Looking for friendship

Baby_Cakes

Dave's little girl
I am 27, turning 28 in December (hopefully a few pounds lighter) married and live in the midlands.

I have 2 stone 8 pounds to loose. I am going to do this with healthy eating and exercise. Does any body want to buddy up? Be friends? Support one another in times of difficulty? Encourage each other?

I am an ICT technician in a school, am crafty and enjoy reading novels particularly crime/thrillers.

I have no local friends, which I believe to be one of my major problems.

=(

Im the West Midlands. Where abouts are you?

You are at the weight I wish to be. How did you get there? How long did it take you? Are you still loosing now or looking to maintain?

Im the West Midlands. Where abouts are you?

You are at the weight I wish to be. How did you get there? How long did it take you? Are you still loosing now or looking to maintain?
I lost my weight on a VLCD - cambridge diet i am at goal but still wanting to lose another stone by christmas..:) so trying to execrise alot more x

My husband has put a very firm foot down to a VLCD approach. I dont blame him to be honest. I have to make this a lifestyle not a quick fix. I need to learn what to do in order to loose weight, but more importantly what I need to do to maintain the weight.

What exercise do you do? I would really like to join a gym, but with a mortgage on a property and rent on a house I cant afford it!

My husband has put a very firm foot down to a VLCD approach. I dont blame him to be honest. I have to make this a lifestyle not a quick fix. I need to learn what to do in order to loose weight, but more importantly what I need to do to maintain the weight.

What exercise do you do? I would really like to join a gym, but with a mortgage on a property and rent on a house I cant afford it!
very true but i think with all diet plans it can be very easy to regain weight on any diet.. it is all about not going back to old/bad eating habits again... im very thankful for taking the VLCD route and its been the best and only diet that as given me success i have always wanted.

I love doing the fitness classes so will do spinning class tomorrow and hopefully body combat on saturday morning :)

so what's your plan then?

I am going to be calorie counting/healthy eating and exercising. The exercise is going to be in the form of fitness DVDs (Clair Nasir/Hannah Waterman) as I cant afford classes or a gym.

I am going to exercise 5 times a week and throw in the odd walk. My aim is going to be to loose 2lbs per week.

I am going to be calorie counting/healthy eating and exercising. The exercise is going to be in the form of fitness DVDs (Clair Nasir/Hannah Waterman) as I cant afford classes or a gym.

I am going to exercise 5 times a week and throw in the odd walk. My aim is going to be to loose 2lbs per week.
oh i have both of them fitness dvd's :) only ever used Hannah Waterman's thou.

Good luck with your journey :)

I'm in the West Midlands too, whereabouts are you?

You don't have that much to lose really and you're doing a great job by yourself, I think it's a good idea to avoid VCLDs. They should be a last resort if nothing else is working and it's obvious that what you're doing is working!

How many calories are you going to be giving yourself a day?

Hi good luck with your weight loss - i have lost just over 5 stone since october following slimming world - i went to a group and also did it at home by myself at the mo i'm going it alone - kinda of following the plan - more healthy eating kind of based around slimming world and i've just started up exercise again as i have suffered with a bad back since having an epidural and then a bad car crash so taking it slow. my first session back at the gym i did 15 mins on treadmill, 10 on bike and 20 mins swimming. also going to do aquafit :) stay in touch and let me know how you're doing.

I am trying to make a life style change rather thn dieting as its gotta to be something u can stick to to keep the weight off xx

I agree - a life style change. I will never do a VLCD again. I am feeling positive today.

I have a holiday to new york on the 10th October, so I am hoping to be close to 10 stone by that date (5 weeks). Going to push all I can.

Glad to hear you're feeling positive :) I'm sure that if you keep that attitude you'll do great! If you need help tracking calories and exercise, try myfitnesspal.com Quite a few of us on here use it, I think it's a great site personally.

hey, good luck mrs :) i love reading too!
i'm trying slimming world - i have had success before with weight watchers but put it all on, then tried calorie counting and for me i didnt have the will power - lol 100kcal of chocolate would be the same as 100kcal of fruit... of course i chose the chocolate lol so slimming world seems to be the best of both - keepin me eating healthily (when i'm sticking to it...) but also letting me have the odd treat.
I think one of my problems is similar to yours, although its not that i dont have friends its just that i seem to be friends with really thin girls or girls at healthy weights who can eat anything they like and they dont support or encourage me to loose weight at all - i went to a weight watchers meeting and my (size 8) friend wanted to come with me.. and spent the next hour saying how fat she was.... i just wanted to hide! argh!
xxx

Back