Slimming World newbie - losing for the wedding day

How did you get on yesterday? x

How did you get on yesterday? x

I had to miss this week as I have been in Poland and got back at 10pm last night. Spent 4 days eating and drinking what I wanted. Hoping by next week's weigh in I will be back down to what I was before. (12st3lbs). Was nice to be away and enjoy myself, and I feel ready to reign it in and start on plan again today. In the past I would let a long weekend turn into a bad week, or even month, so feel like I have changed my way of thinking quite a bit which is good. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning to get an idea of the damage

I had to miss this week as I have been in Poland and got back at 10pm last night. Spent 4 days eating and drinking what I wanted. Hoping by next week's weigh in I will be back down to what I was before. (12st3lbs). Was nice to be away and enjoy myself, and I feel ready to reign it in and start on plan again today. In the past I would let a long weekend turn into a bad week, or even month, so feel like I have changed my way of thinking quite a bit which is good. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning to get an idea of the damage

Ooh of course, I forgot about Poland! Hope you had a fantastic time! :) Good luck for tomorrow!

So how are you doing Charlie?

doh...you were in Poland.....looks like you had a good time!

doh...you were in Poland.....looks like you had a good time!

Yes I certainly did :)

Weighed myself this morning and I am 12st5lbs so 2lbs heavier than when I last weighed in. So Poland beer and food made me gain (obviously). Hopefully will be able to get back to my 12st3lbs by next Monday weigh in and there will be little damage. Then March is going to be a LOT less hectic and I am going to smash it!

Weighed myself again this morning and have lost my holiday weight already which is good.

With the snow causing my weekend plans to cancel it should mean quite a quiet weekend which should be on plan.

Feeling positive about March.

Ooh was it cold in Poland? Brrrr. Then again it's just so cold in the UK at the mo maybe Poland was a warm change 😂😂

I haven't been to Poland. Would you recommend?

Hope your week is going okay.

It was -10 so cold haha! But i love Poland and definitely recommend. I went to Wroclaw this time but have been to krakow and warsaw as well. The people are so nice there and it is so cheap! Especially compared to London where I live. Good food, beautiful views and great cheap booze!

So I sts yesterday, and that is fine after the hols to Poland. Now I am totally in the right zone to smash March and put the mental Feb behind me. Have 1 stone to lose in 4 months, so need to average 3.5lbs a month, but want to lose 5 this month.

I found out I got a new job last week eeeek, I don't start till end of April but it is going to involve travelling abroad for a few weeks, as is a travel agency and need to check out all the suppliers and hotels, excursions etc. Yet to find out where I will travel, but it may throw a spanner in the works for my diet, so hoping to have a good March and April to make up for it. I am full in training for the moonwalk marathon and other than the snow last week been walking 3 times a week, and have a 10 mile walk this saturday.

Hope everyone is getting on okay.

So I sts yesterday, and that is fine after the hols to Poland. Now I am totally in the right zone to smash March and put the mental Feb behind me. Have 1 stone to lose in 4 months, so need to average 3.5lbs a month, but want to lose 5 this month.

I found out I got a new job last week eeeek, I don't start till end of April but it is going to involve travelling abroad for a few weeks, as is a travel agency and need to check out all the suppliers and hotels, excursions etc. Yet to find out where I will travel, but it may throw a spanner in the works for my diet, so hoping to have a good March and April to make up for it. I am full in training for the moonwalk marathon and other than the snow last week been walking 3 times a week, and have a 10 mile walk this saturday.

Hope everyone is getting on okay.

Ooh your new job sounds AMAZING - congratulations!!

And well done on sts yesterday, that's fab! Just shows that getting right back on plan sorts gains out very quickly :)

Feeling determined this week. Have a 5 mile walk planned tonight and a 10 mile walk planned on Saturday. Am eating out Saturday night and going for drinks, but I have already planned a healthy choice on the menu and I am going to limit the amount I drink as I REALLY want a loss on Monday's weigh in and to get my 1.5 stone award. (need to lose 1.5lbs to get there). I have been chasing that award since January, and I am desperate to see the back of the 12 stone bracket this month.

1.5lbs - to my 1.5 stone award
3 lbs - to my interim target of 12 stone
3.5lbs - to get into 11 stone bracket
7lbs - to get to under 30 BMI and into "overweight" not "obese" category

Feeling determined this week. Have a 5 mile walk planned tonight and a 10 mile walk planned on Saturday. Am eating out Saturday night and going for drinks, but I have already planned a healthy choice on the menu and I am going to limit the amount I drink as I REALLY want a loss on Monday's weigh in and to get my 1.5 stone award. (need to lose 1.5lbs to get there). I have been chasing that award since January, and I am desperate to see the back of the 12 stone bracket this month.

1.5lbs - to my 1.5 stone award
3 lbs - to my interim target of 12 stone
3.5lbs - to get into 11 stone bracket
7lbs - to get to under 30 BMI and into "overweight" not "obese" category

Ooh you are so so close to all those goals! And getting into the overweight category - what an achievement that will be! Cannot wait until I'm there myself.

You're going to smash this week!

Ooh you are so so close to all those goals! And getting into the overweight category - what an achievement that will be! Cannot wait until I'm there myself.

You're going to smash this week!

Thank you very much, your words of encouragement definitely help! The overweight category is one that means the most to me to be honest, the health benefits are good, and also, being classed as "overweight" sounds soooooo much better than obese haha! x

Thank you very much, your words of encouragement definitely help! The overweight category is one that means the most to me to be honest, the health benefits are good, and also, being classed as "overweight" sounds soooooo much better than obese haha! x

I've just checked my BMI and I need to lose 14.5lbs to be in the overweight category myself - pretty surprised I'm that close to it! And I agree, overweight is SO much better than obese! My BMI was 40.1 when I started, so just in the morbidly obese category. Horrifying! x

I've just checked my BMI and I need to lose 14.5lbs to be in the overweight category myself - pretty surprised I'm that close to it! And I agree, overweight is SO much better than obese! My BMI was 40.1 when I started, so just in the morbidly obese category. Horrifying! x

Oh wow that isn't that far at all then, you will do that in a couple of months I reckon. You have done amazingly when you think about how quickly you have lost your first 3 stone. You must look so different. I have a bit of a hypochondriac tendencies, so knowing I will be in the next bracket and it will lower blood pressure, chances of diabetes, heart disease etc make me feel so much better. Hoping after my moonwalk marathon and all my training i will be a lot fitter too.

Oh wow that isn't that far at all then, you will do that in a couple of months I reckon. You have done amazingly when you think about how quickly you have lost your first 3 stone. You must look so different. I have a bit of a hypochondriac tendencies, so knowing I will be in the next bracket and it will lower blood pressure, chances of diabetes, heart disease etc make me feel so much better. Hoping after my moonwalk marathon and all my training i will be a lot fitter too.

Oh you definitely will be a lot fitter! The first time I did Slimming World I really just did it to see the numbers going down but this time I'm like you - I really want to be healthier and have a better quality of life (as well as see the numbers going down - haha!)

I am finally starting to see a difference in myself. A lot of clothes that I haven't worn in years are starting to fit now! It's like having a whole new wardrobe :) x

Oh you definitely will be a lot fitter! The first time I did Slimming World I really just did it to see the numbers going down but this time I'm like you - I really want to be healthier and have a better quality of life (as well as see the numbers going down - haha!)

I am finally starting to see a difference in myself. A lot of clothes that I haven't worn in years are starting to fit now! It's like having a whole new wardrobe :) x

Yeah I reckon as soon as I got to age 30 I started worrying more about that sort of thing. Also, want to have kids in the next couple of years and heard that the healthier you are the more likely you will get pregnant, and have a healthier pregnancy when you do. Don't want to be a frumpy mum either haha!

Yeah I reckon as soon as I got to age 30 I started worrying more about that sort of thing. Also, want to have kids in the next couple of years and heard that the healthier you are the more likely you will get pregnant, and have a healthier pregnancy when you do. Don't want to be a frumpy mum either haha!

Oh same! I'm 36 now so we're seriously starting to talk about having kids soon. Want to be in the best shape possible and fully intend to carry on doing SW during any pregnancy too! And I totally agree about the not being a frumpy mum thing! I'm already going to be an older mum so don't want to be frumpy too! Hahaha!

Back