look like a heroin addict !!

I've been looked at funnily by a lass on one of works coffee tills for the past week... she plucked up the courage to ask if I was ill yesterday lol She thought I was terminal or summat...

I enlightened her to the joys of LT :)

I have to admit I feel like a celeb as I keep getting double glances at work... it's weird but enjoyable :)

Nicki... you look sexy as HELL... don't let em get to you kid... & if you need some TLC you know where I am ;) x

your welcome you deserve the nice words from everyone because you have done so well

oh my god nicki- i've just seen that holiday pic with you wearing that white top, and you look absolutely amazing! you not only look healthy, but you ARE so much healthier for losing the weight! they'll come round, and if they dont- sod 'em! im sure you've done this for yourself and not them anyways!

and ps....you dont look like a heroine addict! i just hope i can do as well as you on LT! x

wow just seen ur pics, u look great! dont let any1 or anything put you down.. u should be up on cloud nine. Just put it down to concern. well done on ur losses xx

Wow. They do say you cant choose your family!

Please dont let these people bring you down. You look utterly fab-u-lous and there just totally jealous! Its like bullies at school and very pathetic!

Hold your head high and be proud. You dont look like no druggie!

Hey babe! :) You KNOW you look sexy, healthy, vibrant and pure gorgeous! Your BMI is healthy, your healthy, and your fab! :D

I think your family is just used to seeing you BIG, and when they see you small they just dont think it is you! I know that my head still needs to ctach up with my weight loss sometimes, so i am sure that people who know us experience the same thing. Maybr your Dad just looks at you and feels confused and then being a man, obvisiously he doesnt have a clue about what he is talking about! lol

I really want to tone up my tummy and arms and to be honest I have had a lot of people tell me I am taking it too far etc. I think this can be very frustrating!!! I know I am an intelligent smart woman, and I am not going to be doing anything stupid. I just feel I got this far, and I have never had toned arms or tummy, so I want to look the best I can, I am 33 in November, so I really want to look good and be confident with who I am.

Your food diary is full of healthy, fresh, gorgeous, nutrious food. You are doing everything so right and you should feel very proud of yourself for what you have achieved.

I think u are awesome.

:)
xox

You look wonderful. I suspect they are doing the 'parental worried' thing as there is so much around about watching your children for signs of anorexia, and it must be a shock for them to see a 'new' daughter. In time I'm sure they will come to accept the 'improved' model and won't even remember how much larger you were. Just keeping looking in the mirror, it doesn't lie or make unhelpful remarks!

Fook em babe you look lush. The issue is with them and their attitude/perception of you.

They have had you in the fat nicki box for years and now you have quickly left that box and become sexy/sassy/confident nicki. People dont like change and you have fecked with their heads.

I'm getting the same sh*t down here, girrafe neck, I dont look like dave, I miss my fat mate, You look like a biafran - even though I still got a way to go.

If you are happy with your bod then way to go xxx very few people are.

feck em x

i think it is cos peeps get used to you looking a certain way and when you lose weight they need to adjust their perceptions a little - it takes time....tell em to Foxtrot Oscar and do your own thing hun!!

I mean - it aint likely any of us will ever be annorexic is it ffs!!!

Nicki, you achieved something momentous and amazing without their help. Subconsciously perhaps they need to feel lik eyou need them and you've just proven that you can do it all by yourself! YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE! They'll come round I'm sure, people can act strange when they're in shock. And even stranger when they feel they aren't needed. Perhaps you can explain that you need their support and would love them to share your pride in your achievement.
x,
Jan

Nicki I am so sorry to hear about the negativity you received from your parents. I think you look fantastic and as long as you are happy with what you see then that is all that is important.

My mum is the total opposite and said to my (then very underweight) sister after she had tried something new while on holiday "do you know how many calories there are in that?!" I know she doesn't know my sis was bulimic for years but honestly, she has no tact!

My OH decided a couple of years ago he needed to lose weight (on GP advice) and in a couple of months with very healthy eating and lots of exercise dropped a couple of stone. Friends were asking me if he had cancer!!!!! I didn't see any difference coz when I met him at 16 he was over 6 foot and 9 stone!

Nicki, don't let them upset you, you have done something fantastic and turned your life around. They will get used to the new you.

x

I will agree with daisybank on this one.. This is for you and noone else. I don't have people that supports me that tells me all the negatives about LT but its ok because i am doing it for me. Good luck and keep it up x

Keep your pecker up huny!

Congratulations Nick on your fantastic weight loss, don't forget you have suceeded in losing weight where the majority of people fail, and looking at your profile picture you look great too. Don't try and take to heart what your mum and dad said. remember the quote "you always hurt the ones you love".
You are an inspiration to me and always will be. :hug99:

This is for you and for you alone.....what others think or say does not matter. As long as you are well and taking care of yourself....and this is what you want for YOU.....keep doing what you are doing.
DON'T GIVE UP.....x

My Mum was and is so worried about this diet too. She can't get under my skin to feel what so much extra weight feels like and the associated poor health that I have had with it. If someone else met you for the first time they would probably think you were somewhere between in pretty good condition and perfect. It is going to take your family (and mine when I get to goal) a while to get used to your new look/

U look great! and trust me...if ur parents knew exactly what a heroin addict looks like they wouldn't be saying those horrible things to you. I work with drug users and tbh they DO NOT look like you. You look great! Well done with everything, try to keep your chin up, and like everyone else has said, they should be able to support you, if not there is something wrong with their attitude, its not your problem, so Feck 'em ;) Perhaps they're jealous at the weight you've lost and therefore taking it out on you? People can be so mean.

Keep smiling :)

Just a thought Nicki, but have you asked your dad to carry you around the room for a bit. Then ask him how easy it was for him to do that long term. When he says it would be hard then tell him that's how you felt before you lost the weight and now you feel much happier and your body is very grateful for you losing the weight for it! It may help!

x

Back