Looking for advice!

Myckala

Hi I don't like the flapjacks or soup so have to live off the shakes, chocolate and vanilla because I don't like the strawberry either....anyway recently the vanilla has been making me gag (sorry for the image!) It physically makes me feel sick drinking it. I can still stomach the chocolate just but i'm worried i'll feel the same about that soon! Has anyone else had this problem? and overcome it? I'm on day 19 and really need to stay on LT for the long term, till september preferrably but i'm already skipping shakes because I can't stand the thought of drinking them, and i know this isn't healthy as we're only getting the minimum amount of vitamins etc anyway....any experience you could share would be greatly appreciated! At the moment I just don't know what to do! x

i know what u mean about the strawberry havent tried the soup what about puting sweetners in the shakes or some coffee i came of it 4 4 days last week as i was away so instead of going to get weighed i decided to try and get a week out of what shakes i had left and just had 2 a day im fine i know this is not good but i dont think i could have handled putting weight on i would have given up . just filled up on coffee plus i had my mtotm as well which helped as i did not feel that hungry which is strange but normally i would have ate the fridge if not on theLT x hope this helps

i have days like that where the vanilla smells like a fish tank (yeah i know crazy!) and i'm not a fan of strawberry. chocolate isn't too bad and i like the vanilla made up with cold sweet black coffee. not tried the soup but i'm not a soup fan anyway.

Glad to know i'm not the only one! I don't drink coffee or tea so i'm literally stuck on water and shakes....at the moment i'm making them using the shaker you buy from the pharmacist, think i'm going to invest in a blender and put some crushed ice with them...maybe that will help. I don't mind drinking the vanilla one, its not that pleasant but the after taste is a killer I swear it tastes like horse poo afterwards, I brush and brush my teeth and still I can taste it :S Thanks for sharing your experiences though...at least I know other people and caving and it's still possible to stick to! aha good luck guys x

should say other people aren't caving and it's still possible to stick to! x

I can't stomach the vanilla or soup so I live on 14 chocolate and 7 strawberry a week. I didn't like them much at first but now I really look forward to them and they feel like food. Maybe you could try diluting them in more water (about 450 - 500 ml) cos then they just taste like flavoured water? Hang on in there, hun, it gets better! :D

Thank you :) fingers crossed i'll be able to I'm really determined on this diet, unlike ever before on the million other diets I have tried... Used a smoothie maker today and it was really good! put about 100ml water, the shake and a load of ice in and it was really thick and quite yummy :) just going to be a pain cleaning the thing 3 times a day :') suppose it'll be worth it in the end! Thanks for posting on here though and fingers crossed I too will grow to like the taste x

Could you maybe retry the ones you previously didnt like? Maybe your tastebuds have changed enough? If not maybe add coffee to the shakes or mint tea. Mousse maybe? Hope you find something that works.

I don't like coffee and i tried the mint tea with a chocolate shake and didn't like that either, or the mousse.... :') you probably won't believe me when I say normally i'm not a fussy eater but there are so many things on this diet that I don't like the taste of! hopefully i'll be ok now I have a blender, the only problem is going to be on days I'm not home but I suppose i'll cross that bridge when I come to it x

i make mine up with 350ml water minimum. i onlt have the strawberry, but might get some chicken soup next week. i did this diet a while ago and lasted 1 month, lost 2 stone, the shakes still make me gag though. i think of them as a necissary evil to get me slim. x

I honestly cant take the shakes without a blender. Tried them in the shaker and it was vile. The blender will thicken the shakes and makes them a wee bit frothier too. Hope you enjoy them more that way then!

Yeah they are definitely a lot nicer in a blender! can't believe I went nearly 3 weeks without using a blender now i've tasted them with :') thanks all for your advice and support.............they'll be calling us slim jim in no time (Y) x

get a wee hand blender 4 about 7 pound in tescos i bring that to work everyday and i kept a cheap plastic jug in with it 1pound in poundshop x

ooh great advice ginagee! didn't think of doing that (Y) x

Back