looking for support and inspiration

wish ur a very lucky person to be able to limit the crisps ive discovered for me that with crisps it has to be all or nothing if i have one pkt im like mmmmm another one wont matter then another and before i know it ive eaten a multi pack and the kids are asking where the crisps have gone lol

Trust me, i'm not lucky, and 4 weeks ago I am with you on the one pack leads to another 5 packs! I could scoff my way through a giant pack of kettle crisps and then want to open another, believe me! But, I have somehow, managed to change that, it wasn't easy to be honest and I still do crave to have a packet or three of crisps of an evening (my worst time for them) But by changes to french fries, I have managed to somehow stay in control. I think its because this time I am doing this for me, not to please other people and I know if I grab the crisps I am only cheating myself and undoing a lot of hard work. I know you are probably thinking, yeah right, its not that easy, cos I would have been thinking the same too 5 weeks ago. I think the key is not to deprive yourself completely, as that way, it becomes too hard. TBH crisps aren't that bad really, just have them in moderation like everything else really.

HTH:)

im sure i will prob give into the cravings at certain times but im definatly trying to quit the crisps for the moment while i get my mind in the right frame, i gave up smoking nearly 2 years ago so im sure i can give up crisps, will just have to become addict to this forum least my fingers will get a good work out lol

im sure i will prob give into the cravings at certain times but im definatly trying to quit the crisps for the moment while i get my mind in the right frame, i gave up smoking nearly 2 years ago so im sure i can give up crisps, will just have to become addict to this forum least my fingers will get a good work out lol

:D:D

I am more than sure you can hun, you have done fab quitting smoking, so you do have the willpower! Stick with us, you will be just fine:)

I gave up smoking without a problem about five years ago. I guess the difference with food addiction is that you have it in the house. When I'm in a binge mood nothing is safe:(

im trying to be good and getting the kids on the healthy eating aswell then i dont have to buy so much junk food for them kinda feel bad if i deprive them of the fun stuff, mind u i keep saying dont eat to much of it or u will end up like me, ive figured if i buy them walkers crisps ill be ok as i dont like them yuckkkkkkkkkkkk lol
i was just thinking i dont binge really but then my brain kicked me and said wellll duh wot were you doing when you ate 5 pkts of crisps at a time omgggggggggg honesty again

Good luck hun.
maybe if you browse on here in the forums you will be able to find a diet which you think will be beneficial for you.ood luck and keep us posted!

g

thanx christina, ill keep looking im sure eventually ill find something that suits me

I lost 12? 15? ack.. I forget... lbs the first month and then 10, 10, 10..or something like that.
Mind you, glycogen holds water...and by eliminating carbs, well.. the water doesn't have anything to bind it up in the muscles and in that first month you lose a good bit of weight as "water weight." Its weight loss...but not fat loss.

I think ill be happy to lose anything aslong as its a loss it will still be encouraging, some things definatly a state of mind and my mind is definatly a state lol

lol@Kazzy:)

Kazzy - how's it going?

thanx for the support dancing :D

hiya sam its going pretty good i think lol ive managed not to eat junk since monday and its now wednesday so im doing good that way im also managing to control portions im using a smaller plate and not piling it on so yeeeeeeeeeeeee me lol

Hows things going with you?

at the minute im just gonna try smaller portions and no junk food and more walking the dogs and see if i get any results and if that fails i think slimming world or weight watchers would be the best for me

at the minute im just gonna try smaller portions and no junk food and more walking the dogs and see if i get any results and if that fails i think slimming world or weight watchers would be the best for me

ok well that sounds good keep us all posted on how you do.
good luck

yeah i will this site is so inspirational to me and helps keep me focused i dont feel like im dieting alone which is a huge bonus

yeah i will this site is so inspirational to me and helps keep me focused i dont feel like im dieting alone which is a huge bonus

ye i no same thats why i love to come on here because there are so many inspirational comments and success stories which keep you motivated. Also because it feels like im on a journey with a load of people supporting me. Which is a great feeling.

thats a good way to describe it ill just have to hang on tight and make sure i dont fall off the train lol

thanx for the support dancing :D

hiya sam its going pretty good i think lol ive managed not to eat junk since monday and its now wednesday so im doing good that way im also managing to control portions im using a smaller plate and not piling it on so yeeeeeeeeeeeee me lol

Hows things going with you?

It's going well. I've not exercised yet,but the eating is controlled at the mo which is good:)

Back