Looby loser's diary

Good menu Looby! :)

Well think i must be doing something right . Mind you after the way i was eating before i started this i'm bound to lose weight. Only 3 days in but thought i'd jump on the scales today (not literally. They'd break!) That way i can make Monday my official weigh in day. 4 1/2 lbs off. Woo hoo. Know it's a bit different first week but that's spurred me on. Hubby wants to do it but he's got high cholestrol and type 2 diabetes. Is it a no no for him please x

Morning looby, just found your diary.

I had very high cholesterol but Atkins cured that for me, I've also read it's a good diet for diabetics, but obviously check thout out with his Dr first. see

Atkins Diabetes Articles

Thanks Jim. That's good news. Like you say best to check. It's the cholestrol they're more worried about so great to hear how it helped yours. Also just a quick question, what am i looking for with low carb sausages? Thought i'd give them a go and maybe make scotch egg. Is that ok in induction tho? Many thanks x

Scotch eggs contain bread crumbs normally, but if you make them yourself that could be left out. Do you have a lidl near you? they do a low carb brand called Milton Gate, check them out. There is a sausage thread somewhere with a big list of low carb legal sausages. it's probably a good few pages back now on the main Atkins thread.

Even better, got a lidl round the corner. Yeh i'll leave the coating off. Just thought it'd be ok to have in the fridge for when i get the munchies. Thanks againx
x

Sounds like a good idea to me ;)

Thanks.Be a bit trial and error til we get used to stuff i guess. Just made the cheeseburger pie. That's a bit scrummy x

Morning, ys that CB pie is yummy isn't it love

Some people go off food for a few days - it 's normal. Eat little and often but do eat. And lots of water!

Morning

I used to have days like that during induction, I suspect it was because I was eating so much protein

Hi Looby, you sound like you're doing really well so far.

For a list of low carb sausages (and lots of other things) there's a Low Carb and No Carb Shopping List sticky at the top, I've bounced it up for you :)

Hi Looby, hope the day is better:)

Evening.Dont remember much since about 3 o'clock. Signed off work for another 6 weeks,been off 16 already. Got some new painkillers and felt a bit spaced out all night . Had scrambled egg and bacon for brekkie and a cheese and mushroom omelette for lunch. Not great but all i could manage today. Hopefully be feeling better tomorrow. ope you're all ok. Night night all x

Thanks Emma. Feeling much better now i've halved the tablets. Me and painkillers dont really get on.
Diet was back on track testerday.
B:bacon ,cheese and mushroom omelette
L:chicken mayo salad
D:haddock with mayo, mutard and cheese topping(yum yum,be having that again today) and greens
S:scotch egg without the crumbs,sugar free jelly and cream

Morning looby, I don't get on with pain killers either, they send me in a spin

Not just me then Jim? Funny how something that's supposed to make you feel better can make you feel so awful x

Back