Looking for my 'inner skinny'

Week 2 weigh in today, and I've lost 5lbs. That's 18lbs in two weeks.
I'm so chuffed.
Anyway, this is the week I gotta be very careful and stay strong.
I always seem to go downhill on the third week of any diet I start.
I'm hoping that the great results I've had so far will boost me enough to get through my mental block marker.

Week 2 weigh in today, and I've lost 5lbs. That's 18lbs in two weeks.
I'm so chuffed.
Anyway, this is the week I gotta be very careful and stay strong.
I always seem to go downhill on the third week of any diet I start.
I'm hoping that the great results I've had so far will boost me enough to get through my mental block marker.

OMG that's nearly a stone and a half in 2 weeks.....amazing!!!
You cannot go downhill now after such fantastic results!! If you are tempted just think back to those scales and how big your smile was on your first 2 WIs.

:wavey: x

Thank you.
I am indeed trying to be strong, but almost gave in earlier.
The old woman (mother) wanted cheese on toast for lunch, which I absolutely love. Man alive, it very nearly almost fell in my mouth.

Wow Magooz just read your diary WOW what a loss!!! I didn't even lose that in my first 4 weeks TS :S
You are doing great :) keep it up!

I feel like absolute cr*p today.
I have no energy whatsoever, just so so tired.
Everytime I stand up, I get really dizzy & get pins & needles in my hands!
I also have this weird indegestion type feeling going on.
Not sure whether I should try some food or not. Really don't want to, as it is my dreaded 3rd week - I always seem to cave in week 3.

Magooz said:
I feel like absolute cr*p today.
I have no energy whatsoever, just so so tired.
Everytime I stand up, I get really dizzy & get pins & needles in my hands!
I also have this weird indegestion type feeling going on.
Not sure whether I should try some food or not. Really don't want to, as it is my dreaded 3rd week - I always seem to cave in week 3.

What about a 4th pack?

Thanks Dustqueen.
I did indeed try a 4th pack, but it didn't really help.

I am feeling so much better today.

Not sure why I didn't think about this, but my Mum is a diabetic, so I used her blood sugar monitor. My levels were silly low, so I had some cheese & eggs (really tried to stick to low carb food), and it made me feel better almost straight away. So I have decided to add an egg a day to my diet, and I will see how it goes.

Magooz said:
Thanks Dustqueen.
I did indeed try a 4th pack, but it didn't really help.

I am feeling so much better today.

Not sure why I didn't think about this, but my Mum is a diabetic, so I used her blood sugar monitor. My levels were silly low, so I had some cheese & eggs (really tried to stick to low carb food), and it made me feel better almost straight away. So I have decided to add an egg a day to my diet, and I will see how it goes.

Oh good you sorted it out :) yeah if the egg makes you feel better it's a good idea x

Yeah, so far so good.
Still feeling well, so am gonna have an egg every other day and see how that goes.
After all, it really can't be too healthy eating egg every day.
Don't smell to great either ;)

I guess the adding the little bit of food (got bored with eggs, so had some quorn too) worked fine for me, cos at weigh in today, I've lost another 7lb.

Thats 3lb of off 2 stone in 3 weeks.
I wish I'd found this diet ages ago.

Well I believe there are a number of reasons that being on a mainly liquid diet, but I think I have found my very own unique reason.........

When confronted with the cat puking on the dog, proper splat on the back.
Well thanks to exante, all I could do was dry retch, thus avoiding adding to the carnage that was the kitchen, and living room, and stairs. Yep, the bloody dog would not stay still.

Sometimes, just sometimes, I do wonder exactly why I've been so blessed with such lovely animals....

Gross I know, but thought I'd share.
You're welcome.

Off to Bournemouth just now.
I really hope that those seaside chippys aren't calling my name too loudly.

Last edited:
Magooz said:
Well I believe there are a number of reasons that being on a mainly liquid diet, but I think I have found my very own unique reason.........

When confronted with the cat puking on the dog, proper splat on the back.
Well thanks to exante, all I could do was dry retch, thus avoiding adding to the carnage that was the kitchen, and living room, and stairs. Yep, the bloody dog would not stay still.

Sometimes, just sometimes, I do wonder exactly why I've been so blessed with such lovely animals....

Gross I know, but thought I'd share.
You're welcome.

Lmao pets hey gotta love them ;)

Absolutely. Although I'm sure I'd love em more if they weren't so gross.

Hmm, I don't usually weigh myself apart from weigh in day, and now I know why.
Apparently I've gained 2lbs!! Not entirely sure how. Am now really quite disheartened.

Magooz said:
Hmm, I don't usually weigh myself apart from weigh in day, and now I know why.
Apparently I've gained 2lbs!! Not entirely sure how. Am now really quite disheartened.

Ummm cr*p scales? Totm? Water retention? Did you weigh first thing? Don't worry it's not real weight gain x

Ooh, I hope so dustqueen, I really do.
Love that name btw.

Turns out it is totm. Mine are so erratic, there's no telling when its gonna pop up, apart from the terrible cramps that is.
I tend to go from monthly to every 6 weeks, to every fortnight. I would say its cos of my.weight, bit I've been like this since I was 11!

Anyway, I can't wait for weigh in now, I really really hope I can lose 3lbs so I can hit the 2 stone mark.
Fingers crossed.

Love that name btw.

Turns out it is totm. Mine are so erratic, there's no telling when its gonna pop up, apart from the terrible cramps that is.
I tend to go from monthly to every 6 weeks, to every fortnight. I would say its cos of my.weight, bit I've been like this since I was 11!

Anyway, I can't wait for weigh in now, I really really hope I can lose 3lbs so I can hit the 2 stone mark.
Fingers crossed.

Love that name btw.

Fingers crossed.

That'll be it then :) TOTM is evil and plays havoc with the scales try and ignore it if you can it will settle down again when it's over, it'll just be water :)

Well, weigh in number 4 today, and I am kinda disappointed.
I've stayed the same, so I guess it could be worse.
Fingers crossed for next week, although I will be having a day off on Monday. It's my birthday and its one of the only two occasions a year for which I drink. So drink I will.

Back