look like a heroin addict !!

wow nicki, i think everybody has summed it up for you but i just wanted to say you look fantastic & have achieved so much dont let it get you down (easy to say i know). They will soon get used to the way you look now & perhaps wont make any unhelpfull comments. I met a very close friend today i haven't seen since started LT and she couldn't believe how much weight i had lost & was full of compliments at 1st, when i told her i had another stone to lose she then started with the neg comments & saying that i should stop now. Eventually she went onto say that she felt fat now compared to me & i think that is one of the main problems, for so long we have all been the "fat friend/sister/daughtr/brother" & when we are not people feel insecure with themselves, we made them feel better about themselves before.
So dont you worry yourself about these comments, take em with a very large pinch of salt hun xxx

Of the people that no i am on this diet (15) only 4 of them actually ask me how i get on and support me. NOT even my best friend asks me! I think its times like this you need friends to talk to about how you are coping. I dare not tell my dad in case i get the "its not healthy for you" chat and before i was getting "when you going on a diet, you need to lose weigh. its not healthy" I think some people just dont like to see people achieve something in there life. My dad has always picked at me what ever i ate, "what you eating that for it will make you fat" but i have had this lecture from being 14 years old, but it was not just me, it would be random people on the street as well "er look at her, she is fat" i used to go mad at him. who was he to talk when he now looks like a buddah! I have learnt in the last few weeks that if you want something you have to go get it cos with some peoples negativity you wont go anyware. Im dredding losing more than 5 stone as people have already said dont go smaller than a size 14, saying i would look stupid :( but for my ideal weight for my height is 9st 7lb - 10st 3lb depending on your frame) Looking at your weigh in results you have done brilliantly. WELL DONE

Fook em babe you look lush. The issue is with them and their attitude/perception of you.

They have had you in the fat nicki box for years and now you have quickly left that box and become sexy/sassy/confident nicki. People dont like change and you have fecked with their heads.

I'm getting the same sh*t down here, girrafe neck, I dont look like dave, I miss my fat mate, You look like a biafran - even though I still got a way to go.

If you are happy with your bod then way to go xxx very few people are.

feck em x

Excellent advice. Also, food for thought as well.

People's reactions are weird - went to a BBQ this weekend and the majority of my friends - who I've not seen for a few weeks went "Wow - you look amazing!" However I have one friend, and out of our group we were always bigger than the others, and I was always bigger than her has been the most negative. She told me the diet was "f**king ridiculous" when I started and has not once made a nice or supportive comment. I am sure it is because I'm not her "fat friend" anymore. She's just jealous.

My Mum bizarrely has also started saying - "don't lose any more - don't go below 10 stone" and she's not even seen me since April. I will get to 10 and if I feel I want to lose a few extra pounds to give me a bit of leeway for a night out then I will - but I don't intend to become underweight.

Stick to your guns Nic - it will take them a while to get used to the new you - but they will accept you - they have to!!

Carol x

families! Your bmi is healthy, and you feel good and are eating healthy. Focus on that. If they want to band about insults but not even look at your food diary then dont take their comments seriously until they behave it. And tell them so! Peoples perceptions of weight has changed over the years and most think overweight is healthy and obese is overweight! Stay healthy! Xx

your family are just looking out for you. when you hear about all these scary stories of eating disorders i suppose u cant blame them to much, as they are your parents, its thier job to make sure u are ok!

only the other day my dad was telling me off for drinking to much water after some report of a woman developing some probems due to drinking to much water.

reasure them, however dont let it get u down. now they will see you maintaining a good steady weight they will see its all worth it.

i read on one of these threads about ppl heads taking time to catch up with thier bodies... maybe ur parents are still getting used to the the new look u, they will get used to it!

Good grief - they should get out and see some real heroin addicts.

You look GREAT!

You are obviously healthier and feeling happier etc. Jelousy is a very ugly emotion.

Well done and good luck with ignoring stupid comments!
xx

aren't people weird?..had the same thing when I was skinny and my parents were alive. However, when I did put weight on they both told me I looked fat even though they were themselves anything between 19 and 22 stone each for the best of their adult lives.
I suppose people just don't like change.
But! they will have to get used to it!!!

rant wanrning!

ok, so after sleeping on this - I have come to one conclusion...

why is it, that some people think its ok to be rude, if the rudeness is passed off as worry?

No disrespect to the people who have said 'give your family some slack they are just worried'

I just want to understand why?

Does 'worry' give us carte blanche to be insulting, rude and upset peoples feelings, cause we feel 'worried'??

How does our worry translate into allowing us to cause someone another negative emotion - upset??

Surely - the best antidote to worry, is cold hard facts. information. education. not a banding about of highly upsetting and potentially destructive comments?

It makes no sense to me. So I disagree with the 'they are only worried' explanation.

Yes, of course they are worried, but that does not excuse what was said to Nick, espec as they did not even want to look at her food diary or offer support or encouragement for chosing to be healthy.

Nick, be strong, and if they get on your case again, tell them, that unless they are prepared to sensibly look at what you have acheived and where you intend to go with it, tell them, from me, to sod off!

sending you love love on this rainy day in warks :hug99:

xxxx

I feel all loved up now. :sign0168:

I hate ignorance. :girlpower::girlpower:

Back