Loosing weight before ttc

excuse the rubbish joke but if your "determined" LOL!!! :D:confused::D haha

i was back on the scales today, another lb gone! never ever to return :p think i need to get OH to hide them, i am becoming obsessed :sigh: not something i thought i would be. Changed my fridge magnets too, 29 21, 29 lost and 21 till the nifty fifty!! haha

Ain't it exciting to think this time next year we could all be pg or maybe with baby!! :eek::D bring it on

Hope your all good, keep posting ladies! Oli x

I really hope i am pregnant this time next year. feeling a bit down today, i went on a little eating rampage last night, i blame the running it made me hungry so today i am just eating cucumber. lol. i might have some soup as well later. then tomorrow i will start again. cant wait for monday to see if i did any damage. so terrified of putting on.

oli i read about the cambridge diet and still think its scary. lol. are you doing it with no food at all, if you know what i mean? i guess it should mean a quick loss so cant argue with that but i know i would keep cheating and eating food so wouldnt work for me.
Erin

aww well done with the 5lb weight loss!!

I am a further 1lb down today (naughty i know lol, to weigh before monday). I ate loads yesterday! :eek:.

I still have my totm at the moment (tmi soz lol) but i am so happy to have lost yesterday and today, i tend to usually gain.

I hope by this time next year we all manage to be expecting, or have had our babies! really lovely thought that :D

Hope your all doing well! the weight losses were great! xx

I am feeling pretty low atm :cry:.

I read this! and i wish i never!!. I have been overweight in all my pregnancies, never had trouble with my pregnancies at all, i did go over my dates but i started each labour myself!.

I am so tempted not to go to the doc if we manage to conceive our fourth little bundle, cause it will be the same from the doctors and midwives, i got so stressed due to them going on about the risk of death because of my weight etc!, i could have had home births if i wanted! as there was no problems what so ever with me or my baby girls! :mad: :mad:

oh girls, don't be down, we have so much to look forward too. I have to admit, i am losing weight because i want to be healthy and not frowned upon by midwives about being obese!! although, that is what i want to do and i am not saying its right. I think if someone wants a baby and they can conceive then who is anyone, medical profession or otherwise to say they are wrong. Do what makes you happy.

Big hugs but remember the reason we are all on this journey x

AH, mummy of three girls, don't feel like that. Like you, I've been overweight in all my pregnancies and while I had some problems, I had nothing that no other mother had (fat or thin). You say nearly the same thing yourself anyway in your post - you have had healthy pregnancies. Being overweight doesn't mean you can't have babies. Here's a little something from me: group hug ! :grouphugg:

Just think of next year. We could all have a little bundle in our arms.
Mummy of three girls, what would you call yourself if you next one is a little boy? :)

One of my good friends had a baby boy today at lunchtime and I'm delighted for her but I am SOOOO Jealous too. Still, it gives me even more reason to be motivated so here we go. As far as I'm concerned this is a long term plan. If I lose an average 2 lbs a week for the next year thats 104 lbs or nearly 7.5 stone !!! Two pounds is doable, right?

Gosh, when you say it like that, 2lbs per week is brilliant, 7.5st!! :D:D:D

I wish there was a crystal ball we could peek into to see what this next year holds - anyone got one? haha :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Elaine/Erin hope your both feeling better today, its a brand new day! :hug99:

Things here are fine, struggled last night but made it, i know one slip and i'm doomed! got loads of today and am exhausted, so early night tonight.

Oli x

Thanks xx

2lb a week is very doable! amazing when its put like that eh! :D i do kinda want to hold back ttc till i have a few more stones in weight off!, but i have no idea how to do it quickly. I keep saying to hubby about the exante diet, but he keeps saying i will not be able to stick at it, as its better to eat and loose weight :rolleyes:, it might be better, but it doesn't get the weight off quite as fast does it???

Hope your all doing well, well done for not slipping up last night Oli! it is to easy to go off the rails but i bet you feel very proud of yourself for sticking to the diet!! :D. Hugs to you Erin, hope your feeling better today

xx

Morning ladies

Sorry I havent been on. I kind of went a bit mental for a few days (hubby brought me away for a suprise weekend)!! Was ok with food but had a fair few drinkies :party0016: Anyways........back on the buzz today.

mummyofthreegirls - seriously dont pay any attention to stuff you read on the internet. You said yourself youve had healthy pregnancies all along so why would this one be any different? Chin up luv and think of the bigger picture x

I know we all want to loose the weight fast but (now Ill probably get a slap for this....) I think healthy eating is the way to go. For me I dont understand the logic of doing a vlcd - to get pregnant - to pile a lot of the weight back on again. A friend of mine did cambridge and lost 5 stone in 4 months, she went from about 16 stone to 11 ish, she fell pregnant and is now 17 stone 6 and has 6 weeks to go. She didnt go mental at all on her eating. She ate healthily but it just piled on?? She put herself through all that torture of no food to be back in the same position.....Ive been there myself and have come to the conclusion that eat less and move more is the only way

We are all entitled to our opinions Lucy :D for me cambridge is working great and the fact that so many people are conceiving after losing so much weight is exactly what i need :hug99:

Thats a shame about your friend, however i don't think thats right. There is no way if you ate properly you would gain that much, i think we'd all be guilty of eating for two - i know i would see it as a green light. I really hope she gets the weight off when she's ready.

Your hubby sounds lovely taking you away, bless. Oli x

Lucy I think you just have to find a way that works for you.
Plenty of us in this section lost weight on CD and didn't gain huge amounts during pregnancy. I've gained 10lbs in 21 weeks and according to the pregnancy weight gain calculator I'm bang on for the amount I've gained. I haven't gone mad but I haven't always been sensible either.
If healthy eating is what works for you then I wish you lots of luck. You all have the best motivation in the world so whatever method of weightloss you choose just keep focused on that!

Hiya Ladies.
Well i have asked hubby to see if it would be OK to do the exante diet next month, just to get the weight off then we will ttc.
I do agree that eating healthy is much better for you, but i am hoping to get a good bulk of the weight off quickly, then focus on my eating, i have my slimming world book still and i do love all the foods in it, so i will follow that while i am preg (if i do fall preg again, i need to realise that i might not fall pregnant!)

Hope your all keeping well! :D i have not lost any more weight yet, but weigh in day is on Monday, so i will need to stay off the scales lol!!

Thank goodness its Friday tomorrow!!! :bliss: last nursery run, then the weekend!! yippee!!!! :p:greenapple:

hi elaine, good to see your cheery.... stick with whichever diet works for you babe. I have been thinking loads about TTC and not conceiving. OH and I have been NTNP (not trying not preventing) but nothing and being overweight means i don't always have the same length cycle. Did you take a long time with your girls?

Off to look at the exante section on here to find out what its all about x

Hiya Oli :)

I did the npnt with our eldest, as we were married and thought, well we want children, so it will happen when it does lol. We got married in the March, i fell pregnant late Aug early Sept. With our middle lass, I fell pregnant the month we tried. With my youngest, it took quite a while for my periods to return after coming off the mini pill (4 months with no period) then i got a period and fell preg the next month.

My cycles are quite long they are 31 days and i ovulate on the 20th day (used ovulation sticks), so i am not sure if thats OK or not, as i read somewhere about it being normal for you to ovulate on the 14th - 17th day.

Good luck with the ntnp! hope you do fall pregnant when you are hoping to :D . Its lovely getting the weight off though x

Oh that must be the best falling pg the first month trying, its soul destroying seeing a single line!! :(

As long as your ovulating i assume its ok, i was using a CBFM for a few months but always had highs, never a peak so got sick of it (typical me). I really hope loosing lbs will help, as soon as i get the first chunk off i am gonna re-set it and see if i am working any better :confused::confused:

There are so many girls on here who have lost a lot of weight and conceived right away and my sis-in-law jokes it should be on the side effects of this diet - here's hoping x

well ladies, its Friday!! :bliss:whoo hoo, half way thru another diet week for us! Stepped on the scales today and have lost a dismal 2lbs since Monday :jelous: hoping for a least another 2 by WI on Monday.

I was treated yesterday to two charms from my OH, boho soho charms, they are gorgeous. One is a cloud that say "live your dreams" and the other is a red heart in a cage meaning "you've captured my heart" - he said he wanted to get me them to say how proud he is of me doing this. He's a gem (sometimes!) lol.

Hope you guys are still doing well x

Back