10 stone to lode when I started, though I was approaching 50 not 40! All the best. :) xx

Thank you for all replies
have been for a 45 min walk today
breakfast was oat bran porridge
lunch rivitas with a bit of philly light and ham
dinner low fat chilli (home made ) with bran rice

Evenings are the danger time for me ,hope to just have a coffee or water tonight !

Hi and welcome. I had over 10 stone to lose which I have now done. This place has been amazing for me and I am sure it will be for you too x

hi orla
your menu for today looks lovely hope all went well for you later in the day xx

Hi guys
Start of day 3 ! The previous 2 days have gone really well ,had homemade chicken curry last night with sweet potatoe wedges .
was'nt sure about calories ,had just a little bit and filled the rest of the plate up with lettuce and tomatoe .
I have found eating oat bran for breakfast very filling as don't feel hungry until 4- 5 hours later .

hi orla i love porridge for breeki and a banana it keeps me going for ages

Good morning ! Its day 4 and i'm feeling very positive today. Last nights dinner was salad ,tin of tuna and a jacket potatoe .I'm trying not to eat too much fat because of my high chlorestrol .
Exercise was walking in front of the telly while i watched 24 hours in a&e lol
hope you all have a good day and we all manage to make the right food choices:)

ho orla that sounds like a good day hope today as been a good day to and pat on back for the walking in front of the telly xx

Hi all
Yesterday went well .....until 8pm when i thought it would be a really good idea to have a glass of wine ... drank the whole bottle:(.
Back to being good today .
hope you all have a fab weekend
Orla x

lol orla that sounds like me the other week lol lol x x

You're doing really well, Orla. One diddy setback when the rest of the week has been going great shouldn't hurt too bad :)

Hi Orla, sounds like you're doing really well. Your food sounds really nice. I still have to lose about 8 Stone. Lost a stone so far. We can all do it :)

Back