Looking for my slimmer, happier self.

Hey Poko. So sorry to hear about your loss, and I agree with everyone else: you'd have regretted it if you didn't join in celebrating your Gran's life with the rest of your family. And you know that you'll be able to get on with CWP as soon as things have emotionally settled down a bit. Just wanted to say good luck with your journey, I'm subscribing and looking forward to seeing you thrive in the coming weeks xx

Thanks everyone for your support!

Gran is still holding on to life just now but you can see her deterioration every day and can look different hour by hour. She doesn't want us sitting about waiting for her to die so sent us all away to "enjoy ourselves". . Which is much easier said than done in the circumstances.

The last two days a Cambridge product has not passed my lips, however according to my scales at home I've lost 3lbs this week which under the circumstances I would be overjoyed!

Although I have been eating what seems like lots and lots I think it only seems like that because I'm used to Cambridge now. I've been keeping up the water intake and exercise as I am without my car at the minute so I'm hoping to keep that up by walking everywhere!

On another positive note I climbed Ben Lomond today which I definitely could NOT have done before losing the weight with Cambridge and all of you lovely ladies support! It definitely was not an easy walk up a little hill but the view and sense of accomplishment was worth it. I know I'll be sore in the morning though!

I'm going back home to the lovely Black Country for 3 shifts at work before travelling back to Scotland on Friday to support my gran and family for 2 weeks. I'm hoping there will be less food and I'll have stronger will power to say "No, thank you. I've got my Cambridge."

well i imagine its quite a stressful situation and so you just need to look after you and not worry so much about your weight, as long as you dont eat 50 pizzas and a bunch of easter eggs i am sure you will be fine

Not 50 pizzas...just one, and a chippy, macaroni, ice cream and jelly and a ban and a Sunday roast! Haha

Not all in one day though! :angeldevil: haha. I have no regrets. I enjoyed my time with my family.

Anyway, today I am back on Cambridge 100%. I had a toffee and walnut shake, chicken and mushroom soup and had my maple and pecan porridge at work all washed down with 3 litres of water.

I'm feeling good about being back on track. I have my goal in my sights!!

I've not even thought about making a hot toffee and walnut!!!

I've just had a hot chocolate for breakfast. Feel like having a snuggly duvet day on the couch with chocolate and cheese on toast. But I can't! Work at 2pm. CC at half 12 (not a weigh in, just picking up more products. Don't need to be told by her that I've stayed the same or gained after the week I've had!)

So I suppose I should get my arse in gear and get a move on.

It must be good if you're having it again.Will need to try it soon!

I've had a lovely day at work and have managed to keep busy today so sticking to the diet was easy. I met with my CC and got a load of products for my next few weeks home in Scotland. I'm determined that I'm not going to be having too many big family dinners when I'm home. I need to realize that there are other ways to be social!

Not only that but when you spend £90.90 for 2 weeks worth of food for one person you're going to make sure it's all eaten! Haha

If I'm strict with myself I am sure I'll see 10stone something on the scales and will allow myself to start moving up the steps. :) I'm feeling positive. WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!

Glad your feeling better, you really sound motivated! Haha I feel the same about the mango shake. Apparently its nicer in the mix-a-mouuse but I don't want to take chances!

mango shake is vile, and i love mango type things, but it has a plasticy aftertaste or something lol. almsot time for my first shake of the day. got weighed this morning and lost another 4lbs (since monday) even though i pigged a load of chickpeas last night - doesnt sound very appetising but it was lol.

I'm back! After almost 10 days of Cambridge absence I've managed to stay the same weight. I've spent the last week and a half eating all the rubbish in sight. I kid you not I have had about 5 burgers and chips, umpteen bits of chocolate, take always and fizzy drinks.

I bought two weeks worth of products 10 days ago and today I decided to have my first one. Bad I know but in all honesty I saw so demotivated by my CC I thought "why am I bothering?!"

When I went to weigh in I had stayed the same which I was really pleased about because of the situation with my gran and the small cheats I had had that week. My CC asked how things were but you could tell she wasn't interested in the answer. She then told me that I vet a certificate when I lose a stone so I pointed out that it was actually the last week I had lost a stone. She replied that "under the circumstances" she didn't think it was appropriate to give me it with what was going on in my life. All I could think was that's got nothing to do with my gran. I'm losing weight regardless of the life events going on around me and unfortunately nothing seems to be going very positively at the moment so I would love more than ever to get a "well done for achieving this despite the rubbish you're going through". However, I left it and bought ny 2 weeks worth of products as I was going home to Scotland whilst on annual leave. She didn't make me an appointment for when I was coming back as I was to call her when "I'm ready to resume". Resume? I hadn't stopped at thAt point. I was so annoyed! Maybe you'll be reading this and think I'm over reacting but all I could think was how dare she say that! I've been working bloomin hard and she just made me feel like nothing but managed to wrap her words so it sounded like she was doing me a favour!

Anyway, I'm starting two weeks of Cambridge and I'm hoping I'll be in the low 11s/high 10s. I'll be so close to my goal and I'll start some exercise classes. If I feel I need more Cambridge which I might I'll get a different consultant.

Hey Poko! Nice to see you back on here, have missed your updates :) Just wanted to say that you're totally NOT overreacting! Your consultant sounds awful to be honest. I personally find that because my consultant is so lovely I want to do well for her! But if she wasn't very good I think I'd be more inclined to just think oh shove it. But your back and on the right track :) is there another consultant you could see in your area?
Also, solo much kudos for not putting weight on! It's a miracle haha. Keep up the good work doll, can't wait to see your positive progression :)

Update time!

I feel like I've not lost any weight in ages and feel like I've been doing this for too long. Why did I not just wake up skinny and toned this morning? I was feeling super positive yesterday and ever went for a run. Contrary to my beliefs I don't die every time I do exercise!

I was feeling good today and managed to avoid all the chocolate cake work but now I'm home I'm just so tired but don't want to have my 3rd product just now but I do need something to wake me up. I've crashed big time.

Maybe I should sleep or go a walk or eat something delicious.... But for now I'm going to think myself thin.

Hi Poko!
Massive well done for your weight loss, despite all the crap you've been going through! Definitely get a new consultant. Sounds like she shouldn't be doing the job, she's not motivating or supporting you at all! There are good ones out there. If you're feeing demotivated, just look at how far you've come. We started about the same time and you are doing so well! I hear people can reach a plateu when losing weight, that could be the issue. Just keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure you'll reach your goal in no time. :)

Hi poko! I noticed you've not been on in a while. Hope things are going well for you :) xx

Back