looking for support and inspiration

ye i no same thats why i love to come on here because there are so many inspirational comments and success stories which keep you motivated. Also because it feels like im on a journey with a load of people supporting me. Which is a great feeling.
Yep, definitely a great place for support 24/7:)

im sure you wont!
have you had any success with your weight loss so far? i no its still too early to tell really though

i dont feel as bloated so im sure thats a good sign must be all the green tea and peppermint lol and not done to much walking except round the shops looking for clothes for my sons birthday but i feel positive

i dont feel as bloated so im sure thats a good sign must be all the green tea and peppermint lol and not done to much walking except round the shops looking for clothes for my sons birthday but i feel positive

how are you finding the green tea?
i was going to try it because its apparently meant to speed up your metabolism im not sure by how much but anything counts i suppose lol.

well done sam i know that feeling, we should be proud of ourselves that weve done well with the food management so far :party0019:

New Gal!

Hi Kazzyh4, hi everyone!

I'm new here... i've been trying to lose weight for years and years now, i'm the only 'fat' girl in my family. I don't look too bad I suppose but it really gets me down that my sister and cousins wear size 8-10 and I have to buy size 16. Last year I did that Paul McKenna thing and it went really well - i used to be a size 18 and went down to a 16. Then I had my finals at uni and it went a bit downhill, but as far as i'm aware I haven't gone back to what I used to be. I'm going on holiday in 9 weeks and I want to lose some weight and keep going, my perfect weight would be the one that i need to be in order to be a size 12. I haven't weighed myself in ages because when I was doing Paul Mckenna, he suggested not to...before that I was totally obsessed with it. I'm 5'10" and I THINK i'm around the top end of 14 stone. Would love to go down to 13 stone something for August 12th. Do any of you think that's possible? I'm so happy to have found this, I need some support. Good luck everyone!! And sorry for the essay. x

Hello Elle2585

I guess realistically you have about two months to diet. If you average a 2lb loss then that would be just over a stone off, if you go on a stricter diet I would think it would be possible for you to get closer to your target.

Have you an idea of which diet you will follow? There are lots of them out there and this forum tends to have a section for most of them.

What ever you opt for I wish you success.

Sam xx

Hiya elle
Good luck with whatever you choose ive been doing portion control (using a smaller plate) and healthy food and so far ive done good ive managed not to have any crisps since sunday which is my downfall so thats 4 days off the crisps woooooohooooooooo and to be honest i feel better for it but ive only seriously been trying to lose weight since monday so ive not had a weigh in yet thinking of changing my weigh in day from a monday to a friday so if i splurge at weekend i got all week to work it off again lol
:grouphugg:

I tried weightwatchers and did lose some weight, around 9 lbs, but I got bored of it lol. I'm USELESS like that, I can't really follow anything like weightwatchers or calorie counting where i need to spend my time working things out. My most successful YET unsuccessful diet was that ridiculous Aitkens one where I lost two stone and then put three back on when i started eating carbs again!! grrr. I think this time i'm going to just try and cut down my portions, cut out the crap and exercise...

im just a rebel and hate being told wot i can and cant do that includes with food but ill keep trying small portions and no junk and see what happens

I'm eating whatever I want- nothing is 'banned'- I'm just not eating as much of it as I used to! I want this to be a lifestyle thing- not another failed 'diet'. Small portions definately helped me.

I'm eating whatever I want- nothing is 'banned'- I'm just not eating as much of it as I used to! I want this to be a lifestyle thing- not another failed 'diet'. Small portions definately helped me.

That's my thinking too:)

Irishmum, I like the way you think!

Infact tonight i'm going to eat my dinner on a smaller plate. Wooooo...!!

Back