loose skin

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Ditsy, 24 April 2014 Social URL.

1. Ditsy

Ditsy Full Member

I really need help. I lost 6 Stone about 3 yrs ago. I am happy I have lost the weight, but I just can't cope with all the loose skin. I can only wear long sleeved shirts and live in jeans. I seem to be getting worse with how I feel. I know we are our own worst enemy, I just can't get over it. I have never liked how I've looked even before the weight gain. I dont even want to bother looking for a partner because i wont be happy. Any advice would be appreciated. Please help :'(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. TracyGWill

TracyGWill Gold Member

Have you looked into the surgical options? That's the only way to get rid of it, unfortunately. Did you lose the weight quickly? :) xx

4. chezz

chezz walk walk walk

hi ditsy

have you spoke your dr they may be able to give you some advice x x x

5. Ditsy

Ditsy Full Member

Hi, theirs no way I could afford surgery unfortunately. Have been to the Dr to see if I can get it done through NHS but no joy. :-(
    I lost 6st over 9 months, don't know if that's quick or not... Lol
    Just wish I could get 'over it' because I know my body is gonna get even worse when I'm older, if that's possible. xx

6. TracyGWill

TracyGWill Gold Member

I think you just need to look on the positive side and know how much healthier you are at 6 stone lighter - that's a brilliant achievement!

I just wondered how fast you'd lost it as I know that losing quickly is a major factor in getting loose skin. It probably took me about a year to lose my first 6 stone, so maybe a little slower than you? My loose skin doesn't bother me too much, I just accept that I can never wear short sleeves or short skirts, lol, but with clothes on it's absolutely fine and I bet yours is too! :)

I know it's easy to say focus on the positives, but it really is the best advice I can offer if you've ruled out surgery. Take care. :) xx

7. Ditsy

Ditsy Full Member

I definitely do look better with clothes on.lol
    Thank you for the advice. I'll just have to look up positive quotes and keep reading them everyday. xx

8. TracyGWill

TracyGWill Gold Member

Try making a list of all the things that are better since you lost weight - if it's anything like mine, the pros will far outweigh the cons! :) xx