Looking for my slimmer, happier self.

Aslong as you work up the steps you will be fine! It will be hard maintaining but if you go back to normal eating you will gain so you will need to watch what you eat but it will be worth it :)

I hope so. My plan is to do it properly and work up the steps. I'm trying to tell myself all of the people "they knew" went from sole source to "normal" diet in the space of a day... I hope! I'm NOT going to put weight on. I refuse!! Haha

I'm finding it hard today! Days off are definitely the hardest for a couple of reasons.

I've moved to a new area so although I've got my workmates I'm still making friends, finding the places to go and things to do and unfortunately all those things in my pre Cambridge life involved going food shopping, cooking, going for coffee and dinner. I'm fast realizing that I only see other people over food!

So I've spent the day unintentionally intentionally avoiding people. I've cleaned, done the garden, walked the dogs and watched hours of rubbish day time Tele counting down the minutes until I get to have a shake or soup.

I think I need a hobbie but wouldn't know where to start. What do you all do to keep your mind off food?

I love my work but I can't be there 7 days a week (despite me taking extra shifts just to keep busy and a routine!)

I know it'll be worth it. I think I just need a bit of a moan today!

Hey Poko, I hope youre feeling a bit better today...? Sorry to hear you were having a rubbish day yesterday, I have days like that and I hate not having things to take my mind off of food, especially in the evenings as I work 8-6 mon-fri, so the evenings and weekends are tough for me.
I find having a nice long bath really helps me! I normally spend at least an hour in the in the evenings with a book/magazine (I never had baths before this diet, showers only lol). What about a gentle bike ride/walk/swim? I spend a lot of time on this forum or researching it, I find that keeps me motivated. Then theres cooking dinner for son and OH (torture!!!) but as weird as this may sound I love smelling the nice foods! I find it almost helps me, am I really weird??? lol
Im sure theres loads other people do to help take their mind off things, in terms of hobbies...I only really have exercise/gym, but theres loads of other things you can do, what kind of stuff do you like?x

Hey Poko, I hope youre feeling a bit better today...? Sorry to hear you were having a rubbish day yesterday, I have days like that and I hate not having things to take my mind off of food, especially in the evenings as I work 8-6 mon-fri, so the evenings and weekends are tough for me.
I find having a nice long bath really helps me! I normally spend at least an hour in the in the evenings with a book/magazine (I never had baths before this diet, showers only lol). What about a gentle bike ride/walk/swim? I spend a lot of time on this forum or researching it, I find that keeps me motivated. Then theres cooking dinner for son and OH (torture!!!) but as weird as this may sound I love smelling the nice foods! I find it almost helps me, am I really weird??? lol
Im sure theres loads other people do to help take their mind off things, in terms of hobbies...I only really have exercise/gym, but theres loads of other things you can do, what kind of stuff do you like?x

It's funny you should say about having a bath for something to do. I only have a shower in my house but did go for a shower yesterday afternoon, despite having one in the morning just to kill some time and heat my hands up! Found myself asking my flatmate to leave her dishes for me to wash up so I get to put my hands in warm water!! - SAD! Haha

I'm feeling a lot more like myself again. Working today and looking forward to that - again SAD! Going to take the dogs a walk and then come home for a warming bowl of soup before work. :)

Well, I've just had my lunch - oriental chilli soup. Thank goodness that was a freebie! BLEH! :eatdrink017:

Anyway work is calling and thank goodness I've got a lovely lemon yoghurt bar to look forward to!

We're sacking off all of the soups. Just not nearly as nice as the other stuff!!

Not had any of the bars yet but the sound of the peanut one positively makes me salivate! Hope they're as good as they sound! x

We're sacking off all of the soups. Just not nearly as nice as the other stuff!!

Not had any of the bars yet but the sound of the peanut one positively makes me salivate! Hope they're as good as they sound! x

I've only had the lemon yoghurt bars and I would honestly eat them Cambridge or no Cambridge. I quite like the chicken and mushroom soup and the vegetable soup. Still to try leek and potato...I might be brave enough to try it tomorrow lunchtime!

Well, I've had quite a good day today! I've manage to drink 3 litres and stick to my products despite seeing lots of lovely chocolates on the desk at work!

Another shift tomorrow and I'm a bit worried..because it's the weekend the lovely doctors bring in some "treats". Tomorrow is homemade Samosas...my ultimate favourite! I can taste them already! I think it's the one thing that might jump into my mouth other than a Cambridge. Might need to sellotape my mouth shut tomorrow!

Well, I done it! I caved and had a Samosa! So want to blame being stressed at work, extra tired, starving excuses but I can't. It was my friend's leaving do and they put on a huge spread and I thought "ok, only one!". I don't regret it. It was delicious and I had fun at the gathering without feeling like I missed out on anything. To be honest, I'm (semi) proud of myself because at one of those parties with all the finger food I fill my plate. I taste everything that is on offer and then I fill my plate again and sometimes again! But I didn't. I had one Samosa, enjoyed it and then stopped.

If I put weight on this week for the sake of one 4 bite slip up I'll know this isn't the diet for me. To compensate I'm missing one of my products so it should be fine. :)

It's my day off again but I'm not finding things too difficult today. I've been kept busy and there's still lots of housework to do!

Just 2 more sleeps until the weigh in and I'm feeling quite good! I actually really like getting to the end of the week and seeing fewer and fewer products sitting in the cupboard. I just feel it's one product less until I get to my goal! :)

Well, I think I posted too soon earlier! Today hasn't been too fantastic. I'm so cold again! Currently wrapped up in my warmest jumper and my fleeciest, biggest blanket. My fingers are so cold they've got permanent pins and needles.

I'm looking forward to a hot chocolate shake but don't want to have it too early. I find it difficult with my timings of products. I also start night shift later in the week and wondering how that will effect my weight loss and routine!

Mmmmm! Love a hot chocolate! :)

But I'm hungry, really hungry. I'm trying to silence my stomach with water but it's not going down well. I'll leave it an hour and if I still feel like breaking into the biscuits I'll need to do SS+ today and have a bit of tuna or egg. Does switching between SS and SS+ effect weight loss? I guess it'll be better than me calling a pizza!

Hi Poko! Just checking out your diary! In my experience its much better to have a hard boiled egg or bit of chicken than giving in entirely. My CWP consultant has said to have a SS+ meal if I need too although I'm determined to do this hard core ;)

That reminds me.......your consultant. It is so important to have a consultant that you can talk to. I have become great friends with mine. She invited me for coffee when I broke up with my fiance and never pressured me to restart until I felt ready. I can go over there and be there for 2 hours easily. She likes me to be her latest appointment so it doesn't matter if we get gossiping! She is a true wonderful friend and I know she is a massive reason I was so successful before. I've been very lucky with her.

I vowed that I was never going to put the weight back on. You can probably access my old diary and if you read it you'd be shocked that I gained it back. I was so motivated and determined to keep the weight off. Unfortunately life got in the way. I NEED to follow the steps when I get to goal. There is a lot more success at maintaining when the steps are followed.

Sorry for taking over your diary! Hope you feel better and didn't go for the pizza?!

Resisted the pizza! I had half a tin of tuna. As it turns out I don't like plain tuna. With out the mayo it's not worth having so the dog got the rest!

I'll be fine tomorrow. My problems are days off so I'm sitting thinking what can I do to keep myself busy tomorrow! Maybe some window shopping for some motivation...who knows! Definitely makes me realize what a comfort/boredom eater I am. It's all about breaking old habits and making new ones isn't it really?!

I know I can do it but bringing it back to the consultant I'll see how she is on Wednesday and then I'll make a decision! It's so hard picking a consultant!!

Resisted the pizza! I had half a tin of tuna. As it turns out I don't like plain tuna. With out the mayo it's not worth having so the dog got the rest!

I'll be fine tomorrow. My problems are days off so I'm sitting thinking what can I do to keep myself busy tomorrow! Maybe some window shopping for some motivation...who knows! Definitely makes me realize what a comfort/boredom eater I am. It's all about breaking old habits and making new ones isn't it really?!

I know I can do it but bringing it back to the consultant I'll see how she is on Wednesday and then I'll make a decision! It's so hard picking a consultant!!

I hear you on the dry tuna Poko, yak, yak, yak! Glad you resisted the pizza! I'm proud of you!

Hope your day off isn't too hard - fingers crossed the resistance paid off on the scales! x

Thanks Amy!

I'm hoping it will. I've got my weigh in tomorrow lunchtime. Do you eat and drink prior to weigh in? I know that's silly but if I have a litre of water that could be half a pound!! Haha

I have great plans for today. I'm going to hit Hobbycraft and find something to keep my hands and minds busy! Hope you have a great day too!

I don't have weigh in until 7pm, so have had breakfast and a little bit of water (not even nearly what I normally have) and I'll probably stop from about 1pm onwards until weigh in has been and gone. I don't really know though - I used to have a little ritual before Slimming World weigh in but I've no idea if it ever made a difference. I don't think this will be any different! The sheer amount of water I drink is scaring me!

I love hobbycraft! Make sure you get lots of glittery sparkly things to make yourself feel fabulous! :) Happy crafting (I'm so jealous!) x

Well, I've had quite a good day! :) Keeping busy is definitely my key to success! I went shopping, got some crafty things and spent the afternoon decopatching an Easter chicken who has gone on to lay some creme and kinder eggs that I've promised myself at Easter I can have one - if my flatmate hasn't ate them all beforehand.

I'm on litre number 4 today and trying to Shhhh the hunger pangs. Last week I wasn't hungry at all but the last few days my stomach rumbles for Britain. I think after the first week it's finally cottoned on that it's full of water not food!

I'm not sure if it's because I'm hungry but I am craving food for the first time too. The weirdest part is I swear I can smell the food I crave making my mouth water and stomach even louder!

Looking forward to 12.30 tomorrow to see if there's a change in the scales! :)

The wee witch that is my flatmate is away to bring home a McDonald's! She's not bringing me anything but I might lock her out the house until she's finished it!

The McDonald's was surprisingly easy to ignore! :)

Finishing litre number 4 and now going to bed because I can feel myself getting hungry again. If you're sleeping you ain't eating! Haha

Weigh in tomorrow! Also decisions to be made in regards to my consultant. I hope she makes a little bit of time for me! I want to know what the long term plan is. When should you move up a step!?

Back