Looking for support

QueenOfTatta

Hello everyone!
I have been coming across this site everytime I have googled something exante related so thought I'd give it a go. Im 1 week into exante and have found it quite easy as I have things to keep me occupied. I gave birth 2 weeks a go (I know not recommended so soon after birth but I am not breast feeding and thought it would be best for my mental health if I started asap)

I have no idea what I weighed before but just bought some scales and after a week on exante I'm 18st9lbs and oh my goodness what a shock! I honestly didn't think I weighed that much I am only 5ft1 so this is extremely unhealthy for me. I have had a little cry due to the shock of it and thought I'd sign up here for some support from people who are on the same journey as me.

How much could I expect to lose on exante? I am on the 800 meal plan but have only been having 3 meal replacements a day and have been satisfied along with all the water. I really want to get my weight down as much as possible and as quickly as possible before I lose motivation. If I don't see any results I'll lose motivation (happened in the past) but I know if I see a stone lower on the scales I'll be motivated to carry on. My plan is to do this for 6 to 8 weeks and then start introducing healthy meals into my diet.

Hello @QueenOfTatta - sorry no-one saw yr post. Congratulations on your new babe. @Bertie81 & @Shrinkingvioletnomore can probably advise You'll probably shed a bit more in your first week, and then 2-4lbs a week.

Come and join us on the Team 50 thread and you can check in each week. It keeps me on trackl!

Edited to add - l lost a lot on a vlcd. lt works very well. The issue is maintainng when you get to goal. So you need to be as dedicated when you get there. You will be successful - you just need to do it one day at a time - and use some electrolytes if you feel faint or headachey. Just ask if you want a recipe.

Hello everyone!
I have been coming across this site everytime I have googled something exante related so thought I'd give it a go. Im 1 week into exante and have found it quite easy as I have things to keep me occupied. I gave birth 2 weeks a go (I know not recommended so soon after birth but I am not breast feeding and thought it would be best for my mental health if I started asap)

I have no idea what I weighed before but just bought some scales and after a week on exante I'm 18st9lbs and oh my goodness what a shock! I honestly didn't think I weighed that much I am only 5ft1 so this is extremely unhealthy for me. I have had a little cry due to the shock of it and thought I'd sign up here for some support from people who are on the same journey as me.

How much could I expect to lose on exante? I am on the 800 meal plan but have only been having 3 meal replacements a day and have been satisfied along with all the water. I really want to get my weight down as much as possible and as quickly as possible before I lose motivation. If I don't see any results I'll lose motivation (happened in the past) but I know if I see a stone lower on the scales I'll be motivated to carry on. My plan is to do this for 6 to 8 weeks and then start introducing healthy meals into my diet.
Hello congratulations on your baby I hope you are well and well done to you!!
It is entirely up to you but I do agree with @Shrinkingvioletnomore I was nowhere near considering losing weigh 2 weeks post partum but of course that is me(my youngest turned 2 in June and I think I just started around then) I would give yourself a few more weeks to let your body recover and also rest and enjoy the snuggles with your newborn (and of course to let the hormonal rollercoaster get back to some sort of normality!).
However, it is your body and mental health and you feel this would benefit you then maybe you could do it on a bit higher calories have a talk to your health visitor as well(again this is entirely your choice) Also consider maybe how exhaustingly wonderful newborns are(sleep or lack of!), please don’t put pressure on yourself.
I have lost every week which I am delighted with and did start with a good loss in the first week. I am on Exante and do 3 meal replacements and a 200kcal meal totalling 800kcals.
There are alternatives some Exante dieters do of 1200 kcals or 2 meal replacement and the rest of calories in food. Above all be kind to yourself and do what is best for you I am definitely going to be here in a few months plodding on and it’s a lovely supportive community so any questions you have please ask hopefully I can help 😃.

Hello congratulations on your baby I hope you are well and well done to you!!
It is entirely up to you but I do agree with @Shrinkingvioletnomore I was nowhere near considering losing weigh 2 weeks post partum but of course that is me(my youngest turned 2 in June and I think I just started around then) I would give yourself a few more weeks to let your body recover and also rest and enjoy the snuggles with your newborn (and of course to let the hormonal rollercoaster get back to some sort of normality!).
However, it is your body and mental health and you feel this would benefit you then maybe you could do it on a bit higher calories have a talk to your health visitor as well(again this is entirely your choice) Also consider maybe how exhaustingly wonderful newborns are(sleep or lack of!), please don’t put pressure on yourself.
I have lost every week which I am delighted with and did start with a good loss in the first week. I am on Exante and do 3 meal replacements and a 200kcal meal totalling 800kcals.
There are alternatives some Exante dieters do of 1200 kcals or 2 meal replacement and the rest of calories in food. Above all be kind to yourself and do what is best for you I am definitely going to be here in a few months plodding on and it’s a lovely supportive community so any questions you have please ask hopefully I can help 😃.
Thanks so much for your reply :) I have just weighed myself after a week and I have lost 8lbs woo! Thought I'd give it a go and if I felt too tired I'd stop but honestly even being up with night feeds I have so much energy. I've fully recovered from birth and feel great, my skin has cleared up and on the plus size I don't have to spend too much time thinking about eating healthily when the work is done for me woth exantw. I'm surprised I feel this good so soon after birth but I'm not complaining. How are you doing on your exante journey?

I would honestly recommend you wait until at least 6 weeks pp as you are recovering from a major trauma within your body. You can lose a lot I’m 4.5 stone down in 4.5 months.
Thank you for your reply :) I thought I'd just try and if I felt rubbish then stop but I feel great and am near enough fully recovered from birth. Ive never had this much energy. Wow that's a great weight loss well done to you. Hopefully I can be the same.

Hello @QueenOfTatta - sorry no-one saw yr post. Congratulations on your new babe. @Bertie81 & @Shrinkingvioletnomore can probably advise You'll probably shed a bit more in your first week, and then 2-4lbs a week.

Come and join us on the Team 50 thread and you can check in each week. It keeps me on trackl!

Edited to add - l lost a lot on a vlcd. lt works very well. The issue is maintainng when you get to goal. So you need to be as dedicated when you get there. You will be successful - you just need to do it one day at a time - and use some electrolytes if you feel faint or headachey. Just ask if you want a recipe.
Thanks so much for your reply. I have lost 8lbs in a week woo! I feel great aswel it must be all the vitamins. I will take a look at the team 50 thread thankyou :)

Thank you for your reply :) I thought I'd just try and if I felt rubbish then stop but I feel great and am near enough fully recovered from birth. Ive never had this much energy. Wow that's a great weight loss well done to you. Hopefully I can be the same.
Fair play to you. I would definitely recommend that you purchase some biotin now as you will be due hair fall pp and you don’t want to have a double whammy x

Thanks so much for your reply :) I have just weighed myself after a week and I have lost 8lbs woo! Thought I'd give it a go and if I felt too tired I'd stop but honestly even being up with night feeds I have so much energy. I've fully recovered from birth and feel great, my skin has cleared up and on the plus size I don't have to spend too much time thinking about eating healthily when the work is done for me woth exantw. I'm surprised I feel this good so soon after birth but I'm not complaining. How are you doing on your exante journey?
Well done that’s brilliant!!! Really delighted for you and well done apologies I have just seen this this evening! Sounds like you are doing great and it fits in perfectly for you which is ideal!
I am doing well really pleased with the results I am getting from Exante and have to say it really has changed my outlook on myself since I started it in a positive way so I can only sing it’s praises!
I hope this week is going great for you have you got any favourite meal replacements at the moment or still trying them all out?

i'm not an exante woman - but on their behalf, you are welcome here! How is it going?

Hi @kayes81 hope you are well. I am an Exante’er so nice to meet you and lovely to (virtually) see you! I am about 14 weeks in and have found it a really brilliant plan for me. How are you finding it? I went on it as my weight was spiralling and I felt very low about myself and it has given me a boost of self worth (which makes no sense as nothing can give you self worth only yourself) but I do feel better about myself!
I am no expert at all but I am on the 800 plan and finding it really good. Hope you are getting on ok.

I missed your post, but welcome to Minimins, I do not do exante, but slimming world. But I see other users who use the same system are helping you with your questions. I find the challenges useful reporting each week your progress has kept me motivated as I knew my weight loss journey was going to be a long one with 10 stone to lose. But with help and support of others I have now just reached my half way point of 5 stone lost.

Good luck with your weight loss journey and reaching your goals each week,

Well done that’s brilliant!!! Really delighted for you and well done apologies I have just seen this this evening! Sounds like you are doing great and it fits in perfectly for you which is ideal!
I am doing well really pleased with the results I am getting from Exante and have to say it really has changed my outlook on myself since I started it in a positive way so I can only sing it’s praises!
I hope this week is going great for you have you got any favourite meal replacements at the moment or still trying them all out?
Hi @kayes81 hope you are well. I am an Exante’er so nice to meet you and lovely to (virtually) see you! I am about 14 weeks in and have found it a really brilliant plan for me. How are you finding it? I went on it as my weight was spiralling and I felt very low about myself and it has given me a boost of self worth (which makes no sense as nothing can give you self worth only yourself) but I do feel better about myself!
I am no expert at all but I am on the 800 plan and finding it really good. Hope you are getting on ok.
Thanks for the warm welcome !! Ive done similar diets previously Cambridge and lighter life 10 +.years ago, and did attempt exante a few years back when the programs were a little different the 800 plan was 600 cals a day and no healthy meal, and im still trying to get my head round that, I dont want to supplement with normal food as I know so early in it would be a slippery slope for me so trying to do 4 products albeit not successfully as I'm just not physically hungry to have a 4th feels like im force feeding myself lol, early days so still finding my feet, so far my favourite has to be the lemon cheesecake shake, working my way through the list not a fan of the soups and haven't tried any bars yet xx

Sounds like you are doing great, we are quite similar as I did the ‘old Exante’ with the 3 replacements a good few years back so was surprised when it was also a 200kcal meal. It is a lot more flexible than what it used to be and if the 4 works for you that’s what is best. I enjoy having the meal but it is a very small meal haha! I need to try the lemon cheesecake shake it sounds nice have been working through them (they didn’t have such a wide selection before either!). I love the cinnamon swirl shake and the pecan and maple flapjack for a bar(which I think is a bit of a divisive one but we all have different tastes) I have gotten used to the water now but it’s a good thing if you feel full as that’s half the battle sometimes!
I try to take it a day at a time rather than thinking have x amount of time and have found this works well for me.

Back