Looking for my 'inner skinny'

Magooz

Well, today is day one of my Exante diet (journey....) and as advised, am gonna start this diary. This is in a hope that I actually stick to the diet for more than 3 weeks, which is about how long i've lasted on previous diets.

Anyway, I currently have a very rumbly tummy so I am writing this to distract myself.
Hmm, does writing a food/diet diary help take your mind of off food????

Not been tempted by anything yet, which is good seeing as it's only day 1!!

Hi,

I started monday and so am on day 3 - the rumbly tummy feeling has pretty much gone now which makes this much easier. I have found posting on here a good distraction but I also got a couple of good books and some magazines to take my mind of food for the first day or two!!

I am sure when you see the results for the first three weeks it will keep you going! I've bought new clothes 3 sizes too small and have hung them in my wardrobe for inspiration and to keep me going!!

Good luck!! :eek:

Welcome Magoo :) Stick with it through those first few days, and if possible find lots to do to take your mind off that rumbly tummy. Once you're in ketosis hopefully a lot of that hunger will fade away and you'll feel great. The first week weight loss should be a good motivator to keep you going this week!

Welcome and good luck :)

Good luck....it does get easier honestly :)

Thanks everyone.
I have been playing games on my phone so much today that I drained the battery completely - oops.
Oh well, it kept me distracted.
I've been ok today hunger wise, less rumbling than yesterday.
So far I have been quite impressed with the flavour of the shakes and bars, until tonight that is.
I had the chocolate shake, and am quite convinced that that is what pure evil tastes like. I always thought marmite & coffee were the worst tasting things in the world - I was wrong.....

Welcome and well done on staying so strong so far. You'll find your tastes change with time so don't rule out the choccy shakes just yet! They happen to be my fave too. Keep us posted on the rest of your journey. Stay strong xx

Thanks everyone.
I have been playing games on my phone so much today that I drained the battery completely - oops.
Oh well, it kept me distracted.
I've been ok today hunger wise, less rumbling than yesterday.
So far I have been quite impressed with the flavour of the shakes and bars, until tonight that is.
I had the chocolate shake, and am quite convinced that that is what pure evil tastes like. I always thought marmite & coffee were the worst tasting things in the world - I was wrong.....

Yum yum...choccy shakes are my favourite although I make them with hot water and a couple of sweetners.

All of the soups/shakes were pretty gross the first time I had them but I really like all of them although choccy, vanilla and veg soup are my favourites.

x

Ok, so I will give the choc shake another go, with hot water this time, thanks for the suggestion.
Altough I'm not a hot drink fan, never have been. I ordered the mix exante pack of just shakes and bars.
Again so far so good today, apart from having to go to the loo literally every 15-20 minutes! I officially have piddleitis!!

Thanks for all the support peeps, it is very much appreciated xxx

Ketosis, where for art thou??

Still getting hunger pangs, last night was ridiculous. I couldn't sleep cos I was so hungry, was so tempted to go and raid the fridge, but I managed to stay strong.

I even managed to make it through (nearly) the whole day at a friends bbq party. I did leave early when I was really tempted to eat the sofa, let alone the food! Just chuffed that I stayed strong and didn't give in :)

Magooz said:
Still getting hunger pangs, last night was ridiculous. I couldn't sleep cos I was so hungry, was so tempted to go and raid the fridge, but I managed to stay strong.

I even managed to make it through (nearly) the whole day at a friends bbq party. I did leave early when I was really tempted to eat the sofa, let alone the food! Just chuffed that I stayed strong and didn't give in :)

Keep strong, you will get there, took me a few days to get over the feeling of feeling empty. Now I can stand the smell of almost any food and resist the urge to gobble it up. Still get the odd tummy rumble and the odd pang, but I know I'm
Not hungry and will not be doing myself any favours if I give in. During is not easy by any means, as we have to break life time habits, but each day we get through it makes u stronger: one day at a time.

Dieting not during, silly i phone keypad!

Well done for staying so strong.....nobody said this journey was easy although it does get easier and the end result should be amazing if we stay strong. The hunger pangs will go. I get the odd tummy rumble still but I don't actually feel hungry. It got to 10pm last night when I realised I hadn't eaten my soup!

Keep up the good work :)

Thank you all for the encouragement.
I am, at last, in ketosis.
And as you said, Elmerfudd, I got to about 11pm and then realised I that I hadent had my evening shake.

Well it's weigh in tomorrow morning, and I'm kinda excited to see whats what, but also kinda nervous. Think i've built it up in my head and am worried that I will be dissapointed.
Oh well, we will see tommorow

Thank you all for the encouragement.
I am, at last, in ketosis.
And as you said, Elmerfudd, I got to about 11pm and then realised I that I hadent had my evening shake.

Well it's weigh in tomorrow morning, and I'm kinda excited to see whats what, but also kinda nervous. Think i've built it up in my head and am worried that I will be dissapointed.
Oh well, we will see tommorow

How did you get on with your WI?

x

OH MY GOD..

Weigh in today, lost 13lbs!!!
Couldn't believe it. Got on and off the scales a few times, but yep, 13lbs gone.
So chuffed.
Think I'm gonna find me one of those tickery type things

Magooz said:
OH MY GOD..

Weigh in today, lost 13lbs!!!
Couldn't believe it. Got on and off the scales a few times, but yep, 13lbs gone.
So chuffed.
Think I'm gonna find me one of those tickery type things

Well done that's fantastic!!

That's amazing..........congratulations!!!!!

:wavey:

Oops, so much for a daily diary. This seems to be going the same way as every diary I start on New Years Day, and keep up for about a week, then forget all about it - kinda the same as the diets I start!!

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement.

Well I'm half way through week 2 now, and have been feeling like pooh for the past couple of days. I've started feeling proper hungry again. Really can't figure out why as I've been 100% since day 1 :(

To be fair, it's only the result of the first weigh in that is keeping me going.

I'm dead proud of myself just now.
My brother is visiting from Canada, and he is a complete food monster.
He actually turned up in a t-shirt that said "Eat big or go home".
So far he's had a big steak dinner, a chinese, and fish & chips, and I haven't given in once. He keeps trying to get me to eat the stuff, but I have stayed strong.

What willpower!!! Keep up the good work x

:wavey: x

Back