Loosing weight before ttc

hello. i am very happy as i have lost 13lbs this month, so im on my way. very happy. if i keep this up i'll be ready to start trying in no time. woop woop.
Erin

Oh wicked, 13lbs is brill babe!! magic. I need to do a ticker too i think, if i can work out how to do it, LOL. I had a sneaky weigh this morning and was down another 4lbs - official wi tomorrow so pushing to get 5lbs off - are we ever bloomin happy??

Elaine, how are you? Oli x

if you go on the tech support bit theres step by step instructions on how to do the ticker thing. very useful. i know what you mean about never being happy, i am happy with 13lbs but my first thought was why couldnt i have lost one more pound to make it a stone. crazy really. lol.

Well done with the 13lb weight loss!! Erin! i bet your over the moon with that. Hope the weight you want to shift before trying comes off in no time :D

Well done Oli! i hope it manages to push to 5lb, you are really doing so well!. How much are you ideally hoping to loose?

My hubby and I have gone nuts!! lol. We are going to start ttc in March so i really need to shift this weight!, i have noticed i am 2lb down so far, but i am going to make sure more weight is off tomorrow lol!, but i will still weigh in on Monday but it should be Friday really, but it will mean it should be a better loss by the following monday.

Good luck for tomorrow Oli! and hope your all well and enjoying the weekend
xx

March, jeeze you don't have much time bab, march is only 5 weeks away - can you believe that? first 3 months of the year gone? :eek::confused:

I really want to wait till summer to TTC cos if i do think i might be pg then i will be cheating, it will be the excuse i need and i really don't want that :p:D. I'm really hoping i can get a fair bit of weight off, OH has promised me a £50 note for every 50lbs lost, i can stick them to the fridge as motivation :D:D

If i can lose another 5lbs tomorrow that me down 29lbs already and thats in 21 days of 100% ss - although, i did lose when i had flu in December! Last night i must have looked up ordering domino's about 20 times, OH said it was my decision but he wouldn't eat it and that he would be really disappointed cos he know i would have gone on a major downer and been at nando's today, haha!

Keep coming on here elaine and erin and we can keep eachother going x

march is soooo soon. wish i could start trying then. Oli you have lost so much already, thats so great. Im getting married on the 1st July this year so i cant start trying til after that i think. very exciting year though this year just need to get some weight off. what day do you guys officially weigh? im thinking i might change mine to monday as of next week so i cant go off the rails a bit on sunday evenings. lol. i thought i had been naughty cause i had a subway earlier and a bag of maltesers, just worked out my caleries and i still have 600 to use today which im suprised at so yay i can eat. lol.

oooh subway, mmmm!! i wish :( i'd love a subway melt with extra cheese and loads of mayo :sigh: no wonder i am having to diet :rolleyes::D

Yip, Monday WI's sound good to be, thats what i already do :D

Right ladies, report tomorrow with the numbers lost and numbers lost in total - yeah?

Hi,

I'm in the same boat as you. I have two beautiful kids and one of the reasons I want to lose weight is to be healthy when I ttc for no. 3. My bro has diabetes and I have been heavy all my life (though never this heavy) and I don't want my own history or my family history to affect another pregnancy (because my history did the last two times). It's gas because I had a c section on my first child and my determination on my second child was to go naturally (which I did). This time my determination is to get to a healthy weight AND to hold it during and after my pregnancy.

I did WW a couple of years before the kids were born and lost 4 stone but I don't seem to find the diet worked for me after I had the kids. I'm kinda doing my own - following Paul McKenna's "I can make you thin" because I believe weight loss is genuinely all about mind over matter. Kinda following WW , in that I know what things are low and high points and also doing more exercise than I have ever done in my life thanks to a great trainer that I've found in my local gym - just luck with her !!

Best of luck, hopefully we can compare weight loss and baby notes soon.
Cheers,
Determind.

Hi determind, i tried paul mckenna a few years ago, i think its a great system and really should work, i think once i get to goal thats what i will be looking at to maintain for sure. are you going to join us for monday weigh in or do you have your own day in mind?

monday weigh ins sound like a plan me thinks then we can all post and compare and 'well done' and 'nevermind' each other. lol. obviously i wont be weighing myself again tomororw but i will join you next week.
Erin

Hi Kissed a Kat ,

Yep, I'm up for a Monday weigh in. I've done it each Monday morning before breakfast, showers etc so that works out perfectly. Not sure if I'll see a loss this week though. I'm falling back into the bad habit of eating in the late evening again. However, still haven't touched chocolate since Jan 1st so that's a bonus. See you tomorrow.
Cheers,
Determind

Aww its lovely to see more people on the same boat! its lovely we are all wanting to loose weight for ttc!.

Determind! well done with stopping chocolate! i have had a sneaky bit today :eek: but i have to stop eating it.

I have never had a subway before, but in the adverts they look so lovely!. I can relate to the dominoes pizza! its just so yummy! but very well done Oli for not giving in!, and brilliant about the £50 for every 50lb loss.

I am tempted to try the paul mckenna way, i watched a thing on sky 1 about it ages ago.

Good luck for Monday ladies! :D :D

I am not expecting a good loss as i have only started this new diet on Friday so not many days in. But i need the weight to come off quickly!!!! lol.

xxx

Monday - 1st Feb

Morning elaine, erin and determined!

Determined, welcome to the fold, ur chocolate sounded lovely! Cadbury's world isn't far from me and everytime you go you get liquid chocolate in a cup, mmm!!! subway is gorgeous elaine, go get one, you can get really low cal ones too - although give me the mayo!! haha. Erin, we'll keep eachother from jumping off the rails x

Right, weigh in result.

i DID it!

01/02/10 - loss 5lbs!! whoop whoop
total loss - 29lbs

Oli x

Hello ladies.....can i join u guys too?

Im ttc'ing at the moment. Well I have been for about 4 months. Im 28, recently married and 15 stone 12 so ideally I want to get my weight down to even 13 and a half. Im going to ttc all the way through though and see what happens.

Is everyone doing cambridge? Im following weight watchers myself. Did a VLCD before but I put a fair bit back on. For me it was torture...ww is much more managable for me.

Awww well done Oli!! :bliss:
Hiya LuckyLucy, best of luck for ttc! but also hope you manage to reach your target weight loss soon.

I am following a low carb diet, have been since Friday, and i have lost 3lb!! :bliss: so not to bad, cause i was not exactly good before friday lol!.

Hope all weighing in today do well!.

xx

welcome lucy. im not on the cambridge diet, im doing a low fat, low carb low cal diet with xenical and lots of exercise. so far so good. I havent weighed myself today since i did it yesterday. well done oli and elaine. thats amazing 3lbs in 3 days elaine. oli im glad your extra pound came off. i cant wait to weigh myself next week. im feeling good about this at the moment. went to the gym this morning and i actually managed to jog for 3 minutes which is a first. well happy. yay.
Erin xx

well Erin, you never see a fat runner.... :D

I think you guys doing the dieting with food are brave, i know i couldn't. Been feeding up OH, got to stop it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Its great having you guys to chat with x

Hi

This is great. I'm so glad to find that there are more people than me with the same aims and goals in mind. Yeah - go the TTC girls !

Well done on the weight loss ladies. Isn't it such a great sense of satisfaction when it happens?

So my weight loss in week 4 was 5 lbs. To say I'm delighted is an understatement.

Week 1 - 2lbs
Week 2 - 3lbs
Week 3 - 2 lbs
Week 4 - 5 lbs (total 12lbs) !!!!! YEAH !!

Roll on next week.

Back