Loopeylou's Food Ramblings

MinkyDinky said:
Hello loopy! Just wanted to ask about the Sharon fruit - I bought one the other day as I had never eaten one before and now it's just sitting in my fridge! Sounds silly, but..... How do you eat yours?? Xx

I only had my first last week :) but they are delicious. You can just slice and eat skin and all as there's no stone etc, really juicy and sweet.
Today I've peeled one and added to our fruit salad. Get it out of the fridge and enjoy. Kind of reminds me of peachy melon mmmmm :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Check you out! Loving the food galore! How was he hummus? And the muffins? Nice...? I've made a pudding once on s and that was the banana cake but didn't like it.. Don't like artificial sweetener.. I always syn my sugar in my cuppa.. Only have 1 a day, if that.. I can go days without caffeine but when I do, I have to have proper sugar..

Roziee said:
Check you out! Loving the food galore! How was he hummus? And the muffins? Nice...? I've made a pudding once on s and that was the banana cake but didn't like it.. Don't like artificial sweetener.. I always syn my sugar in my cuppa.. Only have 1 a day, if that.. I can go days without caffeine but when I do, I have to have proper sugar..

Hummus is so much tastier with jalepenos , will be lucky if there's any left tom as my son loved it lol.
Muffins are lovely, really moist too. I don't like sugar and have always had Splenda so for me I can't tell if there's an artificial taste.
Sometimes it nicer to spend the syns on the real thing rather than make the compromise xx

Hi, had a look at your lovely food you made, do you have the recipe for the bacon and onion scones and the choc and raspberry muffins, they look delicious, you have put me back into the baking mode which I seemed to have lost for a bit, so thank you. xx

JaneB said:
Hi, had a look at your lovely food you made, do you have the recipe for the bacon and onion scones and the choc and raspberry muffins, they look delicious, you have put me back into the baking mode which I seemed to have lost for a bit, so thank you. xx

Hiya :) a new visitor to my diary wohoo
The scone recipe is on the recipe thread called cheese scones.... Sorry cant do links from iPhone. All I do differently is sauté onion, garlic and bacon and add to mix before stirring in the potato.

The muffins again are on the recipe thread... Oatbran muffin, I swapped the toffee muller for vanilla and stirred on 4 finely chopped apricots and a 8 raspberries. The syn value is 3 each or if using Oatbran as heB then 3 muffins is your allowance plus 4 syns.

Xx

Mmmmmm your food pics are making me hungry! :) I love the scones, but munched 5 of them with a cottage pie the other week so i have banned myself from making them, lol. Maybe i should halve the recipie so i cant get so greedy with them! xx

Mmmmmm your food pics are making me hungry! :) I love the scones, but munched 5 of them with a cottage pie the other week so i have banned myself from making them, lol. Maybe i should halve the recipie so i cant get so greedy with them! xx

:eek: lol....I have to share receipe with hubbie to have for lunch with soups. I have 2 per day and he has the rest. I am getting tired of them now though....think too often is too much :)
xx

Dinner tonight was scrummy, chicken and bacon pasta served with sprouting broccoli and carrots

Attachments

• image-1915928396.jpg
    image-1915928396.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 46
Brekkie -
28g Oatbran porridge B, 350ml skim milk A, raspberries, ff fromage frais and 11g options - 2

S- pear

Lunch-
Carrot and coriander soup, potato scone, ham and fruit salad

Dinner
Chicken and bacon pasta - 4, 42g lf cheese - 6
Sprouting broccoli and carrots

Fruit salad and raspberry & apricot muffin - 3

Total syns: 15

Last edited:
Hiya :) a new visitor to my diary wohoo
The scone recipe is on the recipe thread called cheese scones.... Sorry cant do links from iPhone. All I do differently is sauté onion, garlic and bacon and add to mix before stirring in the potato.

The muffins again are on the recipe thread... Oatbran muffin, I swapped the toffee muller for vanilla and stirred on 4 finely chopped apricots and a 8 raspberries. The syn value is 3 each or if using Oatbran as heB then 3 muffins is your allowance plus 4 syns.

Xx

:thankyou: I have been feeling down and deflated of late, but just looking at your food recipes have put me back in the baking mood which I needed, its lovely to have other peoples ideas. xx

JaneB said:
:thankyou: I have been feeling down and deflated of late, but just looking at your food recipes have put me back in the baking mood which I needed, its lovely to have other peoples ideas. xx

I think that's what's great about sharing, I love reading everyone's post and keeping the ideas flowing.
Also it's reassuring that we all have down/bad days but we can pick ourselves back up. We're all in the same boat just that some of our journeys take longer than others.
Keep going and trying sweetie xxx

I think that's what's great about sharing, I love reading everyone's post and keeping the ideas flowing.
Also it's reassuring that we all have down/bad days but we can pick ourselves back up. We're all in the same boat just that some of our journeys take longer than others.
Keep going and trying sweetie xxx

I can't agree with you more, this forum has been a life line for me and I have made some lovely friends for life and hopefully alot more, we will get to the end of our journey however long it takes knowing we will never be alone. keep up the good work xx

No food pic tonight as totally forgot until the bowl was empty lol
Had a gorgeous beef casserole full of veg.... No potatoes as there was so much meat and veg :)
Will have a bowl of fruit salad and an Oatbran muffing later and still syns spare :)
Got to make muffins tomorrow eve for taster session at group on thurs, can't wait to see what everyone eats to get some more ideas.

Back